Twenty-Six Multi-Band BlueFace EQ by Turn2on in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Adabler
Competition Winner

26 Nov 2021

Promo-Ban.png.10000x10000_q85.jpg
Promo-Ban.png.10000x10000_q85.jpg (88.15 KiB) Viewed 10067 times
Rears.png.10000x10000_q85.png
Rears.png.10000x10000_q85.png (429.46 KiB) Viewed 10067 times
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ueface-eq/

• 26 bands equalizer with flexible Bandwidth control
• BELL / SHELF mode for Low/High band, Shape Contour
• Legend "BlueFace" American design EQ
:reason: 12, Win10

turn2on
RE Developer

26 Nov 2021

Thank you for start topic

Just need to add about by what devices this TWENTY-SIX BAND EQ was been inspired:

MXR DUAL FIFTEEN BAND EQ (BLUEFACE)

MXR THIRTY ONE BAND EQ

In the creation of Twenty-Six multiband EQ we have added a Bandwidth control (which works in range 0.33 … 3 oct), a stereo Input/Output and Special Low/ High band modes.
The lowest and highest bands work in BELL mode by default. Selecting “Shelf” mode provides additional control band contours as morphing between Baxandall (0% contour value) and Notch (> 50% contour value) for the 50Hz and 16kHz bands.

Turn2on Twenty-Six multi-band EQ Rack Extension is a modern take on the “BlueFace” EQs.
It retains the basic functionality and character of the original modules with the addition of some new features.

DaveyG

26 Nov 2021

It's like the 1980's all over again, when everyone need an Amstrad all-in-one system with a graphic equaliser that allowed you to turn every frequency up. Because why would you turn anything down????

Adabler
Competition Winner

26 Nov 2021

turn2on wrote:
26 Nov 2021
Thank you for start topic
You're welcome! Always happy to help out parts of the Reason RE vertebrae!
:reason: 12, Win10

moneykube

26 Nov 2021

awesome... sold
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

moofi

27 Nov 2021

Quite interesting device, thank you. :-)
I especially like the bandwith + lo/hi shelf settings.

Then I noticed when moving or respectively modulating the bands some sort or sizzling is being introduced. Saying at its current state it works for static EQing, not so much for moving bands.

Btw until when does the intro offer last?

turn2on
RE Developer

27 Nov 2021

Intro offer for 1 month ))

It work in range of -20/0/+20 dB, may be you have big steps, try to use shift when moving faders, that helps to moving faders slowly.

moofi

27 Nov 2021

Thank you for the info.
turn2on wrote:
27 Nov 2021

[...]
Yes, the greater range is definitely contributing. At lower ranges (+/- 10) it´s happening less to not at all and it´s also about tempo. Still not sure about what or when it´s happening. Seems to be related to the sourcematerial in some way aswell gonna explore a little further first. It just jumped to perception in comparison to other EQ I so far worked with.

Pleasant device anyway :-)
turn2on wrote:
27 Nov 2021

It work in range of -20/0/+20 dB, may be you have big steps, try to use shift when moving faders, that helps to moving faders slowly.
]

turn2on
RE Developer

28 Nov 2021

we already prepare Classic 12dB band range mode as option in upcoming update, as more authentic range.

turn2on
RE Developer

07 Dec 2021

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ueface-eq/

UPDATE 1.1.0
- Fixed front & rear panels graphic
- New “EQ BAND RANGE MODE” switch, placed at rear panel.
Switch between band range modes: default “WIDE (-20/0/+20 dB)” and authentic “CLASSIC (-12/0/+12 db)”

challism

10 Dec 2021

I'm just trying this device now. It's great for cutting/taming harsh frequencies or boosting others with the precision of a surgeons' scalpel... sounds and looks really nice! The EQ band range selection on the back (classic or wide) is another nice hidden feature. Thanks for putting CV in control over every band... excellent for the CV nerd in me. :) Very deep device, as always, Turn2On. I'm a big fan of your devices.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

artmessiah

10 Dec 2021

Bought instantly - such nostalgia and usefulness.

crimsonwarlock

11 Dec 2021

challism wrote:
10 Dec 2021
Thanks for putting CV in control over every band... excellent for the CV nerd in me. :)
Grab Red Rock Sound's RE 180 Dynamic Driver, I think it is still freely available, and take a look at their video explaining it. It is meant to be used with their own RE 302 Graphic EQ (which I have), but will work fine with BlueFace EQ.

I really like the BlueFace range but have too many alternatives for each of them already. Still might drop cash on the whole range of BlueFaces somewhere in the future as I really like what I see.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

challism

11 Dec 2021

crimsonwarlock wrote:
11 Dec 2021
challism wrote:
10 Dec 2021
Thanks for putting CV in control over every band... excellent for the CV nerd in me. :)
Grab Red Rock Sound's RE 180 Dynamic Driver, I think it is still freely available, and take a look at their video explaining it. It is meant to be used with their own RE 302 Graphic EQ (which I have), but will work fine with BlueFace EQ.

