Transcendent 2000 RE

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
User avatar
Neo
Posts: 354
Joined: 21 May 2015
Location: Melbourne Australia

Post 23 Feb 2022

:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

Heater
Posts: 754
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 23 Feb 2022

I remember reading about this back in the day in a electronics magazine.
Amazing it’s a virtual synthesiser in 2022.

User avatar
dioxide
Posts: 1570
Joined: 15 Jul 2015

Post 23 Feb 2022

The Joy Division synth. Nice attention to detail on the GUI and the manual is well done.

User avatar
eusti
Moderator
Posts: 2771
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 23 Feb 2022

I obviously love Joy Division and New Order... And have hard time from the videos to determine the sound of the synth...
Might need to demo it... I like examples of the synth only on the shop page...

D.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 8422
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 23 Feb 2022

eusti wrote:
23 Feb 2022
I obviously love Joy Division and New Order... And have hard time from the videos to determine the sound of the synth...
Might need to demo it... I like examples of the synth only on the shop page...

D.
Love JD too but I’ll get by with Ekss Syndrum and my bass.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
eusti
Moderator
Posts: 2771
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 23 Feb 2022

MrFigg wrote:
23 Feb 2022
eusti wrote:
23 Feb 2022
I obviously love Joy Division and New Order... And have hard time from the videos to determine the sound of the synth...
Might need to demo it... I like examples of the synth only on the shop page...

D.
Love JD too but I’ll get by with Ekss Syndrum and my bass.
Nice! Will need to reevaluate the Syndrum at some point too... For now I decided I don't need more drum plug ins... :P

D.

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 2369
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 23 Feb 2022

The manual is a work of art again, but it looks like some pages have fallen out of the middle of it. Now, that's realism ;)

Heater
Posts: 754
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 23 Feb 2022

Also, it's a cracking name. TRANSCENDENT 2000. Proper futuristic at the time.

User avatar
motuscott
Posts: 3146
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: the New York

Post 23 Feb 2022

I'm definitely adding the manual to my JPS manual collection.
Vlad the Installer 🧂

User avatar
JiggeryPokery
RE Developer
Posts: 1170
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 23 Feb 2022

Heater wrote:
23 Feb 2022
Also, it's a cracking name. TRANSCENDENT 2000. Proper futuristic at the time.
I ummed and ah'd for ages about the name. Seriously, it went thought multiple variants over years. (You know, I first did the mockup for this back in 2013.) I'd have a simple, affectionate, but ultimately a tad too uninformative "T2K", weird numbering like TRANSCENDENT X000, but then that'd just confuse the hell out of people "Transcendent Zooooo!" or "Transcendent Ex-Thousand!" Making it "3000" implies it's more futuristic than it is ;)

So, at the risk of being DCMA'd by some rights holder somewhere, I stuck to the original.

User avatar
JiggeryPokery
RE Developer
Posts: 1170
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 23 Feb 2022

jam-s wrote:
23 Feb 2022
The manual is a work of art again, but it looks like some pages have fallen out of the middle of it. Now, that's realism ;)
lol. So glad someone appreciated that one! I've been sitting on that gag for literally two years.

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 2369
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 23 Feb 2022

JiggeryPokery wrote:
23 Feb 2022
I ummed and ah'd for ages about the name. Seriously, it went thought multiple variants over years. (You know, I first did the mockup for this back in 2013.) I'd have a simple, affectionate, but ultimately a tad too uninformative "T2K", weird numbering like TRANSCENDENT X000, but then that'd just confuse the hell out of people "Transcendent Zooooo!" or "Transcendent Ex-Thousand!" Making it "3000" implies it's more futuristic than it is ;)

So, at the risk of being DCMA'd by some rights holder somewhere, I stuck to the original.
You could also have gone to TRANCENDENT 2001 - A space synth oddity. That should not pose any risk for DMCA because of obvious parody/homage. :-)

User avatar
JiggeryPokery
RE Developer
Posts: 1170
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 23 Feb 2022

jam-s wrote:
23 Feb 2022
JiggeryPokery wrote:
23 Feb 2022
I ummed and ah'd for ages about the name. Seriously, it went thought multiple variants over years. (You know, I first did the mockup for this back in 2013.) I'd have a simple, affectionate, but ultimately a tad too uninformative "T2K", weird numbering like TRANSCENDENT X000, but then that'd just confuse the hell out of people "Transcendent Zooooo!" or "Transcendent Ex-Thousand!" Making it "3000" implies it's more futuristic than it is ;)

So, at the risk of being DCMA'd by some rights holder somewhere, I stuck to the original.
You could also have gone to TRANCENDENT 2001 - A space synth oddity. That should not pose any risk for DMCA because of obvious parody/homage. :-)
lol, nice. I didn't think of that one, although pragmatically I already used that to reference death when I did the notepad things, not even realising at the time I wasn't even the first to do that for a notepad RE :lol: . But I did try 2021... 2022, 1000, I dunno, it always looked weirdly unbalanced with the narrow "1". And 2022 is just too hard to even say in one's head, let alone out loud...!

User avatar
discoman
Posts: 7
Joined: 08 Nov 2021

Post 23 Feb 2022

Nice one… just one question, why is it over 120mb? A synth like Obsession is even smaller? Is the synth build on samples rather then a simulation of the hardware? Just wondering. Thanks :)
--- Reasonist Since 2000 ---

User avatar
JiggeryPokery
RE Developer
Posts: 1170
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 24 Feb 2022

discoman wrote:
23 Feb 2022
Is the synth build on samples rather then a simulation of the hardware? Just wondering. Thanks :)
It's not a sample-based product :)

User avatar
NoisiaTHX
Posts: 30
Joined: 23 Aug 2018

Post 24 Feb 2022

"Due to limitations in the global supply chain and the onset of World War 3, your kit synthesizer package might not look exactly like the product pictures."

