New (Free!) RE: Macro multi model synthesizer

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 3045
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 16 Feb 2022

looks great , sounds great as well :thumbs_up: >>> THANKS :clap:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals -

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 1898
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

Post 16 Feb 2022

:puf_smile: Beautiful!!!!!

THANK YOU!!! :thumbs_up:
r11s

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 10011
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 16 Feb 2022

fieldframe wrote:
15 Feb 2022
Thank you all for the kind words!

And huge thanks to Pongasoft for being a truly awesome partner in this project, believing in my wild idea and persevering when things looked impossible.

I can't wait to see what you all create with Macro!
While you say it....What do you guys think about a community refill project?
Reason12, Win10

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 8006
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 16 Feb 2022

Loque wrote:
16 Feb 2022
fieldframe wrote:
15 Feb 2022
Thank you all for the kind words!

And huge thanks to Pongasoft for being a truly awesome partner in this project, believing in my wild idea and persevering when things looked impossible.

I can't wait to see what you all create with Macro!
While you say it....What do you guys think about a community refill project?
Yeah!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
Skullture
Posts: 573
Joined: 17 Nov 2015

Post 16 Feb 2022

This looks great, can't wait to try it. Kudos for the freebie!

User avatar
Noise
Posts: 422
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: Lisbon

Post 16 Feb 2022

Hello! Thanks the freebie, is awesome!

I've also generated more or less 500 patches for this one, grab it here:
https://noiseshadow.com/Reffils/Macro499.zip

Totally random stuff, use with care.
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

User avatar
chimp_spanner
Posts: 2800
Joined: 06 Mar 2015

Post 16 Feb 2022

Uhhh have you just rendered my Microfreak obsolete? :lol: For real this is great. Really cool, really useful. One question; unless I'm missing something SUPER obvious (and I am on very little sleep) is it not possible to control the amount of envelope to filter?

User avatar
taddx
Posts: 60
Joined: 17 Apr 2016
Location: London

Post 16 Feb 2022

Yay!!

User avatar
pongasoft
RE Developer
Posts: 402
Joined: 21 Apr 2016
Location: Las Vegas

Post 16 Feb 2022

fieldframe wrote:
15 Feb 2022
Thank you all for the kind words!

And huge thanks to Pongasoft for being a truly awesome partner in this project, believing in my wild idea and persevering when things looked impossible.

I can't wait to see what you all create with Macro!
Thank you. It was a lot of work but it was my first instrument so I also learnt a lot of things and basically used this project as a guinea pig for my re-mock testing framework ;)

wowhow
Posts: 55
Joined: 31 May 2018
Location: Nagoya, Japan

Post 16 Feb 2022

Yes. Really. I really enjoyed modulating all the generators. A huge thank you to pongasoft and reason! What an awesome synth.


User avatar
Skullture
Posts: 573
Joined: 17 Nov 2015

Post 16 Feb 2022

Noise wrote:
16 Feb 2022
Hello! Thanks the freebie, is awesome!

I've also generated more or less 500 patches for this one, grab it here:
https://noiseshadow.com/Reffils/Macro499.zip

Totally random stuff, use with care.
It's awesome, but the spread was also automated I think, that why the panning is weird with some patches.
Could you run your script again pretty please :puf_bigsmile: ?

AnotherMathias
Posts: 155
Joined: 29 Sep 2020

Post 16 Feb 2022

Amazing device. I love the minimalism, yet it's very very deep.

A couple of requests though, but involving the envelope:
1. I'd love to be able to turn the release control into a decay control. You know, for all the piano/guitar/marimba type sounds.
2. Release, when set to its shortest setting, is still not very short. A proper short release is good to tighten up a sound, or for organ type sounds.

User avatar
Noise
Posts: 422
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: Lisbon

Post 16 Feb 2022

Skullture wrote:
16 Feb 2022
Noise wrote:
16 Feb 2022
Hello! Thanks the freebie, is awesome!

