BV-X Multimode Vocoder available in the Shop (and Rewards Store)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

Gosh

20 Apr 2022

Rewards voucher doesn't work for me, have sent a message to support :(

Gosh

20 Apr 2022

Super-fast response from Reasonstudios support. It is working now with the Rewards voucher. Great customer support :clap: :clap: :clap:

loopeydoug

20 Apr 2022

Could it be... I finally have something worth spending rewards points on?

Soxious808

20 Apr 2022

Normally wary of vocoders as if overused can sound dated but loving some of the features on this and drums thru it sounds great, it ain’t cheap tho 🤨

WasteLand

20 Apr 2022

well another vocoder, but with a real FFT mode, that adds more to the equation, for sounddesign. so Reason Studios did add some special features.

(i don't use exclusively RE's, ow i do...., but this kind of transform, or vocoding is possible with other plugins. that i already have.. in many forms.... so i know how they work, and have normal vocoders, well normal....)

but especially the Modern gives, well a kind of real spectral treatment. or a kind, it is spectral treatment... so, first impression; Reason Studios strikes again with a twist, that you see more in mainstream plugins, but not that often.

i don't know what it gives for sounddesign, but it must be more than normal vocoders.
Win 10 Pro. R11 suite + R12. Nektar Panorama p1. Ryzen 9 5900X. Cubase Pro 11, Bitwig Studio 4.4, Reaper 6.68, Ableton Live 11 Suite. RME Hammerfall DSP Multiface.

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

https://soundcloud.com/user-873737123

Creativemind

20 Apr 2022

I'm disappointed this device isn't stock or free for R12 users not on R+.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

craven

20 Apr 2022

I find it interesting that it looks a bit like a collection of older Reason rack modules. Love the sound and would but it for under 50 bucks in a heartbeat. The high prices are a way to encourage the R+ subscription and if you have the money it’s a good offer.
:ugeek:

gullum

20 Apr 2022

Not a device I be running out to buy thats for sure. listening to the demos in the shop made all the EDM R&B POP sound like it was the same song different parts of the same song.

Billy+

20 Apr 2022

Rewards section still needs work if you ask me

25 rewards is close to £500 and that definitely doesn't work for me and it's still missing the daw upgrade from the list....

Ted Pikul

20 Apr 2022

It's nice to see a creative effects rack extension from Reason Studios! I have not used vocoders in my music, but I'm sure that a device as powerful as this one can do more than the standard robot vocals. I'll check out Mattias' walkthrough video.

By the way, this is the second Swedish vocoder plug-in of 2022. Softube also released a vocoder last month. The one from RS has way more features, though. Anyway, both of these plug-ins are a lot more advanced than the old-school BV512.

OverneathTheSkyBridg

20 Apr 2022

I don't often use vocoders, but this one looks pretty cool. Definitely going to trial it!

dvdrtldg

20 Apr 2022

Looks interesting, I'm not into vocoders for voice stuff but they can be a cool creative effect. No way I'd buy it at the current price, might pick it up on sale at some point

Holy shit, that song is annoying

raymondh

20 Apr 2022

Wow! This could be up my alley for my solo project. I currently mainly create robot vocals by using a text-2-speech synth then putting that through BV-512, usually using Parsec as the carrier synth. Works fine but doesn't create vocals anywhere near as good as Kraftwerk!

Any vocoder experts have a view on how this would compare to other more professional vocoder software like XILS Vocoder 5000?
Last edited by raymondh on 21 Apr 2022, edited 1 time in total.

joeyluck

21 Apr 2022

They had nothing but great things to say about BV-X and the launch video/demos on Sonic TALK :clap:

I think it says a lot when a panel comprised mostly of people who aren't regular Reason users, about a vocoder for Reason, in a world filled with quite a few vocoder options, and they still seem impressed, interested, and excited about it :thumbs_up:

joeyluck

21 Apr 2022

raymondh wrote:
20 Apr 2022
Wow! This could be up my alley for my solo project. I currently mainly create robot vocals by using a text-2-speech synth then putting that through BV-12, usually using Parsec as the carrier synth. Works fine but doesn't create vocals anywhere near as good as Kraftwerk!

Any vocoder experts have a view on how this would compare to other more professional vocoder software like XILS Vocoder 5000?
I saw "BV-12" and for a second I thought maybe you were lucky enough to have one of Pelle's original hardware vocoders, the BV-12. But I'm guessing just a typo? I didn't learn about that until today during the stream.

raymondh

21 Apr 2022

joeyluck wrote:
21 Apr 2022
raymondh wrote:
20 Apr 2022
Wow! This could be up my alley for my solo project. I currently mainly create robot vocals by using a text-2-speech synth then putting that through BV-12, usually using Parsec as the carrier synth. Works fine but doesn't create vocals anywhere near as good as Kraftwerk!

I saw "BV-12" and for a second I thought maybe you were lucky enough to have one of Pelle's original hardware vocoders, the BV-12. But I'm guessing just a typo? I didn't learn about that until today during the stream.
Yeah sorry I missed the "5"! updated my post!

DaveyG

21 Apr 2022

It's not a device for me but I have to say that I am VERY disappointed in Ryan's video. After the Mimic one where Ryan discovered samplers and sampling about 30 years too late I was really hoping this one would be like "Wow! I can make my voice sound like a robot. BRILLIANT!"... :D

exxx

21 Apr 2022

Reason puts the existing parts together and says it's new, but there's nothing new. Spending time crafting shell assortments that aren't futuristic sounds and functions that aren't fresh.

helmutson

21 Apr 2022

Not bad at all, but it has GUI glitches, like so many other dev under R12 . Really RS, can you please solve that finally ? It is a shame ... aaand btw, 109.- € ? :(

Shoukz

21 Apr 2022

milking the cow 12 or klauss schwab subscribtion 12 by great reset reason studio.

supersmarter

21 Apr 2022

Shoukz wrote:
21 Apr 2022
milking the cow 12 or klauss schwab subscribtion 12 by great reset reason studio.
Exactly.

Now this silly Vocoder which looks like it's from 1995 and sounds just like any other 26th vocoder out there. When was the last time you saw anyone here asking for a new vocoder? WTH?

And again childish music, video for kids...

These guys make miss after miss and so on.

deeplink
Competition Winner

21 Apr 2022

supersmarter wrote:
21 Apr 2022
Shoukz wrote:
21 Apr 2022
Exactly.

Now this silly Vocoder which looks like it's from 1995 and sounds just like any other 26th vocoder out there. When was the last time you saw anyone here asking for a new vocoder? WTH?

And again childish music, video for kids...

These guys make miss after miss and so on.
I don't know hey. I hear vocoders in a lot of music today, especially backing or for ear candy.

Judging from the majority of the reaction of this forum, Facebook, Reddit and during the live stream - I would say this is far from a miss.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

QVprod

21 Apr 2022

I'm enjoying getting some talkbox -like tones out of it. haven't been able to do this with anything else that labels itself a "talkbox"

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CcnhRCjD ... _copy_link

Crumbfort

21 Apr 2022

Super cool device! Will definitely be picking it up.
Descent: Legends of the Dark // Darkeport Productions // The LotR: ACG // Blue Zones (Netflix) // Chef's Table (Netflix)

(Composer for visual media / Adeptus Mechanicus Synthseer)

• Information