BLG and PM recent updates (April 27, 2022)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

challism

27 Apr 2022

I wonder what they improved.
Looks like BLG has gone from 1.0.1 to 1.0.3. Kind of weird to jump a number like that.
update.JPG
update.JPG (36.08 KiB) Viewed 1728 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

buddard
RE Developer

27 Apr 2022

The fix lists are right there in the product descriptions! :-)

Bassline Generator 1.0.3:
  • Fixed a bug when automating Pattern Select in Reason Rack Plugin, the playback could get out of sync with the host song position.
  • Fixed a bug where random CV Out wouldn’t repeat properly if there were more than one BLG instance in the rack.
Pattern Mutator 1.0.3:
  • Fixed a bug where deleting step 0 in step recording mode would cause a crash when switching to realtime recording mode.
  • Fixed a bug where unwanted legatos could occur when looping playback under very specific circumstances.
  • Fixed a bug where the playback could get out of sync with the host song position when automating Pattern Select in Reason Rack Plugin.
The reason we jumped BLG from 1.0.1 to 1.0.3 is that the CV Out bug was discovered just as they were ready to release 1.0.2, so we had to go to the next version number.

joeyluck

27 Apr 2022

Yeah it would be great if the release notes were included in Companion, since many people discover that updates are available via Companion and update from there.

Or at the very least, a "view release notes" or "view in shop" link, because there currently is no link to the product pages from the Devices list in Companion.

challism

27 Apr 2022

buddard wrote:
27 Apr 2022
The fix lists are right there in the product descriptions! :-)

Bassline Generator 1.0.3:
  • Fixed a bug when automating Pattern Select in Reason Rack Plugin, the playback could get out of sync with the host song position.
  • Fixed a bug where random CV Out wouldn’t repeat properly if there were more than one BLG instance in the rack.
Pattern Mutator 1.0.3:
  • Fixed a bug where deleting step 0 in step recording mode would cause a crash when switching to realtime recording mode.
  • Fixed a bug where unwanted legatos could occur when looping playback under very specific circumstances.
  • Fixed a bug where the playback could get out of sync with the host song position when automating Pattern Select in Reason Rack Plugin.
The reason we jumped BLG from 1.0.1 to 1.0.3 is that the CV Out bug was discovered just as they were ready to release 1.0.2, so we had to go to the next version number.
Well that would involve me clicking on the Product Description to expand it. ha ha ha Way too much work!
I actually got confused and clicked on the Documents & Specs tab instead.

Billy+

27 Apr 2022

Does this fix the second PM bug I reported?

I can't be bothered to test again.......

Are we going to see a fix for Euclid on/off at any point?

hamsterfactor

28 Apr 2022

+1
joeyluck wrote:
27 Apr 2022
Yeah it would be great if the release notes were included in Companion, since many people discover that updates are available via Companion and update from there.

Or at the very least, a "view release notes" or "view in shop" link, because there currently is no link to the product pages from the Devices list in Companion.
:reason: Suite 11  |  :reason: 12 perpetual license  |  :re::refill: |  macOS Ventura  |  Mac Studio M1 Max

buddard
RE Developer

28 Apr 2022

Billy+ wrote:
27 Apr 2022
Yes, it's this one:

Fixed a bug where unwanted legatos could occur when looping playback under very specific circumstances.
Sorry, could you please remind me what the problem was with Euclid on/off? I can't find anything about it in my notes. :oops:

Billy+

28 Apr 2022

buddard wrote:
28 Apr 2022
Billy+ wrote:
27 Apr 2022
Yes, it's this one:

Fixed a bug where unwanted legatos could occur when looping playback under very specific circumstances.
Sorry, could you please remind me what the problem was with Euclid on/off? I can't find anything about it in my notes. :oops:
That's good news and I actually meant the bypass button :lol:

When in a player stack with main sequencer playing clicking bypass (on/off) causes Euclid to stop processing until the main sequencer is stopped and started. I'm sure that I made a thread....

buddard
RE Developer

28 Apr 2022

Billy+ wrote:
28 Apr 2022
buddard wrote:
28 Apr 2022

Yes, it's this one:

When in a player stack with main sequencer playing clicking bypass (on/off) causes Euclid to stop processing until the main sequencer is stopped and started. I'm sure that I made a thread....
Ah, yeah, that sounds familiar! I'll add a report for that and look into it later on.

StephenHutchinson

28 Apr 2022

So... I don't have Reason+ or the Companion app anymore, so how would I get notified of these updates other than finding out about them in this forum? Thanks in advance.
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
Sound Design & Music Content Creation
Sound Dimension :: https://www.sounddimension.io

orthodox
RE Developer

28 Apr 2022

StephenHutchinson wrote:
28 Apr 2022
So... I don't have Reason+ or the Companion app anymore, so how would I get notified of these updates other than finding out about them in this forum? Thanks in advance.
You can visit https://www.reasonstudios.com/user/rackextensions once in a while.

