News from Noise Engineering: free REs, new/updated REs

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
User avatar
artotaku
Posts: 616
Joined: 09 May 2015
Location: Munich, Germany

Post 18 Nov 2021

Gotta chime in to say thank you! NE REs are amongst my most used synths. Raw, digital, unexpected and crazy.

One of my latest tracks features 100 % NE REs:

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 9540
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 18 Nov 2021

Pretty everything in this release is great and well done by NE. Thank you very much!

Also a big thank you to the generative Panda!

β€οΈπŸ‘πŸ’ͺ
Reason12, Win10

User avatar
Exowildebeest
Posts: 1539
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 18 Nov 2021

Feels like christmas came early! Incredibly cool gifts. Plural! I half thought it was a bug in the shop :clap:

rootwheel
Posts: 132
Joined: 21 Aug 2021

Post 18 Nov 2021

rcbuse wrote: ↑
18 Nov 2021
These things are awesome. Lectric Panda Refills are available as well!
LP, quick query; your two legacy ReFills for NE:

Lectric Panda vs Noise Engineering
Lectric Panda vs Noise Engineering Vol 2

Do these now contain patches for devices that are no longer available on the store for customers new to NE - or are the new devices backwards compatible with your older patches?
Last edited by rootwheel on 18 Nov 2021, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
WasteLand
Posts: 106
Joined: 04 Jun 2018

Post 18 Nov 2021

it is me, a little bit confused.

i own both bundles, 1 & 2, of course.

i see 3 RE's grayed out, that are the ones from bundle 1, i believe..

does this mean, if i own bundle 1, the 3 new (not free) RE's, i get as an 'update'?

by the way, great that you also made the VST's, available as free RE's.

i use the Noise Engineering 'modules' quite a lot.... a great factor, that holds me on to Reason... another factors are also important, but still i like them as RE's...
Win 10 Pro. R11 suite + R12. Nektar Panorama p1. Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 Gb, 2xNVMe, 2xSSD, 1xHD, gtx 1060 6gb. Cubase Pro 11, Bitwig Studio 4, Reaper 6.x, Ableton Live 11 Suite.

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

https://soundcloud.com/user-873737123

sycon
Posts: 43
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 18 Nov 2021

Many thanks for the free rack extensions and for supporting the RE platform :)

User avatar
NoiseEng
RE Developer
Posts: 43
Joined: 17 May 2018
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Post 18 Nov 2021

WasteLand wrote: ↑
18 Nov 2021
it is me, a little bit confused.

i own both bundles, 1 & 2, of course.

i see 3 RE's grayed out, that are the ones from bundle 1, i believe..

does this mean, if i own bundle 1, the 3 new (not free) RE's, i get as an 'update'?

by the way, great that you also made the VST's, available as free RE's.

i use the Noise Engineering 'modules' quite a lot.... a great factor, that holds me on to Reason... another factors are also important, but still i like them as RE's...
Are you saying that the Basimilus Iteritas and Cursus Iteritas Vereor no longer work for you? If so, this was not the intent and I'll work with Reason on this right away. Please confirm -- I believe I was told that removing them from the store would not remove them from racks.

You will get the new versions separately, but the shop admin needs to run a separate script to make that happen since these are not a plain update and as explained at the top of the thread, they will not replace the old ones in your rack, you'll just get a new, second version.
Kris
Noise Engineering
Doer of the Things
Two of Six

rootwheel
Posts: 132
Joined: 21 Aug 2021

Post 18 Nov 2021

NoiseEng wrote: ↑
18 Nov 2021
I believe I was told that removing them from the store would not remove them from racks.

You will get the new versions separately, but the shop admin needs to run a separate script to make that happen since these are not a plain update and as explained at the top of the thread, they will not replace the old ones in your rack, you'll just get a new, second version.
Thanks so much for these amazing REs, so good!

I had planned on buying both of your Synth Bundles at the end of this month but the bundles are gone now and three of the products have been superseded.

A few quick questions: is it your intention to upgrade the other devices in due course as well? I much prefer the look of these new devices to the older aesthetic :)

Would it be best for me to buy all your new REs now and then wait until the other 2018 devices get the 2021 treatment also - or if I get the 2018 devices now will there be free updates once they're updated to the 2021 look?

