Tonicmint CV Tool Bundle?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
gkillmaster

Post 05 Apr 2022

This bundle looks amazing. Is anyone using it and if so can you give me your feedback after using it for awhile?

Thank you,

Greg

Mataya

Post 05 Apr 2022

I have a few of them. Pistons my favorite. If you need CV shapes that you can control in real time and also create shapes with other shapes, then you can't go wrong with them.

M

moalla

Post 05 Apr 2022

I use Quadelectras CV Suite, but tonicmint´s stuff looks more versatile for live usage, watched the CV witch Video and must say cool for experimental stuff, also CV range looks nice. The thing is is it useful for your kind of music!? So nice to have at all tools how are made for touch displays with such functions at 100% zoom level, but i also could build my own devices for such usage with hardware controllers and things like volt sl, if i had now the decision what i can chose, i think i would buy this boundle, cause it´s easy and useful for electronic music making with especial live needings ;)
there is no right life in the wrong one [T.W. Adorno]
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
R12,R3900x,firefaceUC,T440p,Babyface,Miniak,SparkLE,Nocturns,Microkey37,IbanezSR305,EveSC205,DT880,Se2a,NT2A, PAB115mk2,JLsub12,dbx,QSC,Mackie,1000WattsbicyclePA

Bes

Post 05 Apr 2022

stable tools with countless applications? cv ranger and cv witch are extremely useful translation devices that i often use for building combinators. cv pad is good synth controller fun by itself but with cv origami you can add contours to its XY axis.

huggermugger

Post 05 Apr 2022

I have three of them, Pistons, Origami and Witch. Witch is a logic and math tool that I rarely use, but Pistons is an excellent LFO tool and Origami is wonderful for CV shaping. I've trialled the CV Pad, and since it's on sale, Imma think about grabbing it. I've trialled Ranger and Shades too, and they were both really useful.

I also own ScaleMatrix (excellent variation on the Scales&Chords concept), and InRange, which is handy for redefining Player note data as it passes thru the stack.

gkillmaster

Post 05 Apr 2022

I wanted to find a controller that would allow me to modulate the Wavestate vector thumbstick properly and it seems like CV XY pad can do it. So in other words each corner can have a value and it's capable of mixing 4 values instead of 2.

gkillmaster

Post 06 Apr 2022

huggermugger wrote:
05 Apr 2022
I have three of them, Pistons, Origami and Witch. Witch is a logic and math tool that I rarely use, but Pistons is an excellent LFO tool and Origami is wonderful for CV shaping. I've trialled the CV Pad, and since it's on sale, Imma think about grabbing it. I've trialled Ranger and Shades too, and they were both really useful.

I also own ScaleMatrix (excellent variation on the Scales&Chords concept), and InRange, which is handy for redefining Player note data as it passes thru the stack.
They all seem really useful and well implemented. Thanks for mentioning ScaleMatrix and InRange. I love the ideas and think they would be super useful for what I'm trying to do.

dvdrtldg

Post 07 Apr 2022

I'm trialling InRange at the moment. It's great! Simple, but just so damn useful, and an instant must-have in any player stack if you're looking to raise your scales/chords game

challism

Post 07 Apr 2022

I am a HUGE TonicMint fan. All of their players are fantastic and very useful (some are even must haves for any player stack). This CV tool bundle is really good too. My favorites in the bundle are Pistons and Origami. Both are incredibly useful and creative. I made a video a while ago showing how Pistons can be perfectly paired with Speo Strive (filter). Beautiful and so much fun! Admittedly, I need to get better acquainted with using the other CV tools in the bundle

Here is a project I'm currently working on that is using Pistons and Origami together with BeatMap.
CV.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

DJMaytag

Post 14 Jun 2022

It was an instabuy. Definitely some great tools to have in your arsenal. Pistons is by far the most useful device though.

• Information