Must Have Rack Extensions for Trance Production?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
tomusurp

21 Apr 2022

I mostly make house, rap and techno but looking to get into trance as well. I know it’s similar to techno but I notice it has more rolling melodies and effects

First RE that comes to mind is Coriolis Force. Any others you would recommend?
"The hottest in the matrix"
My music:
https://www.youtube.com/@usurptom
https://www.usurptom.com

:reason: :re: :refill: :rt:

killhamster

21 Apr 2022

If you don't already have Synapse's Antidote I'd put it high up on your wish list. It's my go-to synth for trance leads and such. I also reach for Quadelectra's Jackbox 7R-909 a lot when doing up trance tracks. And if you don't have your own TB-303/TB-03/TD-3 then I'd check out the ABL3 RE.

tomusurp

21 Apr 2022

Cool I’ll trial those. I’m also a very heavy sfx guy in terms of DJ style effects, cool motion effects, buildups, etc. very interested in RE’s that help with those.
My music:

East Island

21 Apr 2022

A Controle Freak. Loves Logic&Reason&Luna ;) , remote controllers.
https://soundcloud.com/east-island

killhamster

21 Apr 2022

If you're looking for FX, a lot of the stock stuff is excellent. In my last trance track I mostly used The Echo, Sweeper, Quartet, and Alligator. There's a couple tracks with Turn2On's Blue Face flanger, and a few of Ekss's TE MK2s. I keep some RV7000s on FX sends for reverb on pads or leads. No need to go spending tons of money when what's in the box is great and you'll be dealing mostly with filter sweeps or the like that are already built into synths. You can build a lot of motion with only modulation FX like the ones above or connecting LFOs to things.

Loque

21 Apr 2022

You just need this :-D
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7517595
Reason12, Win10

Mattvank

22 Apr 2022

Thor is also great for this. There is a Veangance soundset in the factory libary from Manuel Schleiss if you like to make 2000er trance.
And don´t forget to use trance ga ga ga....ga ga ga.. gate :D

arnigretar

22 Apr 2022

Arpeggios and minor keys. That's a good spice for you :) Supersaw waveform (multiple detuned sawtooth oscillators) is golden in that soup as well. The link Loque pointed out is great -- which is the "Supersaw Community ReFill". Then there are also ReFills: "Legendary Trance ReFill" and "Roland JP8000". For RE's there is Antitode (which has been pointed out) and there is also the stock devices :) Europe and Thor will do great for trance. Good luck!
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

eXode

22 Apr 2022

Antidote is a great choice in my opinion. Great sound, great effects, easy to work with, and not too heavy on CPU.

tomusurp

22 Apr 2022

Appreciate it, I’ll be checking all this good stuff
My music:

Billy+

22 Apr 2022

eXode wrote:
22 Apr 2022
Antidote is a great choice in my opinion. Great sound, great effects, easy to work with, and not too heavy on CPU.
eXode what happened to all your refills - I can't find any on the store.

Did you by any chance do what TP did and release them all for free or have you moved to another place?

eXode

23 Apr 2022

Billy+ wrote:
22 Apr 2022
eXode wrote:
22 Apr 2022

Did you by any chance do what TP did and release them all for free or have you moved to another place?
They are hibernating indefinitely, so for the time being simply not available. Sorry.

PhutureD

23 Apr 2022

For me the best is Europa, as the are literally tens of thousands of wavetables available for free on the webs which you can manipulate to your heafrts content, as well as grain. Then there were some refills by snorting audio which were pretty decent, but I have noticed that they are not available any longer, which were designed for use in maelstrom and thor. You can also try Hydlide, he has made thousands of patches , freely available and a lot of them were trance sounds which can be found here https://www.reasonexperts.com/reason-refills/

challism

24 Apr 2022

Hmm, I didn't realize that you MUST HAVE REs in order to make Trance music. ;)
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

DaveyG

24 Apr 2022

challism wrote:
24 Apr 2022
Also, you must have TANCs. Not a lot of people know that.

