EQ6T "atmo EQ" released

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
turn2on
RE Developer

Post 15 Jul 2022

EQ6T 6-Band Equalizer:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... equalizer/

• Brings transparency, presence at the highest level
• Saving natural sound of the signal
• The modern view of the legendary hardware

EQ6T was inspired by the well-known blue EQ and designed with some changes that help to shape EQ bands. EQ6T provides unparalleled transparency and top-end presence, preserving the natural sound of the signal. The EQ works with minimal phase shift, and the ATMO Band interacts with the other bands.

The history of the original hardware “airy” EQ from Cliff Maag* (as most of the musical equalizers ever made) started in 1993 with the introduction of the “AIR BAND” ® to the audio world in the EQ3. Later, with EQ4, this magical EQ gained more power, headroom, and control.

Turn2on’s “EQ6T” Rack Extension is a versatile and powerful take on legendary hardware (this is not an emulation, but rather our modern perspective). It retains the basic functionality with some changes and additions of band shapers, with level trim control of the output signal. With EQ6T, you can use clear control and save the natural sound of the signal.

* All product names, artists, engineers, bands names, trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All company, product and service names used are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, trademarks and brands does not imply endorsement

moofi

Post 15 Jul 2022

Any comparison to the Red Rock one already? Asking because I already got RR´s and don´t wanna trial for now.

turn2on
RE Developer

Post 15 Jul 2022

It’s not repeating for the Maag EQ4, EQ3. It have different architecture, starting from sub as low shelf, not a bell band. Additional band shapers and Q add more usability in work with shaping (form the band from baxandall to a notch), also it have another ATMO band frequencies. Some changes to more wider bands levels. Finally it’s only inspired by Maag concept at start of work, and not the emulation of EQ4.
In description we talk about this.
Anyway, this is different EQ to Maag and RedRock and was been build in own way.

moofi

Post 15 Jul 2022

Allight, thank you, gonna check it out :-)
turn2on wrote:
15 Jul 2022
It’s not repeating for the Maag EQ4, EQ3. It have different architecture, starting from sub as low shelf, not a bell band. Additional band shapers and Q add more usability in work with shaping (form the band from baxandall to a notch), also it have another ATMO band frequencies. Some changes to more wider bands levels. Finally it’s only inspired by Maag concept at start of work, and not the emulation of EQ4.
In description we talk about this.
Anyway, this is different EQ to Maag and RedRock and was been build in own way.

moofi

Post 16 Jul 2022

After replying I checked it out. Pleasantly transparent round sound. Only thing I noticed is the Atmo Boost isn´t really noticable at 15-16kHz. If I put several in a row it becomes more obvious. Then it´s sounds quite pleasant. Would it be possible to raise the achievable gain amount for those bands?

Bought anyway :-)

turn2on
RE Developer

Post 16 Jul 2022

Hi, yes. Main bands have boost up to 15db, but ATMO band have only 10 dB boost by original design of EQ4, I think that really need to add bigger boost option, may be 15 dB can be enough to add as option in update

moofi

Post 16 Jul 2022

Sounds good. :-)

Given the quite small impact at least the 15+16kHz bands have I would potentially consider setting the range to possibly something even bigger than + 15dB. I obtained a pleasant sound after putting 4-6 devices in a row with the 16kHz band boost set to max .
turn2on wrote:
16 Jul 2022
Hi, yes. Main bands have boost up to 15db, but ATMO band have only 10 dB boost by original design of EQ4, I think that really need to add bigger boost option, may be 15 dB can be enough to add as option in update

geronimo

Post 29 Jul 2022

How long is the introductory price, please ?

turn2on
RE Developer

Post 30 Jul 2022

Hi, up to 13 August

• Information