Reason Studios Chord Sequencer in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 3902
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Fanboy Shill

Post 12 Jul 2022

madmacman wrote:
11 Jul 2022
challism wrote:
11 Jul 2022
Yes, MIDI CV Conv is absolutely essential for anyone regularly using players. CVPT is OK for anyone not willing to spend $10, but they really arent even in the same ball park. No offense to Panda, but MIDI CV Conv is so much better.

One MIDI CV Conv = 8 CVPTs.
I may be wrong, but could the the Blamsoft Polymodular CV Breakout Box simplify the connectivity with CVPT?

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... akout-box/

And MIDI CV seems to cost a whopping $32. :shock:
Wow, I think MIDI CV used to be $19. It used to regularly go on sale for $9. Looks like the price went up, just like everything else on Earth. :(

{EDIT: My mistake, it doesn't seem to work}
Yeah, Blamsoft Breakout would work for up to 8 simultaneous notes. I never thought of using it before since I own MIDI CV (which makes it so much simpler). This is what I would do with Blamsoft Breakout, and it will give you up to 12 slave instruments.
{EDIT: My mistake, it doesn't seem to work}
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.
Image
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 8102
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 12 Jul 2022

challism wrote:
12 Jul 2022
madmacman wrote:
11 Jul 2022


I may be wrong, but could the the Blamsoft Polymodular CV Breakout Box simplify the connectivity with CVPT?

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... akout-box/

And MIDI CV seems to cost a whopping $32. :shock:
Wow, I think MIDI CV used to be $19. It used to regularly go on sale for $9. Looks like the price went up, just like everything else on Earth. :(
Yeah, Blamsoft Breakout would work for up to 8 simultaneous notes. I never thought of using it before since I own MIDI CV (which makes it so much simpler). This is what I would do with Blamsoft Breakout, and it will give you up to 12 slave instruments.
Download the Combi2 patch: CVPT Master Slave-CM.zip
breakout.JPG
Nah. It’s always been €29
丰2ॐ

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 3902
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Fanboy Shill

Post 12 Jul 2022

oh wow. Well thats a huge discount when it goes on sale for 9.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.
Image
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
Stygian Abyss
Posts: 97
Joined: 17 Jun 2019

Post 12 Jul 2022

challism wrote:
12 Jul 2022
This is what I would do with Blamsoft Breakout, and it will give you up to 12 slave instruments.
Challism, you seem to be sending PolyCV to CVPT in this patch. Are you sure it can receive the Blamsoft protocol ?

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 3902
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Fanboy Shill

Post 12 Jul 2022

Stygian Abyss wrote:
12 Jul 2022
challism wrote:
12 Jul 2022
This is what I would do with Blamsoft Breakout, and it will give you up to 12 slave instruments.
Challism, you seem to be sending PolyCV to CVPT in this patch. Are you sure it can receive the Blamsoft protocol ?
Would ya look at that!
look at it.JPG
Doesn't seem to be working, does it? So weird, I'm sure I had testing this when I built it earlier today. At least I think I had tested it, ha ha. I'm not really sure of anything these days.

So, I guess the answer is NO! Blamsoft Breakout isn't a solution to make CVPT easier to use.

CVPT involves so much wiring, which is why I never use it - unless I'm making a patch for people who don't have MIDI CV Conv. MIDI CV Conv is really the way to go. Get it when it goes on sale for $9 next time (or buy it now for full price, if you can't wait). It's really one of the most necessary devices in the shop - I consider it a utility not a player. And I use it all over every one of my projects when there are players involved.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.
Image
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
crimsonwarlock
Posts: 669
Joined: 06 Nov 2021
Location: Close to the Edge

Post 12 Jul 2022

Charlotte Envelope Generator can split PolyCV into eigth separate CV signals, additionally giving each output its own envelope. It does a lot more too.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... generator/

Mattvank
Posts: 146
Joined: 30 Mar 2017

Post 13 Jul 2022

joeyluck wrote:
08 Jul 2022
Mattvank wrote:
08 Jul 2022
What i really miss is that i can´t copy and paste chords on the panel pads. It´ s not very funny to switch and click on that tiny screen keys.
You can, just use option/alt-click and drag to the pad you want to copy to
THX :-)

Tiny Montgomery
Posts: 324
Joined: 22 Apr 2020

Post 13 Jul 2022

Creativemind wrote:
11 Jul 2022
Tiny Montgomery wrote:
07 Jul 2022
Would recommend people watch the live stream particularly the part where they cable out from the root note output into a Bassline Generator with scales and chords on top set to the same scale as chord seq. Already started a few songs this way, it's very inspiring. As is often the case when using players to trigger ideas you need to get that midi out and into the main sequencer once you have something cooking. Even a simple move like moving the chords to an offbeat rather than plonking down on the one is going to be easier in the sequencer, and further humanisation, inversions etc can be done there. When you're using a DAW like Ableton and can add probability to notes happening and their velocities as well you can get something very live sounding, I've had more fun making music this week than I've had all year, and that's with a dose of COVID too!
I watched most of that stream. Where abouts is that routing out with Scales & Chords thing, is it towards the end (I didn't watch the end so I presume so)?
Yeah they start discussing it around 1:25

Yonatan
Posts: 1453
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 13 Jul 2022

Last day intro price. Bite or wait?

madmacman
Posts: 723
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 13 Jul 2022

Yonatan wrote:
13 Jul 2022
Last day intro price. Bite or wait?
No suggestion, but: I did bite yesterday night. Maybe I'll regret it before the end of the week. :lol:

madmacman
Posts: 723
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 13 Jul 2022

challism wrote:
12 Jul 2022

So, I guess the answer is NO! Blamsoft Breakout isn't a solution to make CVPT easier to use.
Sorry for the delayed reply. Would like to thank you for your efforts in investigating the options. :thumbup:

