Freebies due to end of 2021?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

Bes
Competition Winner

21 Dec 2021

i use DVC-1 quite often, its a great tool. looking foward to seeing what DEG can do :) thanks ravenherz
- Certified Reason expert

jam-s

21 Dec 2021

Yay, more CV toys to play with! Thanks to Ravenherz

challism

21 Dec 2021

Bes wrote:
21 Dec 2021
i use DVC-1 quite often, its a great tool. looking foward to seeing what DEG can do :) thanks ravenherz
Same here. DVC is great. I'm excited to try and own DEG. Thank you Ravenherz! Much love!!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Despondo
Competition Winner

21 Dec 2021

Thank you!

WOO

21 Dec 2021

Thanks!

Lov2sing

22 Dec 2021

Thanks can’t wait to get from the hospital to try your gift
We make music for a reason

6track

22 Dec 2021

Thanks!

mjxl

28 Dec 2021

Bes wrote:
21 Dec 2021
DEG. IS. AMAZING.

I've bought them long time ago, freaking amazing stuff. I've got a couple of Logic patches for DVC viewtopic.php?p=441844 :o

challism

28 Dec 2021

mjxl wrote:
28 Dec 2021
Bes wrote:
21 Dec 2021
DEG. IS. AMAZING.

I've bought them long time ago, freaking amazing stuff. I've got a couple of Logic patches for DVC viewtopic.php?p=441844 :o
Do either of you have examples of how you are using DEG? There isn't a video in the shop page.

It appears as if both of these ravenherz devices are free... preeminently. Is this true? The text copy of their shop pages have been changed to say "for free" on both devices.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (107.3 KiB) Viewed 3826 times

Bes
Competition Winner

28 Dec 2021

i've found it useful to route the audio from a synth and passthrough to some effect and route the env out to modulate that effect in someway maybe just a dry/wet mostly although i got some gnarly distortion by using both EGs and passing the left and right audio signals through separate foldback units, no examples to share today though. i find the envelope mostly similar to the EG on Pulsar but you can tighten it up to make it a bit furry especially if you change the trigger mode to negative or positive phase
- Certified Reason expert

moneykube

28 Dec 2021

noticed these the other day. Yes. Thank You :thumbs_up:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

mjxl

31 Dec 2021

challism wrote:
28 Dec 2021
Do either of you have examples of how you are using DEG? There isn't a video in the shop page.
Well simple explanation of just pure fast awesomeness:
  • Take Instrument (with mod matrix) or a combinator with anything.
  • Slap DEG behind the instrument.
  • Route the CV into instrument/combinator
  • Modulate an effect/wavetable position/filter
  • Profit.

challism

06 Jan 2022

Bes wrote:
28 Dec 2021
i've found it useful to route the audio from a synth and passthrough to some effect and route the env out to modulate that effect in someway maybe just a dry/wet mostly although i got some gnarly distortion by using both EGs and passing the left and right audio signals through separate foldback units, no examples to share today though. i find the envelope mostly similar to the EG on Pulsar but you can tighten it up to make it a bit furry especially if you change the trigger mode to negative or positive phase
mjxl wrote:
31 Dec 2021
challism wrote:
28 Dec 2021
Well simple explanation of just pure fast awesomeness:
  • Take Instrument (with mod matrix) or a combinator with anything.
  • Slap DEG behind the instrument.
  • Route the CV into instrument/combinator
  • Modulate an effect/wavetable position/filter
  • Profit.
Thanks for the reply. Originally, I thought DEG was some kind of effect and I wasn't hearing any effects from it. But it generates CV-based envelopes from the audio signal fed into it. Pretty ingenious the way it works. Now that I have the hang of how to use it, DEG is really an excellent CV generator. Wow! I've been feeding the output of the first generator into the input of the second generator to get double the enveloping fun!
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (81.27 KiB) Viewed 3466 times
And we are pretty well into 2021 and these two devices are still saying "free" in their descriptions; I think they might be permanently free.

mjxl

08 Jan 2022

challism wrote:
06 Jan 2022
Thanks for the reply. Originally, I thought DEG was some kind of effect and I wasn't hearing any effects from it. But it generates CV-based envelopes from the audio signal fed into it. Pretty ingenious the way it works. Now that I have the hang of how to use it, DEG is really an excellent CV generator. Wow! I've been feeding the output of the first generator into the input of the second generator to get double the enveloping fun!
It is good ey!?

challism

09 Jan 2022

mjxl wrote:
08 Jan 2022
challism wrote:
06 Jan 2022
It is good ey!?
Yes, it's good... better than my video example really demonstrates. And costing ZERO dollars makes it a GREAT deal!

I only wish it had a bypass switch or something for the audio signal. As it is now, I have to route my own audio & CV bypass switches... a small inconvenience, but it would be nice to have that built into the device.

I built this Combi that does the job... and more, you just have to connect the Front8 CV outs:
DEG - Connect Front8 Outs-CM.zip
(5.3 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (278.74 KiB) Viewed 3281 times

moofi

16 Jan 2022

thank you :-)

• Information