Fritz

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
homemadenoise

08 May 2022

Anyone have experience with Fritz? Can it get musical results? Any tips?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 May 2022

homemadenoise wrote:
08 May 2022
Input my guitar through it. Generellt have wet/dry around 10 o Clock.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Catblack

08 May 2022

I haven't messed with it in years, but remember loving it. I'd suggest tweaking a single thing at a time, or hitting random until you get something good then changing a single thing at a time and figure out what's doing what.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 May 2022

Catblack wrote:
08 May 2022
I haven't messed with it in years, but remember loving it. I'd suggest tweaking a single thing at a time, or hitting random until you get something good then changing a single thing at a time and figure out what's doing what.
That’s good advice.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

dvdrtldg

08 May 2022

Not sure exactly what you mean by "musical" results, but keeping everything tempo synced and just going for small subtle effect should keep things from getting too crazy

Fritz is a weird device and imo best suited to alien soundscape type action. If it's more conventional sounds you're after, then use it with a light touch, maybe as a sort of textural reverb or delay

Also, RTM

Loque

08 May 2022

I really like it as a delay or reverb with some shimmer. That is often overlooked on Fritz
Reason12, Win10

homemadenoise

08 May 2022

dvdrtldg wrote:
08 May 2022
Not sure exactly what you mean by "musical" results,
Just that a lot of effects like granular, glitch and other more unusual stuff can really mangle sound and do amazing things but not necessarily things that fit in to a song or fit with more traditional sounds. SUre its dependant on what you create.

homemadenoise

08 May 2022

Catblack wrote:
08 May 2022
I think that how I am going to approach it. Thanks.

wendylou

09 May 2022

MrFigg wrote:
08 May 2022
homemadenoise wrote:
08 May 2022
Ditto. I made a cool song with my guitar running through Fritz for effect in the middle of the song, using "Organic Stream" and variable blend automation to slowly fade out the effect. Never got any guitar pedal to sound like that! :geek:
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

Loque

10 May 2022

homemadenoise wrote:
08 May 2022
dvdrtldg wrote:
08 May 2022
Not sure exactly what you mean by "musical" results,
Just that a lot of effects like granular, glitch and other more unusual stuff can really mangle sound and do amazing things but not necessarily things that fit in to a song or fit with more traditional sounds. SUre its dependant on what you create.
All that depends on what you want to achieve or are looking for. Fritz can give a simple delay, smooth reverb, a shimmer reverb, FM and AM sounds, pitch shifting, stereo effects, granular effects, lots of modulation and all that combined. It can give a pad or lush guitar an extra texture, a vocal some shine or make psychedelic weird stuff. It is up to you.

And btw, even a simple chorus or delay can be used in quite more ways as a lot of ppl think of.
Reason12, Win10

dan_g

10 May 2022

I'm using Fritz mostly for mangling bass stabs and growls for my heavy dubstep productions. so the resulting sounds can be used as fillers and effects together with the other bass sounds. The Random button is really helpfull because you get very intressting results very fast.

i mostly do this mangling as a "Mudpie", so recording the process to a new audiotrack during the experimentation. that way i don't loose antything that maybe sounds good or is usable. also i sometimes bounce the results to a folder for later use in another project.
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

gkillmaster

10 May 2022

wendylou wrote:
09 May 2022
MrFigg wrote:
08 May 2022

Ditto. I made a cool song with my guitar running through Fritz for effect in the middle of the song, using "Organic Stream" and variable blend automation to slowly fade out the effect. Never got any guitar pedal to sound like that! :geek:
I'm trying to recreate this with my guitar but I don't see "Organic Stream". Is it a patch? Do you blend the effect in with Wet/Dry control. Not sure what variable blend automation is. Thanks!

wendylou

10 May 2022

gkillmaster wrote:
10 May 2022
wendylou wrote:
09 May 2022

I'm trying to recreate this with my guitar but I don't see "Organic Stream". Is it a patch? Do you blend the effect in with Wet/Dry control. Not sure what variable blend automation is. Thanks!
That patch is in the free Navi Retlav Studio - Fritz collection. And I just used automation for the "Enable/Bypass" and "Dry/Wet" knob to change between full-on crazy FX (no longer a guitar!) to a changing mixture of FX and guitar before fading out completely. It really kicks; never heard any guitar effect like it. :puf_smile:

Automation lanes.jpg
Automation lanes.jpg (155.31 KiB) Viewed 1203 times
Organic Stream.jpg
Organic Stream.jpg (92.76 KiB) Viewed 1203 times
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

gkillmaster

11 May 2022

wendylou wrote:
10 May 2022
gkillmaster wrote:
10 May 2022

That patch is in the free Navi Retlav Studio - Fritz collection. And I just used automation for the "Enable/Bypass" and "Dry/Wet" knob to change between full-on crazy FX (no longer a guitar!) to a changing mixture of FX and guitar before fading out completely. It really kicks; never heard any guitar effect like it. :puf_smile:

Automation lanes.jpg

Organic Stream.jpg
Thank you! Really appreciate this. So far, love Fritz as an guitar effects unit too!
That collection is not free anymore it seems but probably worth getting!

• Information