I've also generated more or less 500 patches for this one, grab it here:
https://noiseshadow.com/Reffils/Macro499.zip

Totally random stuff, use with care.
It's awesome, but the spread was also automated I think, that why the panning is weird with some patches.
Could you run your script again pretty please :puf_bigsmile: ?
No problemo! I agree with your observation. The next refill will be more refined, with 150 patches for each Algorithm, for example.
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

User avatar
FGL
Posts: 356
Joined: 23 Jan 2015

Post 16 Feb 2022

For me the best free Synth Module by far.

User avatar
FGL
Posts: 356
Joined: 23 Jan 2015

Post 16 Feb 2022

Loque wrote:
16 Feb 2022
fieldframe wrote:
15 Feb 2022
Thank you all for the kind words!

And huge thanks to Pongasoft for being a truly awesome partner in this project, believing in my wild idea and persevering when things looked impossible.

I can't wait to see what you all create with Macro!
While you say it....What do you guys think about a community refill project?
Good Idea. I have a almost finished 6 Slot Drumsynth Combi i can contribute.

AnotherMathias
Posts: 155
Joined: 29 Sep 2020

Post 16 Feb 2022

AnotherMathias wrote:
16 Feb 2022
Amazing device. I love the minimalism, yet it's very very deep.

A couple of requests though, but involving the envelope:
1. I'd love to be able to turn the release control into a decay control. You know, for all the piano/guitar/marimba type sounds.
2. Release, when set to its shortest setting, is still not very short. A proper short release is good to tighten up a sound, or for organ type sounds.
Oh, and one more request - a pitch CV input, You know, for basic vibrato and such.

User avatar
cgijoe
Posts: 77
Joined: 13 Mar 2016

Post 16 Feb 2022

Amazing device and congrats. This thing is going to be great for the Reason community at large. I dreamed of someone porting Plaits to Reason and this thing knocks it out of the park.

And re: the cv inputs,. This thing seems to have a great amount. That being said, I love the combinator's possibilities with the device..

Thanks again for this thing. I love the spirit of the project (to learn and make something cool) with an direct altruistic output (giving a tool away for free), that I think will also have larger indirect dividends (getting some Plaits lovers to dip a toe in the Reason playground).

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 7776
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Useless Moderator

Post 16 Feb 2022

fieldframe wrote:
15 Feb 2022
Thank you all for the kind words!

And huge thanks to Pongasoft for being a truly awesome partner in this project, believing in my wild idea and persevering when things looked impossible.

I can't wait to see what you all create with Macro!
Awesome RE man! And it looks fantastic at 240% zoom in all it's high-res glory!


Macro_at_240_zoom.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

User avatar
moofi
Posts: 807
Joined: 19 Jan 2015
Location: hear

Post 16 Feb 2022

Thank you very much, just started playing a bit. :-)

User avatar
Noise
Posts: 422
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: Lisbon

Post 16 Feb 2022

Just finished a new batch of 2400 Randomized sounds for exploration.
There are divided by folders, 150 patches for each oscillator.

You can download it here. It's FREE*, like the synth!
https://payhip.com/b/oDL0X

*You have to provide a email. My only two customers know that I never send emails, i'm a lazy store owner.
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

User avatar
Rising Night Wave
Posts: 791
Joined: 03 Sep 2019
Location: Vransko, Slovenia

Post 16 Feb 2022

i haven't thanked yet for this FREE synth RE: thank you. great from you. i appreciate it. certainly will use it in my music production.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro x64 | Reason 10 | Reason+ | NCH WavePad Masters Edition

Heater
Posts: 667
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 16 Feb 2022

Thank you.

Popey
Posts: 1258
Joined: 04 Jul 2018

Post 16 Feb 2022

Only had a few moments with this but already liking what I have seen so far. Thank you for the generous gift

User avatar
zoidkirb
Posts: 721
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
Location: Brisbane Australia

Post 16 Feb 2022

Thanks for the synth. IMO it's up there with the very top Reason synths, free or paid.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 4 guests