Yesterday I thought it was funny, but today...

User avatar
Catblack
Posts: 1008
Joined: 15 Apr 2016

Post 26 Feb 2022

The demo sounds so very good. And the manual is a delight. I would expect nothing less from you.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 4048
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Fanboy Shill

Post 26 Feb 2022

NoisiaTHX wrote:
24 Feb 2022
"Due to limitations in the global supply chain and the onset of World War 3, your kit synthesizer package might not look exactly like the product pictures."

Yesterday I thought it was funny, but today...
I'd say it's still funny. We can basically do 2 things when it comes to the state of the world: laugh or cry. I'd rather laugh, even if it turns into uncontrollable cackling of a madman.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 7976
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Imladris

Post 26 Feb 2022

discoman wrote:
23 Feb 2022
Nice one… just one question, why is it over 120mb? A synth like Obsession is even smaller?
Obsession is a fairly incredible emulation of an Oberheim OB-XA, but Richard and Marcin at Synapse Audio are nothing short of brilliant when it comes to their emulations (I'd easily put them on par with Urs/U-He's work). Not sure what Matt did with his Gorilla Engine Transcendent 2000 emulation, but it sounds pretty damn cool IMHO. Between the Solina on my Akai MPC/Force, and now Matt's take on the Powertran Transcendent 2000, my entire Joy Division thirst is finally quenched. Time to bust out some covers! :clap:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

User avatar
raymondh
Posts: 1696
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 27 Feb 2022

Does this require R12 or will it work in R11 too?

I really don't want this, but have a case of FOMO, after years of lusting after that synth kit advertised in the electronics magazine!!

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 8422
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 27 Feb 2022

EnochLight wrote:
26 Feb 2022
discoman wrote:
23 Feb 2022
Nice one… just one question, why is it over 120mb? A synth like Obsession is even smaller?
Obsession is a fairly incredible emulation of an Oberheim OB-XA, but Richard and Marcin at Synapse Audio are nothing short of brilliant when it comes to their emulations (I'd easily put them on par with Urs/U-He's work). Not sure what Matt did with his Gorilla Engine Transcendent 2000 emulation, but it sounds pretty damn cool IMHO. Between the Solina on my Akai MPC/Force, and now Matt's take on the Powertran Transcendent 2000, my entire Joy Division thirst is finally quenched. Time to bust out some covers! :clap:
Now all you need to do is get a really long strap for your bass.
丰2ॐ

HunterTV
Posts: 2
Joined: 24 Oct 2020

Post 28 Feb 2022

This is great but I noticed that none of the knobs are remote mapable, just the switches. Any reason for that or just an oversight?

User avatar
JiggeryPokery
RE Developer
Posts: 1170
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 02 Mar 2022

HunterTV wrote:
28 Feb 2022
This is great but I noticed that none of the knobs are remote mapable, just the switches. Any reason for that or just an oversight?
That is partly incorrect: all of the knobs are still remote mappable via right-click on the knob directly (which weirdly seems to be what a lot of people do: no-one in my circle noticed this until it was picked up by the acceptance team, seems we all right-click - I'd forgotten there even was a main menu panel).

What is true is that doing it via the Override Menu is borked. It was discovered there is an obscure oversight in Reason's Remote menu UI mapping that just happened to affect this device. (Even I didn't really class it as a Reason "bug" in the development sense, tbh, it was just a really obscure use case no-one thought of that Reason doesn't check for; after all, it was only revealed by my particular design choices... ;) ). I could fix it my end but that would be at the expense of other nice things...!

HunterTV
Posts: 2
Joined: 24 Oct 2020

Post 03 Mar 2022

JiggeryPokery wrote:
02 Mar 2022
HunterTV wrote:
28 Feb 2022
This is great but I noticed that none of the knobs are remote mapable, just the switches. Any reason for that or just an oversight?
That is partly incorrect: all of the knobs are still remote mappable via right-click on the knob directly (which weirdly seems to be what a lot of people do: no-one in my circle noticed this until it was picked up by the acceptance team, seems we all right-click - I'd forgotten there even was a main menu panel).

What is true is that doing it via the Override Menu is borked. It was discovered there is an obscure oversight in Reason's Remote menu UI mapping that just happened to affect this device. (Even I didn't really class it as a Reason "bug" in the development sense, tbh, it was just a really obscure use case no-one thought of that Reason doesn't check for; after all, it was only revealed by my particular design choices... ;) ). I could fix it my end but that would be at the expense of other nice things...!
I see, I'll have to give that a try. Yes I do usually enter override mode so I was confused at the lack of mapped items in the UI. Thanks for the reply!

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 3134
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 03 Mar 2022

raymondh wrote:
27 Feb 2022
Does this require R12 or will it work in R11 too?

I really don't want this, but have a case of FOMO, after years of lusting after that synth kit advertised in the electronics magazine!!
I am also curious... no mention of it in manual but I did notice what looks like a combinator 2 device in the second video... so...does this come with straight patches 11 users can use? and or is it all combinator 2 patches which 11 users can not use... I don't usually trial things. If I like what I see I usually buy it.... and I like what I see.... but the whole combinator 2 issue makes me hesitate
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals -

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], MrBlue, Vil and 4 guests