ANOMA LoFi Effect in the shop (Ekssperimental Sounds)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
challism

04 Oct 2022

Another release by Ekss that I don't have... and I want.
Intro price 30% savings
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... fi-effect/
anoma.png
anoma.png (127.71 KiB) Viewed 3034 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Bes
Competition Winner

04 Oct 2022

i watched a few ekss twitch streams with this and it sounds really nice
- Certified Reason expert

ekss
RE Developer

04 Oct 2022

Thanks for posting Challism!
Here's a few sound examples:

As you can hear it's pretty neat for introducing random fluctuations with a tape like quality (you can also set the modulation to regular for a more traditional chorus effect (lower mix to ~50%). And with the pitch shifting delay and big sounding reverb it makes it easy to create ambient pads huge soundscapes, or just add a dreamy atmosphere :)

Faastwalker

04 Oct 2022

Bes wrote:
04 Oct 2022
And one video shows something else in the pipeline :cool:

ekss
RE Developer

04 Oct 2022

Faastwalker wrote:
04 Oct 2022
Bes wrote:
04 Oct 2022

I was so happy to have the 8 step sequencer (nearly) working that I wanted to share an early teaser. It's still a looong way to go thou... 🙂

Faastwalker

04 Oct 2022

ekss wrote:
04 Oct 2022
Faastwalker wrote:
04 Oct 2022

I was so happy to have the 8 step sequencer (nearly) working that I wanted to share an early teaser. It's still a looong way to go thou... 🙂
Looks very interesting already. Looking forward to seeing what this develops into :thumbup:

MuttReason

06 Oct 2022

… aaaaand instant sale. Nice one (again) Ekss, looking forward to playing with this.

Faastwalker

07 Oct 2022

RandomNoise wrote:
06 Oct 2022
Nice demo. Amazing what it did to that basic Subractor patch. Beautiful.

Okay, sold to me. Hitting BUY right now :thumbup:

Steedus
Competition Winner

07 Oct 2022

Sounds fantastic. Really into this one. But if I'm honest the visuals don't really do it for me.. when I first saw it I thought it was a Combinator 2 patch. Definitely have to give this one a trial though!

Faastwalker

09 Oct 2022

Loving this. I tried putting Arturia Microfreak through it. ANOMA really adds some niceness to it :thumbup:

ekss
RE Developer

09 Oct 2022

Faastwalker wrote:
09 Oct 2022
Loving this. I tried putting Arturia Microfreak through it. ANOMA really adds some niceness to it :thumbup:

Sounds beautiful!
Do you mind if I put it into the SoundCloud demo playlist?

MuttReason

09 Oct 2022

This is a fabulous effect Ekss, great work!

One request for next update, would it be possible to add detents to the Pitch knob in the Delay section? Either that or round the knob increments to the nearest 10 or 20 cents rather than 1 cent? I'm getting some fabulous stepped pitch shifting effects with the delay but it's pretty hard to dial in an exact pitch (e.g. +7 semis) even when holding down shift and moving the knob for fine tuning.

ekss
RE Developer

09 Oct 2022

MuttReason wrote:
09 Oct 2022

One request for next update, would it be possible to add detents to the Pitch knob in the Delay section? Either that or round the knob increments to the nearest 10 or 20 cents rather than 1 cent? I'm getting some fabulous stepped pitch shifting effects with the delay but it's pretty hard to dial in an exact pitch (e.g. +7 semis) even when holding down shift and moving the knob for fine tuning.

Thanks, that's a great idea!
I can add a switch for stepped settings of the knob:)

MuttReason

09 Oct 2022

ekss wrote:
09 Oct 2022
MuttReason wrote:
09 Oct 2022

Thanks, that's a great idea!
I can add a switch for stepped settings of the knob:)
Fantastic, thanks! That little pitch knob works wonders, it’s a big part of the magic I think.

Faastwalker

09 Oct 2022

ekss wrote:
09 Oct 2022
Faastwalker wrote:
09 Oct 2022

Sounds beautiful!
Do you mind if I put it into the SoundCloud demo playlist?
By all means. Go for it :thumbs_up:

Steedus
Competition Winner

09 Oct 2022

This might go against a core feature/idea of the device (and I understand this isn't a beta, and the feature list is set.), but I'd like a switch to turn on or off the saturation of the Lowpass gate. I was using it last night on a more mellow track and kinda wanted the effect it was producing, but without an extra grit from the saturation.

ekss
RE Developer

10 Oct 2022

Steedus wrote:
09 Oct 2022
This might go against a core feature/idea of the device (and I understand this isn't a beta, and the feature list is set.), but I'd like a switch to turn on or off the saturation of the Lowpass gate. I was using it last night on a more mellow track and kinda wanted the effect it was producing, but without an extra grit from the saturation.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely consider it for the update.
As a way around it you could lower the volume on the instrument going into Anoma (saturation is achieved by pushing signal through a wave shaper, if it's low enough it will make minimal distortion) to compensate for the the low volume, and still open the LPG you can raise the base freq with the small trimmer. Let me know if you think it does the trick!

dhruan

14 Oct 2022

Oh yeah, finally got around to actually playing with this... wow! Goosebumps! I had Complex-1 as the signal source, tweaking the ANOMA a bit I was able to generate this really fantastic COIL'ish sound, warm, but at the same time menacing... oh yeah, will be buying this one. The sound quality is amazing, what you put in is magically transformed into quite something else. Just my kind of kit, great for all flavors of moody/dark industrial, etc.
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

Whoopdee

24 Oct 2022

Cool plugin, Is this algorithmic based or does it use convolution technology? Thanks.

ekss
RE Developer

24 Oct 2022

Whoopdee wrote:
24 Oct 2022
Cool plugin, Is this algorithmic based or does it use convolution technology? Thanks.
No convolution in this, all code :)

arnigretar

25 Oct 2022

another great device from ekss. now it's time to write an album just with his re's!
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

• Information