Transcendent 2000 RE

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

03 Mar 2022

moneykube wrote:
03 Mar 2022
raymondh wrote:
27 Feb 2022
Does this require R12 or will it work in R11 too?

I really don't want this, but have a case of FOMO, after years of lusting after that synth kit advertised in the electronics magazine!!
I am also curious... no mention of it in manual but I did notice what looks like a combinator 2 device in the second video... so...does this come with straight patches 11 users can use? and or is it all combinator 2 patches which 11 users can not use... I don't usually trial things. If I like what I see I usually buy it.... and I like what I see.... but the whole combinator 2 issue makes me hesitate
The Combis, few that there be, are, sorry, all Combi 2. As some know, I'm one of those who does on occasion pick a battle to support backwards compatibility, and various parts of my anatomy lay strewn upon many a munro, but the reality is in the HD era and the cost/reward ratio being as meagre as it is, it seems redundant to expend effort on an old GUI format.

That said, yes, device itself supports Reason 11 (and probably Reason 10: pretty sure I left the placeholder in this time, so it shouldn't throw an error).

moneykube

04 Mar 2022

JiggeryPokery wrote:
03 Mar 2022
moneykube wrote:
03 Mar 2022

I am also curious... no mention of it in manual but I did notice what looks like a combinator 2 device in the second video... so...does this come with straight patches 11 users can use? and or is it all combinator 2 patches which 11 users can not use... I don't usually trial things. If I like what I see I usually buy it.... and I like what I see.... but the whole combinator 2 issue makes me hesitate
The Combis, few that there be, are, sorry, all Combi 2. As some know, I'm one of those who does on occasion pick a battle to support backwards compatibility, and various parts of my anatomy lay strewn upon many a munro, but the reality is in the HD era and the cost/reward ratio being as meagre as it is, it seems redundant to expend effort on an old GUI format.

That said, yes, device itself supports Reason 11 (and probably Reason 10: pretty sure I left the placeholder in this time, so it shouldn't throw an error).
thank you for your response... I have many of your devices, can make my own patches, so likely I will pick this up anyway. You make excellent stuff ! I only wish there was some reasonable way for 11 users to extract the .re file from a combinator 2 file.( helps as starting points for building patches for me)> :lightbulb: perhaps an update sometime with the .re patches included in some future update , if you decide to make one :puf_wink:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

chimp_spanner

04 Mar 2022

Gotta say at first glance I wasn't sure I'd vibe with it but this synth has a tonne of character. I actually love the limited options. No mod matrix. Nothing too crazy. It really invites you to play it, not tweak. Nice work.

raymondh

04 Mar 2022

chimp_spanner wrote:
04 Mar 2022
Gotta say at first glance I wasn't sure I'd vibe with it but this synth has a tonne of character. I actually love the limited options. No mod matrix. Nothing too crazy. It really invites you to play it, not tweak. Nice work.
Great feedback. Generally speaking, when you like a synth, I like it too!!

raymondh

04 Mar 2022

moneykube wrote:
04 Mar 2022
JiggeryPokery wrote:
03 Mar 2022

thank you for your response... I have many of your devices, can make my own patches, so likely I will pick this up anyway. You make excellent stuff ! I only wish there was some reasonable way for 11 users to extract the .re file from a combinator 2 file.( helps as starting points for building patches for me)> :lightbulb: perhaps an update sometime with the .re patches included in some future update , if you decide to make one :puf_wink:
Yeah thanks! Off to the shop I go! :)

discoman

05 Mar 2022

Bought it! Thanks :)
--- Reasonist Since 2000 ---

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

10 Mar 2022

Man this thing has character. I went in with zero expectations, knowing nothing about the original synth. I haven't bought anything yet this year. Might make an exception with this one.
I put this short bit together during my first 90 minutes of trialing it. Sure I added some extra distortion and effects, but the dirty character is there from the beginning for sure.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

14 Mar 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
10 Mar 2022
Man this thing has character. I went in with zero expectations, knowing nothing about the original synth. I haven't bought anything yet this year. Might make an exception with this one.
I put this short bit together during my first 90 minutes of trialing it. Sure I added some extra distortion and effects, but the dirty character is there from the beginning for sure.

That's excellent :)

Heater

14 Mar 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
10 Mar 2022

That was great. It reminded me of the bar scenes in the movie Outland. It sounded totally raw and analogue.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 Mar 2022

JiggeryPokery wrote:
14 Mar 2022
TritoneAddiction wrote:
10 Mar 2022

That's excellent :)
Thanks. :puf_smile:
Wrote another Transcendent 2000 bit. Added effects on some sounds, while other sounds are pretty unprocessed.

challism

14 May 2022

MM Sale price $19. I'm definitely picking this beast up.

Trialing it now. Installed and it looks great on one of my computers, but I just installed it on my second computer and it looks much different.
Weird. I'm going uninstall and reinstall and see if that changes anything. If not, I'll reboot the computer.
The picture below is what Transcendent looks like on my second computer.
Transc.jpg
Transc.jpg (251.5 KiB) Viewed 3113 times
And this is what it looks like on my 1st computer. Looks better, but definitely different than the picture on the shop page. Anybody else having this issue? And it's by no means a deal-breaker, just kind of odd.
1.png
1.png (703.78 KiB) Viewed 3077 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Loque

14 May 2022

Maybe you need to clean the graphics cache too.
Reason12, Win10

challism

17 May 2022

Strange stuff happening. I rebooted my computer and now Transcendent is looking like this, which actually look awesome with the red outline on those knobs. Really weird this keeps loading with different graphics, though, isn't it? I'm not suggesting this is an issue with Jiggery Pokery's device.