StephenHutchinson

28 Apr 2022

orthodox wrote:
28 Apr 2022
StephenHutchinson wrote:
28 Apr 2022
You can visit https://www.reasonstudios.com/user/rackextensions once in a while.
Ah I see... thanks. :puf_smile: I'm supposing the latest updates would be at the top? I was able to find the BLG and PM pages to download so I'll check out the RE product pages from time to time.
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
Sound Design & Music Content Creation
Sound Dimension :: https://www.sounddimension.io

challism

28 Apr 2022

StephenHutchinson wrote:
28 Apr 2022
orthodox wrote:
28 Apr 2022

Ah I see... thanks. :puf_smile: I'm supposing the latest updates would be at the top? I was able to find the BLG and PM pages to download so I'll check out the RE product pages from time to time.
It would be a good idea for them to make updates float to the top of your account's RE page (the same way they do in Companion). I doubt they will ever make any changes/upgrades to the old system, though.
buddard wrote:
28 Apr 2022
Billy+ wrote:
28 Apr 2022

Ah, yeah, that sounds familiar! I'll add a report for that and look into it later on.
Thank you for your continued involvement in the community and attention to your products. Developers like you are highly respected and appreciated.

Arpeg
Competition Winner

02 Dec 2022

Is this a new upcoming update for BG https://www.youtube.com/shorts/N5LQhnizor8

crimsonwarlock

02 Dec 2022

Arpeg wrote:
02 Dec 2022
It looks that way. Maybe this update will finally persuade me to get the darn thing :puf_bigsmile:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

BRIGGS

02 Dec 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
02 Dec 2022
Arpeg wrote:
02 Dec 2022
It looks that way. Maybe this update will finally persuade me to get the darn thing :puf_bigsmile:
It's awesome for 'writer's block'. :puf_smile:

If you get tired of writing lines, you can modify a BLG line instead.
r11s

MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 Dec 2022

BRIGGS wrote:
02 Dec 2022
crimsonwarlock wrote:
02 Dec 2022

If you get tired of writing lines, you can modify a BLG line instead.
Actually, it is. I was surprised. Very good.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

crimsonwarlock

02 Dec 2022

BRIGGS wrote:
02 Dec 2022
MrFigg wrote:
02 Dec 2022
Actually, it is. I was surprised. Very good.
I trialed it when it came out. I didn't get the idea it would help me that much, mainly because of genre mismatch with what I do. Besides, to deal with writer's block, I like to throw (less obvious) players and other tools together to 'generate' new ideas.

But I'm really curious about what the update will bring.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Arpeg
Competition Winner

06 Dec 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
02 Dec 2022
Arpeg wrote:
02 Dec 2022
Hey thx for the feedback. Simply wasn't sure as to whether the YT short was for the initial release.
I've used it a few times with medium to good success but the Steps don't go below 16 and also when twiddling the black dots inside the bigger coloured blue and green dots there is no visual value indication, if I wish to be specific.!?

I get more out of the Life and PolyStep Sequencers and for Euclidean-ish I generally use Quad Note Gen..

Oscar @ Underdog just released a new Vid on YT with the Bassline Gen in it so I thought here we go, let's have it but nah, nothing new there.

Just checked RS on Twitter and the BG ad has also appeared on there 4 hours ago, it's on :puf_smile:

crimsonwarlock

06 Dec 2022

Arpeg wrote:
06 Dec 2022
I get more out of the Life and PolyStep Sequencers and for Euclidean-ish I generally use Quad Note Gen..
Yep, I also like to combine all kinds of players and tools to see where that will take me. But I'm curious what's next for BLG.
-------

PhillipOrdonez

06 Dec 2022

Oooh can't wait for this update

dvdrtldg

06 Dec 2022

I wish they'd do something about the UI - specifically, the "baseball diamond" in the centre is waaaayyyy to small & fiddly for what's effectively the heart of the device. Tried BLG, liked it, but I found it really frustrating trying to slide from one source pattern to another without jumping across half a dozen of them (even while holding down the Shift key). It's the main reason I haven't bought it yet

joeyluck

06 Dec 2022

dvdrtldg wrote:
06 Dec 2022
I wish they'd do something about the UI - specifically, the "baseball diamond" in the centre is waaaayyyy to small & fiddly for what's effectively the heart of the device. Tried BLG, liked it, but I found it really frustrating trying to slide from one source pattern to another without jumping across half a dozen of them (even while holding down the Shift key). It's the main reason I haven't bought it yet
Did you try dragging along the green and blue sliders separately rather than inside the diamond?

BLG - pattern sliders.png
BLG - pattern sliders.png (302.38 KiB) Viewed 673 times

• Information