Synapse Audio Black Friday Sale (up to 60% off ) - not only FX anymore

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
User avatar
moofi
Posts: 389
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 21 Nov 2021

Last edited by moofi on 21 Nov 2021, edited 2 times in total.

crimsonwarlock
Posts: 34
Joined: 06 Nov 2021

Post 21 Nov 2021

It seems that Obsession is never on sale. I'm still hoping though......

User avatar
dvdrtldg
Posts: 1708
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 21 Nov 2021

Why isn't the AF-4 filter included? It's the best of the bunch

EDIT: Oh OK, it's there now
Last edited by dvdrtldg on 21 Nov 2021, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
moofi
Posts: 389
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 21 Nov 2021

Was wondering aswell.
dvdrtldg wrote:
21 Nov 2021
Why isn't the AF-4 filter included? It's the best of the bunch

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 3259
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Fanboy Shill

Post 21 Nov 2021

crimsonwarlock wrote:
21 Nov 2021
It seems that Obsession is never on sale. I'm still hoping though......
Maybe it's still too new for them to consider a discount? Hold out hope. The older it gets, the better the chances of it going on sale. I'm also waiting for it to go on sale. But the good news is, I don't have to wrestle with the option of buying Obsession or not... I can spend my $ on something else and keep waiting.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.
Image
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
raymondh
Posts: 1555
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 21 Nov 2021

I just looked and Obsession and AF-4 are both included in the sale!

Not that it matters to me, I own pretty much everything from Synapse and use most of them frequently!

Anyone who hasn't got Antidote surely should pick it up immediately at the sale price!!

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 3259
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Fanboy Shill

Post 21 Nov 2021

raymondh wrote:
21 Nov 2021
I just looked and Obsession and AF-4 are both included in the sale!

Not that it matters to me, I own pretty much everything from Synapse and use most of them frequently!

Anyone who hasn't got Antidote surely should pick it up immediately at the sale price!!
That's weird. They weren't in the sale a few hours ago... now they are. Good news!
crimsonwarlock wrote:
21 Nov 2021
It seems that Obsession is never on sale. I'm still hoping though......

Check the shop!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.
Image
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

crimsonwarlock
Posts: 34
Joined: 06 Nov 2021

Post 22 Nov 2021

challism wrote:
21 Nov 2021
Check the shop!
Yep, saw it. Was hoping for a more substantial discount, as I don't really need it, but it does sound sweet. I'm going to look over the week where my money can go and if nothing else triggers my interest I might go for it.

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 3259
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Fanboy Shill

Post 22 Nov 2021

crimsonwarlock wrote:
22 Nov 2021
challism wrote:
21 Nov 2021
Check the shop!
Yep, saw it. Was hoping for a more substantial discount, as I don't really need it, but it does sound sweet. I'm going to look over the week where my money can go and if nothing else triggers my interest I might go for it.
I'm going to hold off in hopes of a more substantial discount than $20. Ekss Sadist and a few other REs (offering 50% discounts) are calling my name.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.
Image
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
RandomNoise
Posts: 86
Joined: 01 Oct 2021

Post 22 Nov 2021

Been obsessed (pun intended) about getting Obsession for long time now since it came out and I'm not disappointed! Just like The Legend, this thing is FAT and juicy!!! :D

Heater
Posts: 550
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 22 Nov 2021

Deep reverb is an amazing reverb. Totally worth getting.

User avatar
moofi
Posts: 389
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 22 Nov 2021

For those on Reason 12, I can very much recommend Slow.Robot´s (or guitfnky´s) "Deep Smear" Combinator. :thumbs_up:
It contains two DR-1 in parallel with different time settings making use of an inverted phasecancellation effect leading into a much smoother reverb attack. Brilliant idea, well executed. :clap:

It bascially replaced standard DR-1 here. It just sounds so much smoother. I exteneded its smear time or respectively the delay time range to fit the original though.
On top it delivers hi/low boost and an increased modulation effect (hardly hearable with the original).

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=7525202&p=580786&h ... ar#p580786

Heater wrote:
22 Nov 2021
Deep reverb is an amazing reverb. Totally worth getting.

rootwheel
Posts: 135
Joined: 21 Aug 2021

Post 22 Nov 2021

Looks like the only one not discounted now is The Legend...

User avatar
moofi
Posts: 389
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 22 Nov 2021

Potentially it´s coming into the shop with a delay like the newly added instruments + fx. (?)
rootwheel wrote:
22 Nov 2021
Looks like the only one not discounted now is The Legend...

User avatar
Pepin
Posts: 213
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 22 Nov 2021

Anyone know if the RE version of Obsession lets you copy-paste and randomize voice adjustments like the VST version?
And is there some way to convert patches between the RE and VST?