BRIGGS

24 Apr 2022

challism wrote:
24 Apr 2022
You must has all the REs to make good trance, didn't you know? :puf_smile:

r11s

challism

25 Apr 2022

DaveyG wrote:
24 Apr 2022
challism wrote:
24 Apr 2022
Also, you must have TANCs. Not a lot of people know that.
Transmission Agency of Northern California... got it!
https://www.tanc.us/
BRIGGS wrote:
24 Apr 2022
challism wrote:
24 Apr 2022
You must has all the REs to make good trance, didn't you know? :puf_smile:

Which developer makes the "all the" REs?
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

BRIGGS

25 Apr 2022

challism wrote:
25 Apr 2022
Which developer makes the "all the" REs?

:puf_smile:
r11s

jonnyretina

22 Oct 2022

eXode wrote:
23 Apr 2022
They are hibernating indefinitely, so for the time being simply not available. Sorry.
:( I really could do with getting hold of your ONE Trance Soundset ReFill. Any chance?

Re8et
Competition Winner

22 Oct 2022

Mattvank wrote:
22 Apr 2022
Thor is also great for this. There is a Veangance soundset in the factory libary from Manuel Schleiss if you like to make 2000er trance.
And don´t forget to use trance ga ga ga....ga ga ga.. gate :D
Thor absolutely is a workhorse. Modern trance however makes use a lot of granular effects, so I'd look into some sampler like Proton, if you want to go RE.

Aosta

22 Oct 2022

Antidote and Predator is all you really need.
Tend the flame

Jac459

22 Oct 2022

1 - Antidote, if you don't have it, it just THE classic for tech sound (analog).
2 - Expanse, it is the power house for wavetable...
3 - Zero ==> powerhouse FM synth, best presets...
4 - PredatorRe ==> lots of presets, most good, some excellents.

Apart from these 4 clear winners that are absolute classics in this forum, don't forget to use Grain that will give a more modern vibe to your sound (granular + spectral synthesis).
You can also go for ReSpire, very heavy on CPU but this synth was one of the top best seller for techno in the 2010s. A looot of classics tech songs of this period use its presets.

If you want a real classic sound (but it will make your sound a bit ... classic and potentially old school), The legend and obsession, 2 awesome recreation of classics...

Finally of course you need a 303 emulator :-).
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

xpaul

01 Apr 2023

eXode wrote:
23 Apr 2022
Billy+ wrote:
22 Apr 2022

eXode as I own the kiloHearts kHs ONE Rack Extension, I found out that it contains both combinators and repatches from you.
Can you confirm these are the same as in your Trance Refill?
I can send you an overview of these combinators and repatches if you wish.

NMHindman

01 Apr 2023

Thor - 2 Thors panned L/R (line mixer) with its multi-oscillator and LPF, -fantastic massive, flexible, supersaw sounds. The same can easily be turned into brilliant plucks with Thor's excellent filter envelope. It's really tough to beat for these sounds, and I always find it very quick/easy to reach the target. It also seems to work well, automatically, with the RV7000. I have other synths/reverbs (Antidote, Serum), but the above combination is still my go-to for the above sounds.

Neo

02 Apr 2023

Jac459 wrote:
22 Oct 2022
1 - Antidote, if you don't have it, it just THE classic for tech sound (analog).
2 - Expanse, it is the power house for wavetable...
3 - Zero ==> powerhouse FM synth, best presets...
4 - PredatorRe ==> lots of presets, most good, some excellents.

Apart from these 4 clear winners that are absolute classics in this forum, don't forget to use Grain that will give a more modern vibe to your sound (granular + spectral synthesis).
You can also go for ReSpire, very heavy on CPU but this synth was one of the top best seller for techno in the 2010s. A looot of classics tech songs of this period use its presets.

If you want a real classic sound (but it will make your sound a bit ... classic and potentially old school), The legend and obsession, 2 awesome recreation of classics...

Finally of course you need a 303 emulator :-).
+1
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

• Information