One final question: as per my query to Lectric Panda further up, are saved patches made using the now superseded products compatible with the new 2021 versions or are the .repatch files not compatible at all?

User avatar
NoiseEng
RE Developer
Posts: 43
Joined: 17 May 2018
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Post 18 Nov 2021

rootwheel wrote: ↑
18 Nov 2021
NoiseEng wrote: ↑
18 Nov 2021
I believe I was told that removing them from the store would not remove them from racks.

You will get the new versions separately, but the shop admin needs to run a separate script to make that happen since these are not a plain update and as explained at the top of the thread, they will not replace the old ones in your rack, you'll just get a new, second version.
Thanks so much for these amazing REs, so good!

I had planned on buying both of your Synth Bundles at the end of this month but the bundles are gone now and three of the products have been superseded.

A few quick questions: is it your intention to upgrade the other devices in due course as well? I much prefer the look of these new devices to the older aesthetic :)

Would it be best for me to buy all your new REs now and then wait until the other 2018 devices get the 2021 treatment also - or if I get the 2018 devices now will there be free updates once they're updated to the 2021 look?

One final question: as per my query to Lectric Panda further up, are saved patches made using the now superseded products compatible with the new 2021 versions or are the .repatch files not compatible at all?
Hello!

Yes, we will be slowly updating other devices, but we may not do all and we definitely won't get to all of them for a while (see my initial message about there being a period of awkward). The goal, again, is to align things to plugin releases and smooth out a pipeline to eventually get more things out faster. You can do with this information what you would like. :)

The updates will have the new look, will all sound slightly different, but will not be reverse compatible for patches, so this is why we are working with Reason to give early adopters access to the new ones without just replacing them. We don't want to break your old patches, but we want you to be able to get the goods, and it seems like a jerk move to ask you to pay for it again.
Kris
Noise Engineering
Doer of the Things
Two of Six

User avatar
WasteLand
Posts: 106
Joined: 04 Jun 2018

Post 18 Nov 2021

NoiseEng wrote: ↑
18 Nov 2021
WasteLand wrote: ↑
18 Nov 2021
it is me, a little bit confused.

i own both bundles, 1 & 2, of course.

i see 3 RE's grayed out, that are the ones from bundle 1, i believe..

does this mean, if i own bundle 1, the 3 new (not free) RE's, i get as an 'update'?

by the way, great that you also made the VST's, available as free RE's.

i use the Noise Engineering 'modules' quite a lot.... a great factor, that holds me on to Reason... another factors are also important, but still i like them as RE's...
Are you saying that the Basimilus Iteritas and Cursus Iteritas Vereor no longer work for you? If so, this was not the intent and I'll work with Reason on this right away. Please confirm -- I believe I was told that removing them from the store would not remove them from racks.

You will get the new versions separately, but the shop admin needs to run a separate script to make that happen since these are not a plain update and as explained at the top of the thread, they will not replace the old ones in your rack, you'll just get a new, second version.
o sorry, i see it only in my account that they are greyed out, which is normal, i didn't check Reason yet, it is only installed in my studio. i will check, but i think they will stay there...
i have on other RE, other developer greyed out, and installed on my new system, so... i was confused, and added more confusement...

my confusement was already settled, great show! nice to have also the new versions and the old...

as i already said, i really really like them, use them a lot, great for experimental music.. i have also the free VST versions, but i prefer the RE's, they act more like a 'module', it is more a matter of what are used, then something else. VST's you can modulate also.... even audio rate, if they can handle it...

i repeat; was only talking about my account, the modules of bundle 1 are greyed out, but i will expect to see them in Reason. i can check tomorrow..

sorry for the confusement.

and thanks! for free ones, and the great update policy!

i work totally ITB, also with soft modulars, a lot by the way, perhaps that is also the reason (always that word...) me like the RE's better, i can host them... well VST's of course, also. well now i am babbling...

exciting!! what the new versions will bring, and like also that the old ones are still available.

and, i am afraid, if there comes a new bundle, i will buy it... Noise Engineering works quite well, extremely well with my kind of music. of course patches from scratches...

enough!!
Win 10 Pro. R11 suite + R12. Nektar Panorama p1. Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 Gb, 2xNVMe, 2xSSD, 1xHD, gtx 1060 6gb. Cubase Pro 11, Bitwig Studio 4, Reaper 6.x, Ableton Live 11 Suite.

