Beyond Underrated: Republik Handheld Percussion

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
LongFist

21 May 2022

On a heavy discount due to MM, I grabbed Republik Handheld Percussion because I remember that it boasts a good Kazoo, Samba Whistle, Pineapple, and Mug O' Tea. They totally failed to mention all of the other hundred-plus percussion sounds, noises and fun, and totally blew me away with the fact that they have super-sampled power shop tools! Sander? Drill? Staple Gun? They're in there! They've even played a Keyboard Stand percussively, and it's in there!

I think that it's going for $19 USD, and at that price it's not just a bargain - it's a steal! I also found Sleigh Bells in there, which we all know is the hallmark of just about all Christmas music! (I mention that because last season I had to hunt a patch down for Sleigh Bells, and if I had only known... ...thankfully the PX7 delivered in that situation...)

I know, nobody asked. But I thought I'd come in here and LOUDLY proclaim its utility and flexibility, and (of course) to offer up a note of Thanks to Jiggery Pokery, who made it all possible. Shucks, I wish I had known more about this RE before last Christmas --- it would have made life a lot-lot-lot more simpler!!! And to think that I had been ignoring it because I had no idea what lay behind the label!

I would tell you that it has everything but the Kitchen Sink in there, but I haven't been through the exhaustive list of Instruments included. (There are pots and pans, glasses, bottles, and more in there, so I can't see why they didn't also include a Kitchen Sink!) If you can play it rhythmically, it's probably in there. The price is right --- the timing is perfect! Go and get yours today!!!

</1980's TV Ad>
:rebirth: 2.0.1 :recycle: 2.2 :reload: 1.0 :record: 1.0 :reason: 11 Suite :reason:+ ________ :arrow: Love the entire product line!

challism

21 May 2022

LongFist wrote:
21 May 2022
On a heavy discount due to MM, I grabbed Republik Handheld Percussion because I remember that it boasts a good Kazoo, Samba Whistle, Pineapple, and Mug O' Tea. They totally failed to mention all of the other hundred-plus percussion sounds, noises and fun, and totally blew me away with the fact that they have super-sampled power shop tools! Sander? Drill? Staple Gun? They're in there! They've even played a Keyboard Stand percussively, and it's in there!
It's a perfect percussion instrument. So many sounds, so much control over the sound. I often times run it with QNG.
It's not underrated in my book. I love this thing and find myself using it frequently. It never disappoints.

LongFist wrote:
21 May 2022
I would tell you that it has everything but the Kitchen Sink in there, but I haven't been through the exhaustive list of Instruments included. (There are pots and pans, glasses, bottles, and more in there, so I can't see why they didn't also include a Kitchen Sink!)

It's got just about every utensil from the kitchen, but not the sink.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Steedus
Competition Winner

21 May 2022

Yeah it’s great. But I actually kinda didn’t take it seriously until I tried it. Something about the look and the marketing and the fact it has those oddball things like the coffee mug, drills, matchbox etc I thought it was more of a novelty.

And indeed I only really use it for the more traditional instruments - though I have used the matchbox and plastic bottle in a track to great effect. Definitely worth picking up.

challism

21 May 2022

Steedus wrote:
21 May 2022
Yeah it’s great. But I actually kinda didn’t take it seriously until I tried it. Something about the look and the marketing and the fact it has those oddball things like the coffee mug, drills, matchbox etc I thought it was more of a novelty.

And indeed I only really use it for the more traditional instruments - though I have used the matchbox and plastic bottle in a track to great effect. Definitely worth picking up.
I felt the same way until I tried it. Took me about 2 minutes to know I was going to buy it. But yeah, it does have a novelty/gimmicky look/feel to it. Probably to it's detriment. That's why we have the ability to fold REs. I mean all the REs EXCEPT FOR PLAYERS! When are we getting foldable players, @Reason Studios?!!!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

huggermugger

21 May 2022

That's why we have the ability to fold REs. I mean all the REs EXCEPT FOR PLAYERS! When are we getting foldable players, @Reason Studios?!!!
Yes PLEASE! I can't deal with the stacks of Players that I often end up with.

• Information