Enlightenspeed - call for alpha/beta testers!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

02 Apr 2022

Hi folks,

it's that time again, when we wheel out another new product for you! :puf_bigsmile:

At this stage we're hoping to be available by the middle of May but there is a lot of work still to be done, thus the "alpha/beta". As per usual, if you want in then just PM me with a note of your RS username, and we'll add you on. The expectation at this stage is that the first alpha/beta will be available to testers at some stage this week.

kind regards and thanks for your interest,
Brian

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

03 Apr 2022

Hey folks,

thanks for all the interest so far, we still have space for more though, so keep the requests coming as this is a huge and groundbreaking device with lots of bugs to find (probably), and thus lots of chance to get a free license :)

Cheers, and thanks again
Brian

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

08 Apr 2022

Hi folks,

Just a heads up to apologise for the delay in getting the first alpha out. I had hoped to get it out by Tuesday but a showstopper bug has put it well behind the schedule. This is now clear, thankfully, but I'm now catching up on implementing some important stuff that needs to be done before the alpha release to testers.

Sorry about this, I know some of you expressed delight at having something to do this week, so I apologise unreservedly to those guys - there was really nothing could be done about this.

I now expect to have this out to testers by Tuesday the 12th of April at the latest. We are still open for further testers at this stage, so if you're interested then PM me. Everyone else, I'll respond to the PM's I haven't responded to soon, but you're all in, don't worry :) I've just been struggling for time so I haven't responded to everyone yet.

Cheers,
Brian

Gardinski

08 Apr 2022

Enlightenspeed wrote:
08 Apr 2022

Sorry about this, I know some of you expressed delight at having something to do this week, so I apologise unreservedly to those guys - there was really nothing could be done about this.
:lol: Well, that's just not good enough, Brian! I'm almost over the Covid now (thank God), so I'm hoping to venture back out into the world after this weekend, once the coughing and spluttering has died down. There's only so much malingering one can do...

I'm still giddy with excitement at the prospect of a new Enlightenspeed Beta to play with, though - and everyone else should be too. I dread to think what madness you've got in store for us this time. :P

Tinnitus

10 Apr 2022

Hi, just wondering how the updates to the existing products are going that I recall you saying you wanted o extend further?

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

11 Apr 2022

Tinnitus wrote:
10 Apr 2022
Hi, just wondering how the updates to the existing products are going that I recall you saying you wanted o extend further?
Anything in particular you want to know about? Most of our stuff has some sort of future development plan 😊

Re8et
Competition Winner

12 Apr 2022

Enlightenspeed wrote:
11 Apr 2022
Tinnitus wrote:
10 Apr 2022
Anything in particular you want to know about? Most of our stuff has some sort of future development plan 😊
PM'd you for beta testing, I don't know how to apply for. I assumed PM was right. :puf_smile:

challism

12 Apr 2022

Re8et wrote:
12 Apr 2022
Enlightenspeed wrote:
11 Apr 2022

PM'd you for beta testing, I don't know how to apply for. I assumed PM was right. :puf_smile:
I PMed Brian too. Haven't heard back. I assume he's been busy and hasn't been able to go back to people yet. Either that or he doesn't want me on the team. Maybe he doesn't want you on the team either! ha ha ha
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

MrFigg
Competition Winner

13 Apr 2022

challism wrote:
12 Apr 2022
Re8et wrote:
12 Apr 2022

I PMed Brian too. Haven't heard back. I assume he's been busy and hasn't been able to go back to people yet. Either that or he doesn't want me on the team. Maybe he doesn't want you on the team either! ha ha ha
I got an answer. It’s because I’m from Scotland. I suggested he removed both of you from the team on grounds of lack of patience.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

13 Apr 2022

Sorry for the further delay folks, I really am.

There's a weird bug thing going on that is holding up the show. Everything works in Recon, but when you export to R12 it doesn't. I've opened up discussions with RS dev support last night and need to see what they say. This is the same issue that cropped up before, but the fix which got it working in Recon isn't effective in Reason.

I don't want to release this to testers until it is fixed, so it's difficult to say when this will be, but all efforts are now on clearing this before more features are added. At this stage it now looks as if the device will not be ready for May Madness, which I had originally hoped for, but realistically we will be talking June.