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 9549
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 22 Nov 2021

Pepin wrote:
22 Nov 2021
Anyone know if the RE version of Obsession lets you copy-paste and randomize voice adjustments like the VST version?
And is there some way to convert patches between the RE and VST?
No, the randomizer is not available in the RE. Thats a bit weird. Maybe an oversight.

No idea about the patches. I found something in the changelog indicating a fix for the export. Never tried.
Reason12, Win10

User avatar
RandomNoise
Posts: 86
Joined: 01 Oct 2021

Post 22 Nov 2021

Anyone knows if there is a cross-grade with the vst for Obsession like with The Legend? Synapse were generous enough to send me the vst of The Legend for free back then because I've purchased the RE version in the past

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 9549
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 22 Nov 2021

RandomNoise wrote:
22 Nov 2021
Anyone knows if there is a cross-grade with the vst for Obsession like with The Legend? Synapse were generous enough to send me the vst of The Legend for free back then because I've purchased the RE version in the past
Heard about it, yes, there should be one. Never really followed it, since i have the RE versions and that is enough for me atm. You may ask SA support before you make decisions. Maybe you get them to write something here, so the question will be answered for all.
Reason12, Win10

User avatar
Pepin
Posts: 213
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 22 Nov 2021

Loque wrote:
22 Nov 2021
No, the randomizer is not available in the RE. Thats a bit weird. Maybe an oversight.

No idea about the patches. I found something in the changelog indicating a fix for the export. Never tried.
Thanks, I at least found this in the VST manual:
Obsession also allows you to import and export patches in Rack Extension format (.repatch), in order to interchange patches between the Reason Rack Extension and .fxp format.
So in a pinch, I guess you could export to VST for the voice adjustments and then reimport.
RandomNoise wrote:
22 Nov 2021
Anyone knows if there is a cross-grade with the vst for Obsession like with The Legend? Synapse were generous enough to send me the vst of The Legend for free back then because I've purchased the RE version in the past
Yes, I just asked them when the sale showed up, and crossgrades are free.

User avatar
RandomNoise
Posts: 86
Joined: 01 Oct 2021

Post 22 Nov 2021

Loque wrote:
22 Nov 2021
RandomNoise wrote:
22 Nov 2021
Anyone knows if there is a cross-grade with the vst for Obsession like with The Legend? Synapse were generous enough to send me the vst of The Legend for free back then because I've purchased the RE version in the past
Heard about it, yes, there should be one. Never really followed it, since i have the RE versions and that is enough for me atm.
The reason it will be great for me to have the vst as well is because of the integration with NI Maschine with the NKS :-)

User avatar
RandomNoise
Posts: 86
Joined: 01 Oct 2021

Post 22 Nov 2021

Pepin wrote:
22 Nov 2021
Loque wrote:
22 Nov 2021
No, the randomizer is not available in the RE. Thats a bit weird. Maybe an oversight.

No idea about the patches. I found something in the changelog indicating a fix for the export. Never tried.
Thanks, I at least found this in the VST manual:
Obsession also allows you to import and export patches in Rack Extension format (.repatch), in order to interchange patches between the Reason Rack Extension and .fxp format.
So in a pinch, I guess you could export to VST for the voice adjustments and then reimport.
RandomNoise wrote:
22 Nov 2021
Anyone knows if there is a cross-grade with the vst for Obsession like with The Legend? Synapse were generous enough to send me the vst of The Legend for free back then because I've purchased the RE version in the past
Yes, I just asked them when the sale showed up, and crossgrades are free.
Awesome! thanks for sharing :thumbup:

MattLeschuck
Posts: 91
Joined: 05 Oct 2018

Post 22 Nov 2021

RandomNoise wrote:
22 Nov 2021
Anyone knows if there is a cross-grade with the vst for Obsession like with The Legend? Synapse were generous enough to send me the vst of The Legend for free back then because I've purchased the RE version in the past
I just purchased the RE version earlier this morning and got the VST version after emailing in to Synapse.

User avatar
Skullture
Posts: 561
Joined: 17 Nov 2015

Post 23 Nov 2021

I got Fat Space, and it's so weird, I love it. Works great as a combo with deep reverb (to make Impace FX).

User avatar
raymondh
Posts: 1555
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 23 Nov 2021

Skullture wrote:
23 Nov 2021
I got Fat Space, and it's so weird, I love it. Works great as a combo with deep reverb (to make Impace FX).
Yeah it's great like you say with the Deep Reverb combo.

Fat space is also excellent on drums to fatten them up, or to make gated-reverb type effects.

DJMaytag
Posts: 398
Joined: 17 Jun 2015
Location: Madison, WI

Post 23 Nov 2021

How is the RE-160 compared to Waves dbx160? Anywhere near the ballpark?

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 3 guests