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 3902
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Fanboy Shill

Post 14 Jul 2022

madmacman wrote:
13 Jul 2022
challism wrote:
12 Jul 2022

So, I guess the answer is NO! Blamsoft Breakout isn't a solution to make CVPT easier to use.
Sorry for the delayed reply. Would like to thank you for your efforts in investigating the options. :thumbup:
No worries. I am the KING of delayed replies (despite the promptness of this reply).
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.
Image
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 4763
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 14 Jul 2022

Tiny Montgomery wrote:
13 Jul 2022
Creativemind wrote:
11 Jul 2022


I watched most of that stream. Where abouts is that routing out with Scales & Chords thing, is it towards the end (I didn't watch the end so I presume so)?
Yeah they start discussing it around 1:25
👍
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.64 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
miyaru
Posts: 355
Joined: 28 Oct 2019
Location: Zaanstad, The Netherlands

Post 17 Jul 2022

And: damn I missed the sale on this one, and I find €74,= steep for this one.......
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason Suite 11, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

User avatar
moalla
Posts: 245
Joined: 20 Oct 2017

Post 17 Jul 2022

Today i gave Chord Sequencer with the fabolous keystep copy SWING a try and this really fine rack extension compared with the free tempo switchable appregator of the SWING controller was a great joy, where i could discover new tone colors.

https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
R12, R3900x, firefaceUC, T440p, Babyface, Nocturn49, LaunchpadMK2, TMP1
Mackie Pro10fx, Mindprint DI-Port, Se2a, Nt2a, SP C1, GAP D2 MK2, Dt880pro, Eve SC205
SR305Bass, Western, Strat, Miniak+RhythmWolf, Ipad+SparkLE

kurtg
Posts: 21
Joined: 10 Apr 2018

Post 20 Jul 2022

miyaru wrote:
17 Jul 2022
And: damn I missed the sale on this one, and I find €74,= steep for this one.......
+1. i hope for another sale or bundle sale with bassline generator.

User avatar
miyaru
Posts: 355
Joined: 28 Oct 2019
Location: Zaanstad, The Netherlands

Post 20 Jul 2022

kurtg wrote:
20 Jul 2022
miyaru wrote:
17 Jul 2022
And: damn I missed the sale on this one, and I find €74,= steep for this one.......
+1. i hope for another sale or bundle sale with bassline generator.
Yes that would be nice....... :thumbup:
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason Suite 11, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

MuttReason
Posts: 132
Joined: 28 Jan 2021

Post 20 Jul 2022

New RS demo vid out on their YT channel and the best so far IME… good example of the Chord Sequencer fitting into a successful producer’s workflow.


User avatar
manisnotabird
Posts: 464
Joined: 20 Feb 2015
Location: Austin, TX

Post 20 Jul 2022

Not surprised, but disappointed that new chord sets are going to be released as Reason+ packs and not updates to the device itself. Tips me over into not buying it.

User avatar
stratatonic
Posts: 1472
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: CANADA

Post 21 Jul 2022

MuttReason wrote:
20 Jul 2022
New RS demo vid out on their YT channel and the best so far IME… good example of the Chord Sequencer fitting into a successful producer’s workflow.

Oh look! He created an 8 bar loop. Or was it 16? It was just a loop. I would hope that folks could go beyond a loop and create an entire song with this Player.
Maybe this Player is just for creating more loops? :?

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 3071
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 21 Jul 2022

manisnotabird wrote:
20 Jul 2022
Not surprised, but disappointed that new chord sets are going to be released as Reason+ packs and not updates to the device itself. Tips me over into not buying it.
hmmm... got it with reward points and spent 6 extra points... this is not impressing news...
They should be updates to the device... not packs
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals -

madmacman
Posts: 723
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 21 Jul 2022

stratatonic wrote:
21 Jul 2022
Oh look! He created an 8 bar loop. Or was it 16? It was just a loop. I would hope that folks could go beyond a loop and create an entire song with this Player.
Maybe this Player is just for creating more loops? :?
I tend to disagree. What‘s the point creating an entire song with this player? IMHO it‘s a tool for supporting the composing process. If I have the A part, the bridge, but need some nudges for a proper and interesting B part, then I reach out for this player. 8 bars, 16 bars? I‘m totally fine with it. :)

User avatar
selig
RE Developer
Posts: 10232
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: The NorthWoods, CT, USA

Post 21 Jul 2022

manisnotabird wrote:
20 Jul 2022
Not surprised, but disappointed that new chord sets are going to be released as Reason+ packs and not updates to the device itself. Tips me over into not buying it.
Are you sure all the Packs have 'new chords'? The packs I looked at didn't have any new chord sets, just a bunch of devices playing appropriate sounds using existing chord sets. But maybe some of the Packs I didn't check out have new chords (but not the lost chord, sadly still lost)?
Selig Audio, LLC

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9836
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 21 Jul 2022

Yeah all of the packs are combi patches. I'd like to see packs with device patches of custom chord sets. I want less combis. For players in particular, I just want device patches. It would be better for workflow rather than having to dig around a "run" combi patch to try to make use of it.

And I don't think that every chord set by every pack designer should be added to the device's factory presets. The quality and diversity coming from the sound packs isn't the greatest. I'm sure they'll add chord sets over time, but no rush adding filler please.

User avatar
huggermugger
Posts: 631
Joined: 16 Jul 2021

Post 21 Jul 2022

There's no apparent option to actually load more chord sets, they must be hard-wired into the Player. But you can add chordsets by saving them into Patterns in a patch. I'm in the process of transferring chord progressions from reTouch ChordSQ into an empty Chord Set and then saving the patch. I can store 8 chord sets per patch.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], crimsonwarlock and 2 guests