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

https://soundcloud.com/user-873737123

Mataya
Posts: 265
Joined: 03 May 2019

Post 18 Nov 2021

Great stuff from great guys(and gals). Thanks!

M

User avatar
fieldframe
Posts: 1006
Joined: 19 Apr 2016

Post 18 Nov 2021

I've said it before, but I simply love how Noise Engineering REs fit the Reason ethos: They're more standalone than most Eurorack modules, in that you can do plenty with one by itself, yet they are highly modular-friendly and reward getting deep into creative routing. That's basically the Reason philosophy in a nutshell.

This also leads to my one criticism: They're so big! In some cases, this is partially justified by the number of CV jacks on the back panel, but regardless, it can be a bit of a drag when you're building a complex device chain and you can't see everything all at once. If the knobs and spacing were just a little closer to standard Reason size, it would make those situations easier to navigate without as much scrolling and expanding/collapsing.

In any case, big thanks for the generously free devices and the continued support of a great platform.
The Iron Law of Reason forums: All topics eventually turn into feature request threads; the only difference is how many posts it takes.

User avatar
BumCuddle
Posts: 72
Joined: 26 Jul 2021

Post 18 Nov 2021

Brilliant thanks! :thumbup:
Do I detect a music challenge with these?

Image

User avatar
dvdrtldg
Posts: 1706
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 18 Nov 2021

Lovely stuff. Especially the FX... just been playing around with Ruina and Desmoda together, holy sheeeeeit what a beautiful noise

User avatar
rgdaniel
Posts: 505
Joined: 07 Sep 2017
Location: Canada

Post 18 Nov 2021

Thank you NE and LP for the freebies!
Maybe I'll actually get something done, with some new toys now.

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 1710
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

Post 18 Nov 2021

dvdrtldg wrote: ↑
18 Nov 2021
Lovely stuff. Especially the FX... just been playing around with Ruina and Desmoda together, holy sheeeeeit what a beautiful noise
Ruina is my new baby. :puf_smile:

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 3256
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Fanboy Shill

Post 18 Nov 2021

rcbuse wrote: ↑
18 Nov 2021
These things are awesome. Lectric Panda Refills are available as well!

Lectric Panda Generates Basimilus.rfl (2M) [NEW]
Lectric Panda Generates Basimilus v Beatmap.rfl (23M) [NEW]
Lectric Panda Generates Cursus Vereor.rfl (4M) [NEW]
Lectric Panda Generates Desmodus.rfl (2M) [NEW]
Lectric Panda Generates Ruina.rfl (2M) [NEW]
Lectric Panda Generates Sinc Vereor.rfl (3M) [NEW]
Lectric Panda Generates Virt Vereor.rfl (4M) [NEW]


Download Here

Shot of the Basimilus Combinator
BeatManBasimilus.jpg
Thanks for these refills, Rob! Awesome! I'm particularly excited to see that Beatmap folder is full of 1000 patches!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.
Image
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 2848
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 18 Nov 2021

taddx wrote: ↑
18 Nov 2021
I purchased the synth bundle 1 last week and its amazing.. now the freebies - great stuff!!
WasteLand wrote: ↑
18 Nov 2021
it is me, a little bit confused.
i see 3 RE's grayed out, that are the ones from bundle 1, i believe..
does this mean, if i own bundle 1, the 3 new (not free) RE's, i get as an 'update'?
Basimilus video mentions a bundle 1 for the 3 new ones... says there is a link to the bundle... I do not see the link...anyone have said link or has bundle gone away? THANKS for the freebees and thank you Panda
edit "If you already own some of the NE REs, you may notice that a couple of familiar names have an updated look and a slightly different sound. You should be getting the new versions as free upgrades shortly!" hmmmm sounds cool. Does this mean Basimilus will be a free upgrade if I own Basimilus Iteritas Vereor, Cursus Iteritas Vereor,Manis Iteritas Vereor,and Sinc Iter Vereor 2018,10.15????( or just a new download of the new ones)>>>Before I hit the purchase button, I thought I should double check this. I did buy the original bundle 1>I do understand Desmodus is a different animal but I am also confused.
Last edited by moneykube on 18 Nov 2021, edited 4 times in total.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals -

