Speculation thread - RS releasing new device

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
crimsonwarlock

31 Mar 2022

My guess: a sequenced distortion/mangler. Possibly inspired/influenced by Mick Gordon's Doom instrument.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Mataya

31 Mar 2022

Would be great if we list the things we don't have, so we can choose something from the list. Because I don't really want to see another revolutionary device that we already have. I mean we can already FM, subtract, add, mangle, distort, compress, delay, twist, play, enhance, Lo-fi it, colour it, classic, modern, Vocoded... what else there is?

M

Mataya

31 Mar 2022

I'd like to see some Noise Reduction system implemented.

M

MrFigg
Competition Winner

31 Mar 2022

Most likely a variation (read “rip off copy”) of an RE already released by another dev.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

avasopht
Competition Winner

31 Mar 2022

Mataya wrote:
31 Mar 2022
Would be great if we list the things we don't have, so we can choose something from the list. Because I don't really want to see another revolutionary device that we already have. I mean we can already FM, subtract, add, mangle, distort, compress, delay, twist, play, enhance, Lo-fi it, colour it, classic, modern, Vocoded... what else there is?

M
That's about it really.

Anything else is just going to be too complicated to operate.

You can have creative combinations of effects - but we've already got combinators for that ;)

Billy+

31 Mar 2022

Maybe it's a RE version of the ujam finisher devices with a mix n match algorithm interface ;)

Noise
Competition Winner

31 Mar 2022

Maybe they are just reading this thread to get ideas from
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

Marc Swing

31 Mar 2022

A mastering Re

jam-s

31 Mar 2022

What about a "Reason Sound" FX device? :mrgreen:

avasopht
Competition Winner

31 Mar 2022

jam-s wrote:
31 Mar 2022
:clap:

now let's not go giving them any sweet ideas like that

rootwheel

02 Apr 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
28 Mar 2022
Apparently Niklas (CEO) recently said in an interview:

"We have a new one coming out in March that Peter has developed, so watch out for that."

What do you think it will be?
An RE that comes out in April instead of March :)

manisnotabird

02 Apr 2022

Distortion/saturation. Huge, ubiquitous part of production and sound design and mixing across genres, and there hasn’t been a new dedicated device for it since 2003. Also there have been major improvements in digital distortion/saturation algorithms in recent years.

rootwheel

03 Apr 2022

manisnotabird wrote:
02 Apr 2022
Distortion/saturation. Huge, ubiquitous part of production and sound design and mixing across genres, and there hasn’t been a new dedicated device for it since 2003. Also there have been major improvements in digital distortion/saturation algorithms in recent years.
Pulveriser in 2011! Still very good for distortion and filtering.

Anyway, you are right though; distortion/saturation does certainly match their description of 'a modern take on a classic effect'...

ksniod

03 Apr 2022

rootwheel wrote:
03 Apr 2022
manisnotabird wrote:
02 Apr 2022

Anyway, you are right though; distortion/saturation does certainly match their description of 'a modern take on a classic effect'...
Might be a challenge to surpass the recent Ruina from Noise Engineering

manisnotabird

03 Apr 2022

rootwheel wrote:
03 Apr 2022
manisnotabird wrote:
02 Apr 2022

I didn’t count pulverizer as a dedicated distortion unit since it does compression and filtering and only has one distortion type with only a gain and tone control.
Last edited by manisnotabird on 03 Apr 2022, edited 1 time in total.

manisnotabird

03 Apr 2022

ksniod wrote:
03 Apr 2022
rootwheel wrote:
03 Apr 2022

Might be a challenge to surpass the recent Ruina from Noise Engineering
Ruina is very cool, but I think a new dedicated distortion/saturation effect from Reason Studios would focus a little more on some of the more basic, "bread and butter" kinds of distortion/saturation sounds (even if it could also do some more wild, creative stuff, too).

zumBeispiel

03 Apr 2022

Reason Finger Print
ReasonFingerPrint.png
ReasonFingerPrint.png (91.31 KiB) Viewed 2116 times
Last edited by zumBeispiel on 09 Apr 2022, edited 2 times in total.

OldSchoolSkunk

03 Apr 2022

My guess is a TalkBox effect. *leaves $.02 on the table*

raymondh

04 Apr 2022

avasopht wrote:
31 Mar 2022
jam-s wrote:
31 Mar 2022

No need for a new device since it's already built in :D

Maybe it will be something to appeal to the 'new generation of musicians' like a "MIDI Chord Pack" Re , that will make our tracks all so easy, and sound "Dope" and "Sick" and all those other words that meant the exact opposite when I was growing up :D

jam-s

04 Apr 2022

raymondh wrote:
04 Apr 2022
avasopht wrote:
31 Mar 2022

No need for a new device since it's already built in :D

Maybe it will be something to appeal to the 'new generation of musicians' like a "MIDI Chord Pack" Re , that will make our tracks all so easy, and sound "Dope" and "Sick" and all those other words that meant the exact opposite when I was growing up :D
I would imagine the "Reason Sound" FX RE to be about 4u in hight and have a prominent big knob to select the kind of Reason version/vintage from Reason 1 up to Reason 11! Then all it would do would be to add a little bit of inaudible random noise to the signal so a null test would not null but apart from this it would mainly be a placebo. :twisted:

Kilsane

09 Apr 2022

Salvation,
I'm not good at divination, but I'm not sure for a distortion we already have distortion scream 4, distortion foldback D-11 and Pulveriser Demolition & Synchronous Effect Mudulator, not to mention all the roundabout ways to create distortion using the inputs of certain instruments.

maybe a Halftime kind of beat delay but better (it's a classic today in the sense that it's present in almost all recent productions)
or even a granular synthesis effect like the portal or the recent EFx Fragment.

Honestly, I don't know :)

moneykube

09 Apr 2022

spectral grain based player with variations of poly modular oscillators replicating one hand clapping ...
cpu efficient and versatile....
One can hope. :re: :reason:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

deigm

09 Apr 2022

Mataya wrote:
31 Mar 2022
I'd like to see some Noise Reduction system implemented.

M
Yes please

Billy+

09 Apr 2022

I think I've figured it out.......

A distortion device that houses the 14 types available in the selection of devices already available :lol:

Creativemind

09 Apr 2022

Tiny Montgomery wrote:
28 Mar 2022
challism wrote:
28 Mar 2022
They could build some kind of physical modeling synth (similar to Friktion), but modeled after wind instruments instead of strings.
I hope not, sounds awful.
How d'you know that having never heard it? :lol:
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

• Information