Ekssperimental Sounds New Retro Fx Bundle (holly shajz)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Steedus
Posts: 788
Joined: 31 Aug 2015
Location: Melbourne, AU

Post 21 Jul 2022

Hey Erik, my 2 cents: gotta be honest with you, in terms of UI design I don’t like the fact the Pre FX section ‘appears’ to have 2 mix knobs. I know these are for the pitch and lofi setting but having them both next to each other in the same sectioned off box,.. don’t know, it looks weird to me.

User avatar
ekss
RE Developer
Posts: 449
Joined: 09 Nov 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 21 Jul 2022

Steedus wrote:
21 Jul 2022
Hey Erik, my 2 cents: gotta be honest with you, in terms of UI design I don’t like the fact the Pre FX section ‘appears’ to have 2 mix knobs. I know these are for the pitch and lofi setting but having them both next to each other in the same sectioned off box,.. don’t know, it looks weird to me.
Like you say, it’s for pitch and lofi, both are placed below their respective parameter, not sure what a better solution would be?

User avatar
ekss
RE Developer
Posts: 449
Joined: 09 Nov 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 21 Jul 2022

I don’t speak French but I saw the retro fx bundle here, might be of interest for you French speaking forum memebers;


User avatar
geronimo
Posts: 541
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: France

Post 21 Jul 2022

Ah, cruel dilemma ! :oops:

I first bought the Reverb AK11 in isolation, thinking I didn't need the rest of the bundle.
Then, I tested the other two REs (Delay Line 16 and Vocoder 64).
Isn't there a way to get the bundle at a special price, considering I bought the REverb AK11 before.

User avatar
eusti
Moderator
Posts: 2769
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 21 Jul 2022

geronimo wrote:
21 Jul 2022
Ah, cruel dilemma ! :oops:

I first bought the Reverb AK11 in isolation, thinking I didn't need the rest of the bundle.
Then, I tested the other two REs (Delay Line 16 and Vocoder 64).
Isn't there a way to get the bundle at a special price, considering I bought the REverb AK11 before.
Don’t we all wish for the long overdue “complete my bundle” feature in the shop? Unless ekks can do something just for you things aren’t looking great…

D.

Steedus
Posts: 788
Joined: 31 Aug 2015
Location: Melbourne, AU

Post 21 Jul 2022

ekss wrote:
21 Jul 2022
Steedus wrote:
21 Jul 2022
Hey Erik, my 2 cents: gotta be honest with you, in terms of UI design I don’t like the fact the Pre FX section ‘appears’ to have 2 mix knobs. I know these are for the pitch and lofi setting but having them both next to each other in the same sectioned off box,.. don’t know, it looks weird to me.
Like you say, it’s for pitch and lofi, both are placed below their respective parameter, not sure what a better solution would be?
Forget my comment .. for some reason it just looked weird to me on first glance, but after using them I don't even think about it.

BTW the delay + feedback on the front of the reverb is fantastic. That one's a definite purchase .. just need to try the other 2 this weekend to see if the bundle is a go too :clap:

User avatar
geronimo
Posts: 541
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: France

Post 22 Jul 2022

eusti wrote:
21 Jul 2022


Don’t we all wish for the long overdue “complete my bundle” feature in the shop? Unless ekks can do something just for you things aren’t looking great…
But it's true that I recognize that my request concerns products, on sale _

User avatar
geronimo
Posts: 541
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: France

Post 23 Jul 2022

eusti wrote:
21 Jul 2022
Unless ekks can do something just for you things aren’t looking great…
I won't embarrass him with this _

Steedus
Posts: 788
Joined: 31 Aug 2015
Location: Melbourne, AU

Post 23 Jul 2022

Here's a track made this weekend using the delay and reverb! Love getting inspired by new devices :D


User avatar
ekss
RE Developer
Posts: 449
Joined: 09 Nov 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 23 Jul 2022

Steedus wrote:
23 Jul 2022
Here's a track made this weekend using the delay and reverb! Love getting inspired by new devices :D

Sweet! I love hearing what people do with the REs!

Steedus
Posts: 788
Joined: 31 Aug 2015
Location: Melbourne, AU

Post 24 Jul 2022

ekss wrote:
23 Jul 2022
Steedus wrote:
23 Jul 2022
Here's a track made this weekend using the delay and reverb! Love getting inspired by new devices :D

Sweet! I love hearing what people do with the REs!
Thanks. Took some inspiration from your dubby streams i guess. I will admit there is an Audiothing Springs in there too (the HR-12 model is just super “drippy”)

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], w1pl0c and 3 guests