User avatar
Neo
Posts: 214
Joined: 21 May 2015
Location: Melbourne Australia

Post 18 Nov 2021

Bundle 1 was an instant purchase on release.
Look forward to the updated REs.
Capture.JPG
Time to check out Desmodus and Cursus Vereor Cheers NE

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desmodus
https://www.latin-is-simple.com/en/voca ... verb/6897/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 👭 R12 | i7 | RME

User avatar
Zac
Posts: 1770
Joined: 19 May 2016

Post 18 Nov 2021

Thanks for these, very much appreciated.

User avatar
Neo
Posts: 214
Joined: 21 May 2015
Location: Melbourne Australia

Post 18 Nov 2021


Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 👭 R12 | i7 | RME

User avatar
NoiseEng
RE Developer
Posts: 43
Joined: 17 May 2018
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Post 18 Nov 2021

moneykube wrote: ↑
18 Nov 2021
taddx wrote: ↑
18 Nov 2021
I purchased the synth bundle 1 last week and its amazing.. now the freebies - great stuff!!
WasteLand wrote: ↑
18 Nov 2021
it is me, a little bit confused.
i see 3 RE's grayed out, that are the ones from bundle 1, i believe..
does this mean, if i own bundle 1, the 3 new (not free) RE's, i get as an 'update'?
Basimilus video mentions a bundle 1 for the 3 new ones... says there is a link to the bundle... I do not see the link...anyone have said link or has bundle gone away? THANKS for the freebees and thank you Panda
edit "If you already own some of the NE REs, you may notice that a couple of familiar names have an updated look and a slightly different sound. You should be getting the new versions as free upgrades shortly!" hmmmm sounds cool. Does this mean Basimilus will be a free upgrade if I own Basimilus Iteritas Vereor, Cursus Iteritas Vereor,Manis Iteritas Vereor,and Sinc Iter Vereor 2018,10.15????( or just a new download of the new ones)>>>Before I hit the purchase button, I thought I should double check this. I did buy the original bundle 1>I do understand Desmodus is a different animal but I am also confused.
Hi there,
The bundle page is not posted yet -- we're hoping the Reason team can get to it soon, but as you can imagine, they are extremely busy getting ready for Black Friday. Please be patient and I'm sure it will be posted as soon as they can get it done. (I don't know how much visibility there is among the forum users, but as a dev, I can build pages for individual products, but I can't build a bundle page, or even see them in the back end. Bundles exist only as an entity within the Reason side of things, so I have zero control over a lot of that side of things.) That said, the shop folks have been amazingly helpful through all of this (and our time difference makes communication slow since we're in California) so I can only say the best possible things about them. :) They are slogging through their workload right now and will also get to the licenses for everyone.

Specifics (apologies, I should have spelled this out in the initial post):
Basimilus is free to owners of Basimilus Iteritas.
Cursus Vereor is free to owners of Cursus Iteritas Vereor.
Desmodus is new so is not a freebie.

Does that clear it up?
Kris
Noise Engineering
Doer of the Things
Two of Six

User avatar
RandomNoise
Posts: 86
Joined: 01 Oct 2021

Post 18 Nov 2021

Whhhhhhhoooooaaaa super nice NE! And thank you so much for the free stuff!! I already have most of your amazing racks and very happy to see more updates/new stuff coming! :clap: :D

User avatar
zoidkirb
Posts: 703
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
Location: Brisbane Australia

Post 18 Nov 2021

Awesome! I had these as VST but am much happier having them as RE. Gonna go very well with the NE bundle I already have.

User avatar
Faastwalker
Posts: 2049
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 18 Nov 2021

This is awesome. Thanks, NE :thumbup:

On a side note - I bought the BIA Eurorack module a couple of months back. It's the most insane and fun module I've got. Amazingly good :D

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 5 guests