Synapse Obsession Active Voices Bug

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Tweak

31 May 2022

Hi Folks,

I wonder if anyone out there with Synapse's excellent Obsession Rack Extension can confirm if what I've found is a bug, it is certainly looking that way to me. I've tried to register with Synapse to report this on their forum, but am not receiving any email back from my initial registration, which prevents me doing this. I have the latest hi res version of Obsession 1.2.0, and am running Reason 12 on an intel Mac OS 10.14.6.

I discovered the problem trying to turn a single voice patch into a multi-voice patch by adding an additional active voice to the active/mute section. Full details of the bug are as follows:

Problem: Obsession RE doesn't remember active/mute voice settings following save.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open Reason and create an instance of Obsession
2. Add some dyads (2 note chords) to the sequencer for Obsession to play
3. Load the patch "Gold French KS" from the supplied patches, press play and see that only one of the notes from your chords plays
4. Active a second voice by clicking on the cross on the second button in the active/mute section. Note that the chords you added now play in full
5. Save the song, and close it
6. Reopen the song and hit play. Notice that only a single note plays from your chords, even though both voices 1 and 2 are active.
7. Deactivate and reactivate the second voice, notice doing this resets Obsession, and it will now play back both notes of your chords.

What do you think folks, this is a bug no? Anyone got a working registered account with Synapse that can let them know?

Cheers,
Marc

Tweak

06 Jun 2022

Perhaps nobody else has come across this or is affected, but in case anyone is, I managed to get through to Synapse support, and there is a workaround. In order to fix the issue for a particular song file so saving works to remember your voice mute/active settings, you need to switch the patch you have from 8 voice to 16 voice (and back again if you require) in the menu system at the top left of Obsession. It is unclear whether a proper fix will be possible for the issue apparently.

tanni

06 Jun 2022

Tweak wrote:
31 May 2022
Hi Folks,

I wonder if anyone out there with Synapse's excellent Obsession Rack Extension can confirm if what I've found is a bug, it is certainly looking that way to me. I've tried to register with Synapse to report this on their forum, but am not receiving any email back from my initial registration, which prevents me doing this. I have the latest hi res version of Obsession 1.2.0, and am running Reason 12 on an intel Mac OS 10.14.6.

I discovered the problem trying to turn a single voice patch into a multi-voice patch by adding an additional active voice to the active/mute section. Full details of the bug are as follows:

Problem: Obsession RE doesn't remember active/mute voice settings following save.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open Reason and create an instance of Obsession
2. Add some dyads (2 note chords) to the sequencer for Obsession to play
3. Load the patch "Gold French KS" from the supplied patches, press play and see that only one of the notes from your chords plays
4. Active a second voice by clicking on the cross on the second button in the active/mute section. Note that the chords you added now play in full
5. Save the song, and close it
6. Reopen the song and hit play. Notice that only a single note plays from your chords, even though both voices 1 and 2 are active.
7. Deactivate and reactivate the second voice, notice doing this resets Obsession, and it will now play back both notes of your chords.

What do you think folks, this is a bug no? Anyone got a working registered account with Synapse that can let them know?

Cheers,
Marc

confirm the bug here.
Im on Win 7, Reason 11.2 suite, with Obsession 1.2.0

tanni

06 Jun 2022

Tweak wrote:
06 Jun 2022
Perhaps nobody else has come across this or is affected, but in case anyone is, I managed to get through to Synapse support, and there is a workaround. In order to fix the issue for a particular song file so saving works to remember your voice mute/active settings, you need to switch the patch you have from 8 voice to 16 voice (and back again if you require) in the menu system at the top left of Obsession. It is unclear whether a proper fix will be possible for the issue apparently.
if you switch once from 8 voice to 16 voice and back to 8 voice, and than save the song the bug is gone...if you open next time the song voices are correct as selected.

freshkidblaze

06 Jun 2022

Email them, I reported another bug a month ago. I'm using the vst until they patch things up.

Tweak

07 Jun 2022

I have emailed them, they told me it might be impossible to fix - Rack Extension SDK seemingly preventing a proper fix from being made :(

tanni

08 Jun 2022

Tweak wrote:
07 Jun 2022
I have emailed them, they told me it might be impossible to fix - Rack Extension SDK seemingly preventing a proper fix from being made :(
maybe its a workaround to switch always to the 16 voice mode and dont use the 8 voice mode ?

• Information