One thing is certain, I have no idea what it is going to look like when I boot up Reason. Cool, I like surprises!
reboot.JPG
reboot.JPG (131.11 KiB) Viewed 3019 times

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 May 2022

challism wrote:
17 May 2022
Strange stuff happening. I rebooted my computer and now Transcendent is looking like this, which actually look awesome with the red outline on those knobs. Really weird this keeps loading with different graphics, though, isn't it? I'm not suggesting this is an issue with Jiggery Pokery's device.
reboot.JPG
Easter egg
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

orthodox
RE Developer

17 May 2022

challism wrote:
17 May 2022
Strange stuff happening. I rebooted my computer and now Transcendent is looking like this, which actually look awesome with the red outline on those knobs.
Random set of controls. That can be done programmatically in the RE.

geronimo

17 May 2022

At home _

AtHome.jpg
AtHome.jpg (421.47 KiB) Viewed 3002 times

challism

17 May 2022

Ah ha! It's been solved on the product page! ha ha ha
solved!.JPG
solved!.JPG (45.92 KiB) Viewed 2977 times

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

17 May 2022

geronimo wrote:
17 May 2022
At home _

AtHome.jpg
:D That set, I called it the "Wasp" set, might be my favourite kit in the collection, actually. I think it's the second-most likely to be selected.

Gotta collect 'em all and save 'em in your Combis! (IIRC there's a couple of rare sets stored in the Combi folder, inc the "Jen 1000 kit" that is shown on the device thumbnail! :lol: )

@orthodox, yes but surprisingly no-one seems to have thought to do this before at GUI-generation time for actual filmstrips, as it needs to be handled from the motherboard, not the gui itself, or via, say a custom display, and so is determined on instancing. That said, the value is stored at song-level, so will be recalled on song-load, but for initial opening the value isn't rerandomised during the session if you open additional copies of the device - it'll be the same set as the first (I can't recall OTTOMYH if that also applies to a new device in a song opened with an existing device stored, I have a vague recollection from testing you can force two different sets open in that scenario, aside from obviously when the value is stored in a Combi patch, which uses the same store-hiearchy as song-level)

And yes, sorry, this also explains to the commentator above asking why this thing is 100MB... Once I realised I could randomise knob graphics, for something based on a kit synth, it was too much fun not to add a few more than was maybe strictly necessary ;) )

Honestly surprised it took quite this long for this to be discovered. I left clues! I did! I did! :puf_bigsmile:

MarkTarlton

17 May 2022

The Wasp would be really fun to have as an RE. I just watched Bauhaus play and they had a Wasp special, that thing is so punk rock, and raspy. The Transcendent 2000 is also a work of art assuming you built the thing right or had someone know what they were doing. I am going to have to give this a trial. Your work looks so good JP, and it's nice to see you around.

Exowildebeest

17 May 2022

JiggeryPokery wrote:
17 May 2022
geronimo wrote:
17 May 2022
At home _

AtHome.jpg

Honestly surprised it took quite this long for this to be discovered. I left clues! I did! I did! :puf_bigsmile:
Golly gee, this is the most jiggerypokery thing I'll ever see.

I guess a kit synth emulation makes the most sense for this surprising feature, but I'm hoping other devs (with too much time on their hands) will start doing this too. E.g. a dusty, damaged looking synth vs. brand new one. We all love the RE esthetics, especially now in high res. This kind of visual fun really connects to that. After seeing all the custom-display hacks, this is also a welcome return to basic but smart RE building.

EnochLight

17 May 2022

MarkTarlton wrote:
17 May 2022
The Wasp would be really fun to have as an RE. I just watched Bauhaus play and they had a Wasp special, that thing is so punk rock, and raspy.
OK, not to detract from the thread topic - but how was the Bauhaus show? Is it the entire original line-up? I saw Love and Rockets back in the late 90's when they were touring to support their Sweet FA album (excellent show; lame album), and that's the last I saw of any of them. Peter was looking pretty rough in 2013 when he got busted for a hit and run (and meth). :puf_unhappy:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

MarkTarlton

17 May 2022

EnochLight wrote:
17 May 2022
MarkTarlton wrote:
17 May 2022
The Wasp would be really fun to have as an RE. I just watched Bauhaus play and they had a Wasp special, that thing is so punk rock, and raspy.
OK, not to detract from the thread topic - but how was the Bauhaus show? Is it the entire original line-up? I saw Love and Rockets back in the late 90's when they were touring to support their Sweet FA album (excellent show; lame album), and that's the last I saw of any of them. Peter was looking pretty rough in 2013 when he got busted for a hit and run (and meth). :puf_unhappy:
David J said it was in his top 5 favorite performances of all time, it was insane! OG's

rorystorm

17 May 2022

Saw Peter Murphy doing a revival show a coupla years ago, it was pretty cool. Strange crowd - aging hipsters from back in the day which was to be expected, and lots of very beautiful young trans people. But only about half, the rest were middle aged rugby heads - jocks, I guess - bellowing over Bela Lugosi. Not what I was expecting. Very beautiful version of all we ever wanted. Same reaction as whenever I listen to Bauhaus - this is great but wtaf is he on about?

rorystorm

17 May 2022

Also yes to Wasp.

challism

17 May 2022

JiggeryPokery wrote:
17 May 2022
I'm surprised too. I spotted it on the first day of my trial when I uploaded the pictures. I wasn't sure that it was an intentional thing, though. Wasn't sure if it was my computer or what was going on. RT users are usually very keen to spot such anomalies. I'm surprised nobody spotted it. RT users are losing their edge!

Nice Easter egg! I really love this synth. It's great! Very happy to be picking it up during MM. Thanks for the end of the world sale, Matt.

This has got to be THE BEST Easter Egg in Reason so far.

• Information