SAW-1 on sale

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
crimsonwarlock

15 Mar 2022

This RE was flying under my radar, but this is an impressive sounding synthesizer which comes with a nice set of excellent presets. It is on sale now for 21 euros, which is basically the price of a nice refill, but you get a synthesizer that can do more than the presets it comes with. Bought it after trialing for half an hour :puf_bigsmile:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ave-synth/
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

dvdrtldg

15 Mar 2022

Contains "hitmaking sounds"!

Loque

15 Mar 2022

Yea, the patches are pretty good. Worth trying...
Reason12, Win10

crimsonwarlock

16 Mar 2022

dvdrtldg wrote:
15 Mar 2022
Yeah, the marketing blurb is a bit over the top. But so are most.

Loque wrote:
15 Mar 2022
I'm not in the genre where the super saw is omnipresent, that's why this synth went under my radar. But there are numerous presets that show the other possibilities of this instrument. Especially the arps and basses are excellent, and it has some very lush pads as well.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Loque

16 Mar 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
16 Mar 2022
dvdrtldg wrote:
15 Mar 2022
Yeah, the marketing blurb is a bit over the top. But so are most.

Loque wrote:
15 Mar 2022
I'm not in the genre where the super saw is omnipresent, that's why this synth went under my radar. But there are numerous presets that show the other possibilities of this instrument. Especially the arps and basses are excellent, and it has some very lush pads as well.
Yea. The naming directly limits this synth - pretty bad idea. But there are so many other patches possible, where the SAW is the basis...
Reason12, Win10

crimsonwarlock

16 Mar 2022

Loque wrote:
16 Mar 2022
Yea. The naming directly limits this synth - pretty bad idea.
Agreed. If he named it something with '2600' or 'ARP' in there, many retro-synth lovers (like myself) would be all over it :puf_bigsmile:

This sale finally made me demo it, and I'm happy to have picked it up now. Especially at this price.
-------

strangers
Competition Winner

16 Mar 2022

There's a lot of great sounds right out of the gate with this RE. Here's a song I made a few years ago. I'm pretty sure I used stock presets with minor tweaking.

Heater

16 Mar 2022

The sound reminds me of an Access Virus.

crimsonwarlock

16 Mar 2022

If you are into analog sounding bass, pads and leads, I think this is one of the best sounding synthesizers in the shop. Definitely up there with something like Obsession (which is quite a bit more expensive), just to name one.
-------

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

16 Mar 2022

I wonder why the combinator patches are for Reason 12 ?? they are basic combi patches which could have been left in the original format..

WOO

16 Mar 2022

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
16 Mar 2022
I wonder why the combinator patches are for Reason 12 ?? they are basic combi patches which could have been left in the original format..
Just to piss off, those of us who have not updated to 12.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Mar 2022

WOO wrote:
16 Mar 2022
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
16 Mar 2022
Just to piss off, those of us who have not updated to 12.
Well now you’re as pissed off us the people who did upgrade to R12.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

crimsonwarlock

17 Mar 2022

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
16 Mar 2022
It is not possible to save R11-compatible combinators from R12. The developer had to resave all the combinators with the new version of SAW-1, and probably doesn't have R11 installed anymore (for whatever reason).
-------

DaveyG

17 Mar 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
17 Mar 2022
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
16 Mar 2022
It is not possible to save R11-compatible combinators from R12. The developer had to resave all the combinators with the new version of SAW-1, and probably doesn't have R11 installed anymore (for whatever reason).
^^This.

It's a real shame you can't choose to save combis in an earlier version. We can still save Word documents in DOC format and share them with earlier versions of Word.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

17 Mar 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
17 Mar 2022
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
16 Mar 2022
I wonder why he had to resave them as you don't lose your existing combi patches when RE's are updated (the only time I have had to do this is with Alpha\beta products which is totally understandable and also in those cases it's not just the combi but normal patches also break).

Loque

17 Mar 2022

DaveyG wrote:
17 Mar 2022
crimsonwarlock wrote:
17 Mar 2022

^^This.

It's a real shame you can't choose to save combis in an earlier version. We can still save Word documents in DOC format and share them with earlier versions of Word.
Yea, that sucks a bit, at least while still a lot of ppl didnt switched to R12 due to its many problems. Thats why i still have R11 installed - for better performance, reliability and creating old Combinator patches.
Reason12, Win10

challism

17 Mar 2022

SAW-1 on sale, sure. But have you ever SEEN-2 on sale before?
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Loque

17 Mar 2022

challism wrote:
17 Mar 2022
laughing-hysterically-laugh.gif
laughing-hysterically-laugh.gif (234.72 KiB) Viewed 1677 times
Reason12, Win10

crimsonwarlock

17 Mar 2022

DaveyG wrote:
17 Mar 2022
It's a real shame you can't choose to save combis in an earlier version.
Indeed. Especially as there is an option “Using legacy backdrop” which seems to imply some kind of backward compatibility that is not there.
DaveyG wrote:
17 Mar 2022
We can still save Word documents in DOC format and share them with earlier versions of Word.
But don't try to load any Word-6 document in any recent version of Word :o
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
17 Mar 2022
I wonder why he had to resave them as you don't lose your existing combi patches when RE's are updated (the only time I have had to do this is with Alpha\beta products which is totally understandable and also in those cases it's not just the combi but normal patches also break).
I don't know if this is the reason, just assuming that could be a possibility. At the end of the day, I can't speak for the developer, of course.
challism wrote:
17 Mar 2022
I'm eagerly awaiting that update :puf_bigsmile:
-------

challism

17 Mar 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
17 Mar 2022
You mean you are eagerly waiting 2-SEE that update?
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

crimsonwarlock

17 Mar 2022

challism wrote:
17 Mar 2022
crimsonwarlock wrote:
17 Mar 2022
You are on a roll here :puf_bigsmile: :thumbup:
-------

kitekrazy

17 Mar 2022

Part of me wants to buy this but the shop doesn't have a wishlist function. I know it's affordable but with all of the synths I have there is probably something similar.

crimsonwarlock

17 Mar 2022

kitekrazy wrote:
17 Mar 2022
Part of me wants to buy this but the shop doesn't have a wishlist function.
It is normally more than double the current price. At 21 euros, it is a steal. Sound wise it is at the level of Obsession, which costs a lot more.
kitekrazy wrote:
17 Mar 2022
I know it's affordable but with all of the synths I have there is probably something similar.
I have pretty much all the big RE synths that are available, and this still filled a gap in my setup.
-------

Zerosity

18 Mar 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
17 Mar 2022
challism wrote:
17 Mar 2022

You are on a roll here :puf_bigsmile: :thumbup:
A 2-SEE roll ?

** Not sure if the reference works for international folks, so they are a USA Candy Company: https://tootsie.com/

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 Mar 2022

Or as Patti Smith would say…”Do the wa-2-see”.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information