LaunchEon 1.1 in the shop + new bundles!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
supersmarter

26 Feb 2023

Bes wrote:
25 Feb 2023
i got you, on the leftmost panel of the reason DAW is the browser panel (if you are using the rack plugin it's probably in a dropdown menu but i don't know). anyway, down the left side of the browser panel are the browse locations for each "type" of thing you are looking for. instruments and effects and players etc, then the banks of patches that come with reason and then you'll see the Rack Extension Icon :re: which is where all the patches that install with any rack extensions you have a license for. opening up this branch will show you the list of RE's, find LaunchEon in this list and in that folder you will find the the combinator patches you are looking for. double click or drag one into the rack to load it :thumbs_up:
Wow man I didn't even know about that. Thank you so much, now I see Combinator patches. Thank you so much. Have a great weekend.

Bes
Competition Winner

26 Feb 2023

:thumbs_up: np
- Certified Reason expert

challism

25 Jun 2023

LaunchEon is currently on sale for $25 (summer bash). I am really tempted to get it. But I think I might be out of money. :(
Are all you owners of LaunchEon finding it useful? What are some ways you have been using it? I'd love to hear some of your best uses of LaunchEon. I'd like to use it to control player patterns.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... launcheon/
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

electrofux

26 Jun 2023

Is it possible if someone post the remote_info.txt in here, so that i dont have to trial to figure out whats possible with this device?

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

26 Jun 2023

electrofux wrote:
26 Jun 2023
Is it possible if someone post the remote_info.txt in here, so that i dont have to trial to figure out whats possible with this device?
Pretty much everything is Remote-able unless it is on a Custom Display.
That said, there are also controls specifically set up for the X and Y morphing controls in the classic morphing mode.

At this point the Scene-To-Scene morph has no remote controls, but I'm working on another feature which will give something similar to this, ideally before the end of the year. Doing it directly on the S2S will not likely ever be possible as the custom display does so much of the legwork.

Hope this helps
Brian

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

26 Jun 2023

challism wrote:
25 Jun 2023
I'd like to use it to control player patterns.
Hi :)

I'm not the best person to respond to this for obvious reasons, but contolling the Player pattern sequencers is a joy!

Check out the videos:

Cheers,
Brian

electrofux

26 Jun 2023

Enlightenspeed wrote:
26 Jun 2023
electrofux wrote:
26 Jun 2023
Pretty much everything is Remote-able unless it is on a Custom Display.
That said, there are also controls specifically set up for the X and Y morphing controls in the classic morphing mode.

At this point the Scene-To-Scene morph has no remote controls, but I'm working on another feature which will give something similar to this, ideally before the end of the year. Doing it directly on the S2S will not likely ever be possible as the custom display does so much of the legwork.

Hope this helps
Brian
I guess that excludes the sliders for the 40 cv values? Wasnt really expecting them to be remotable as this would be a number higher than what i learned is possible but i figued i better ask before i was missing out - i could make use of 16 more values per set than Vol SL-1 has.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

27 Jun 2023

electrofux wrote:
26 Jun 2023
I guess that excludes the sliders for the 40 cv values? Wasnt really expecting them to be remotable as this would be a number higher than what i learned is possible but i figued i better ask before i was missing out - i could make use of 16 more values per set than Vol SL-1 has.
Ok, first up, there are 32 outright CV ports, and 8 Pattern CV ports. The Pattern CV's are remoteable but optimised for Pattern devices; They can still be used for CV, but would always be "steppy".

There is a plan to add the sliders in via remote, although this is a tricky solution and at the moment it's a bit further down on the priority list. Whether this will be in place late this year or early next is not yet known - gotta keep in mind here that Agnostik has a lot more work to be done than LaunchEon does, so most of the effort will go to that for a bit.

Cheers,
Brian

electrofux

27 Jun 2023

Enlightenspeed wrote:
27 Jun 2023
electrofux wrote:
26 Jun 2023
Ok, first up, there are 32 outright CV ports, and 8 Pattern CV ports. The Pattern CV's are remoteable but optimised for Pattern devices; They can still be used for CV, but would always be "steppy".

There is a plan to add the sliders in via remote, although this is a tricky solution and at the moment it's a bit further down on the priority list. Whether this will be in place late this year or early next is not yet known - gotta keep in mind here that Agnostik has a lot more work to be done than LaunchEon does, so most of the effort will go to that for a bit.

Cheers,
Brian
Thats totally fine. I am aware that remote related things are already pretty niche.

If it interests you how i would use it... I am already using Volt SL1 in that manner and that is i connected the 24 CV outs to BeatMap and then displayed the parameters on my Launchpad over three pages (1 XY Matrix, 2 for the Drum parameters and 3 for the Map selection, Length and the Volt Pattern selection (one Volt Pattern is a complete Beatmap setting). Now with 16 more parameters i could integrate a little sequencer where the Volt patterns could also be sequenced via the Launchpad. It is already super fun to use but automation of different Beatmap settings on the fly would be just pure bliss (and then i wouldnt even have touched the other features Launcheon offers).

• Information