I'll PM everybody today or tomorrow with a video link that is me showing the new device in Recon... you're gonna love it :) But for now, just relax and enjoy the nice weather... which willl arrive in about 10 days if you're in Northern Europe.

Cheers,
Brian

Bes
Competition Winner

13 Apr 2022

:thumbs_up: thanks for the confirm. looking forward to the video reveal
- Certified Reason expert

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

16 Apr 2022

Hi folks,

Alpha is now available! Enjoy your weekend!

For those who don't have it, but applied, can you please check and resend your user details? There are some that I can't get the RS server to accept the username, so please let me know if you didn't get it.

Cheers and thanks again,
Brian

FatJ

16 Apr 2022

Brian, please can you PM us a draft of the manual.

challism

16 Apr 2022

FatJ wrote:
16 Apr 2022
Having downloaded it, I can appreciate your request for a manual. ha ha ha
I'd guess the manual is a LONG way from even being started (seeing that this is an alpha). Manuals usually come together during the later stages of the beta testing.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

16 Apr 2022

FatJ wrote:
16 Apr 2022
Yeah, I'm afraid it doesn't exist yet, but I'll be sticking a post up to give some basic descriptions soon :)
Usually it's part of the research process for us anyway, to guage how easy folks can pick it up from a first look.

Cheers,
Brian

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Apr 2022

Anybody tell me what it is. I’m stuck in Glasgow watching my dad die and it’s doing my head in. Need a distraction.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

16 Apr 2022

MrFigg wrote:
16 Apr 2022
Anybody tell me what it is. I’m stuck in Glasgow watching my dad die and it’s doing my head in. Need a distraction.
Sorry man, I hadn't realised he was at that stage.

Watching the vid is the best distraction I can give you - I'm actually at my "real work" today too, so I can't grab you for a pint. Maybe not the best time for it anyway.

Take care man,
B

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Apr 2022

Enlightenspeed wrote:
16 Apr 2022
MrFigg wrote:
16 Apr 2022
Sorry man, I hadn't realised he was at that stage.

Watching the vid is the best distraction I can give you - I'm actually at my "real work" today too, so I can't grab you for a pint. Maybe not the best time for it anyway.

Take care man,
B
Thanks Brian. Aye, they phoned and told us when we were on the way to the airport. Looks like we got to Scotland just in time. These care homes are fucking horrible by the way.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Gardinski

16 Apr 2022

Oh, Mr Figg - I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. These things are never easy. I hope you're able to spend some quality time with him while you still can. It will mean the world to both of you. I've been there, and however stoic you are, there's really no way to prepare for this stuff. You've truly got my deepest sympathies.

Tony G.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Apr 2022

Gardinski wrote:
16 Apr 2022
Oh, Mr Figg - I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. These things are never easy. I hope you're able to spend some quality time with him while you still can. It will mean the world to both of you. I've been there, and however stoic you are, there's really no way to prepare for this stuff. You've truly got my deepest sympathies.

Tony G.
Thanks man. Appreciate you saying that. Don’t want to derail this thread though. :). Back to the RE :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

arnigretar

17 Apr 2022

Sorry to hear about your dad, Mr Figg. <3

And since you said we are back to the RE -- I'm gonna send you a mail Brian 'Enlightenspeed'. I would love to try it out.
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

20 Apr 2022

Hi folks,

Thanks for all the applications!

It does appear that we have hit some kind of top limit with the number of testers we can add. I am waiting for someone at RS to confirm this, as there is some indication that the limit should be higher.

If you have applied and didn't get in this time then I will try to give you priority on the next time round, should it be the case that we have indeed hit the max amount.

Kind regards and thanks again,
Brian

FatJ

20 Apr 2022

Enlightenspeed wrote:
20 Apr 2022
Hi folks,

Thanks for all the applications!

It does appear that we have hit some kind of top limit with the number of testers we can add. I am waiting for someone at RS to confirm this, as there is some indication that the limit should be higher.

If you have applied and didn't get in this time then I will try to give you priority on the next time round, should it be the case that we have indeed hit the max amount.

Kind regards and thanks again,
Brian
I've PM'd you Brian.

• Information