I bought Friktion today after trial run and is amazing

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
calebbrennan

Post 13 Jun 2022

I already had a pop song using orchestral arrangement using stock reason sounds. I added Friktion replacing the other strings and it is magical. Sometimes layering both or eliminating the source samples.

It is way more realistic sounding than sample based emulations

Stay well

I

calebbrennan

Post 13 Jun 2022

I 've been unable to find an instruction manual or definitive instructional videos exploring all the parameters.
Any clues where I can find that would be helpful

Jac459

Post 13 Jun 2022

Friktion is the best synth ever.

selig
RE Developer

Post 13 Jun 2022

calebbrennan wrote:
13 Jun 2022
I 've been unable to find an instruction manual or definitive instructional videos exploring all the parameters.
Friction is a bit of an odd duck in some aspects - I’m happy to answer specific questions if I can (I worked on the original sound bank and had to figure a bit of it out on my own and with other sound designers).
Selig Audio, LLC

Jac459

Post 14 Jun 2022

selig wrote:
13 Jun 2022
Friction is a bit of an odd duck in some aspects - I’m happy to answer specific questions if I can (I worked on the original sound bank and had to figure a bit of it out on my own and with other sound designers).
Congrats Selig, the result is really awesome...

Pepin

Post 14 Jun 2022

calebbrennan wrote:
13 Jun 2022
You can get to the manual under the Documents & Specs section of the shop page:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... /friktion/
Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 5.26.06 AM.png
Same goes for most RS devices.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kuranes2021

Post 14 Jun 2022

selig wrote:
13 Jun 2022
calebbrennan wrote:
13 Jun 2022
Kudos, the soundbank is really phantastic! There are many great synths in Reason, but "Friktion" is one of my most favorite ones.

strangers

Post 14 Jun 2022

I finally grabbed Friktion using my reward points. You can dial in some really wild sounds with this thing. It delivers the type of weird I've been looking for. I'm really going to lose track of time now.

calebbrennan

Post 15 Jun 2022

Thanks everybody chiming in.
I still don't understand the relationship of Key Mode mode to the control in the silent octave of midi control keys

But I've been thoroughly enjoying playing it, one of Reason Studios triumphs bigtime in 2022

calebbrennan

Post 16 Jun 2022

Thank Pepin I downloaded the manual and read it.

Selig , I can't activate the mod wheel to record my moves with most common method of right click and "EDIT Automation.
It highlights the mod wheel icon in green as usual but will not record. So I troubleshot and tried another parameter and was able to record tweeks to Harmonic section easily.

I thought maybe it was controlling it from Mod wheel on my Nektar controller so I tried manually creating mod wheel track and penciling it in but it won't record any moves. I can perform it but it won't record it

calebbrennan

Post 16 Jun 2022

I figured it out
the mod wheel was neutral in the patch
needs to be activated for task

• Information