I really like the BlueFace range but have too many alternatives for each of them already. Still might drop cash on the whole range of BlueFaces somewhere in the future as I really like what I see.
Great idea! I picked that up years ago and haven't ever found a great use for it, but this might be perfect! Thanks for the suggestion.
I'm really liking this BlueFace series by Turn2On. I wonder what might be next.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=blueface++mxr ... &ia=images

crimsonwarlock

11 Dec 2021

challism wrote:
11 Dec 2021
Great idea! I picked that up years ago and haven't ever found a great use for it, but this might be perfect! Thanks for the suggestion.

The combination basically gives you an infinitely flexible dynamic EQ, where you can side chain frequency bands in your EQ.
challism wrote:
11 Dec 2021
I wonder what might be next.
Me too :D I bet the whole series is getting more tempting with every addition. Maybe a nice package deal later on when he has the series complete :thumbup:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

challism

11 Dec 2021

crimsonwarlock wrote:
11 Dec 2021
challism wrote:
11 Dec 2021

The combination basically gives you an infinitely flexible dynamic EQ, where you can side chain frequency bands in your EQ.
If anybody has any screenshots or videos showing how they are running 180 Driver with 26EQ... I'd be really interested to see it. I'm really not sure what to do, exactly.

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (507.4 KiB) Viewed 9345 times

moalla

11 Dec 2021

I’m really interested how it sounds, I‘ve bought a relativ new used dbx 231 Dual EQ, so i would make a comparison between the hardware and Turn2on‘s device
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

turn2on
RE Developer

11 Dec 2021

Interesting idea to test it with Dynamic Driver RE

To compare 26EQ with dbx, need to know that 26EQ have 20/12 dB selectable range as option, when dbx have 12/6 dB selection
May be later I try to add 6dB too.

MXR EQs work at bandwidth near to 1 octave: 0.85–0.95 octave bandwidth.
26EQ have selectable range 1/3 - 3 octave range
Dbx as remember is about 1/3 oct

@challism, you can use Dynamic Range as EnvFollower of any other signal for active dynamic bands of EQ on the main signal, like a sidechain

crimsonwarlock

12 Dec 2021

challism wrote:
11 Dec 2021
If anybody has any screenshots or videos showing how they are running 180 Driver with 26EQ... I'd be really interested to see it. I'm really not sure what to do, exactly.
The way I see it, Dynamic Driver is basically a set of compressors that don't compress anything and only deliver side-chain signals. Use it where you normally would use a compressor with a side-chain output, and several of those to control (for example) several frequency bands individually instead of the full audio.

So for example, you can route your bass drum into a Driver segment, and control a specific frequency band in your EQ to duck the spectrum of something else. This gives you a side-chained dynamic EQ. Put a parametric EQ on your source signal, and you get even more control over the resulting effect.

Did you look at the Driver video?

-------

Arrant
Competition Winner

12 Dec 2021

Would it be possible to change it so that you can "draw" EQ curves while holding the left mouse button and moving sideways? It takes a lot of effort to move multiple bands to create a curve.

Also, I would prefer it if the fader positions don't change (but are scaled) while switching between 12 and 20db modes

turn2on
RE Developer

22 Jan 2022

@ Arrant
To draw curves, need to change GUI from faders elements to custom display. may be later we change this.
When you switching between 20/12 dB, you switch between two various parameters.
Reason cant set control with one GUI element for two various parameters with own range limitations.
First parameter have range -20..+20dB, second -12..+12dB and possible solution to set for all of them value as -100..0..+100%. In this way - is possible to use the same faders for 12 or 20dB parameters. But this is not comfort to set in %.

moneykube

22 Jan 2022

turn2on wrote:
22 Jan 2022
UPDATE 1.1.1
- More smoothing for EQ low band gain

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/product_page/20611/
thanks for the update !
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

mrzplinter

23 Jan 2022

hi @turn2on,
nice device and already bought it :thumbup:
Is your RE coloring the signal?
thx in advance

integerpoet

23 Jan 2022

DaveyG wrote:
26 Nov 2021
It's like the 1980's all over again, when everyone need an Amstrad all-in-one system with a graphic equaliser that allowed you to turn every frequency up. Because why would you turn anything down????
Even as a pre-teen in the late 1970s, I was cutting low mids in an attempt to compensate for the muddiness of mediocre single-driver speakers. I had no idea how to put that into words — or even that it was back-asswards to have a dedicated stand-alone graphic EQ gatekeeping crappy speakers.

• Information