Lectric Panda sale this week. 30% off Aggregate and other REs.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
rcbuse
RE Developer

10 Nov 2021

Lectric Panda Sale

Ends Nov 14th.
While supplies last!

PandaSale.jpg
PandaSale.jpg (91.66 KiB) Viewed 2690 times

RoryM0

10 Nov 2021

I'm only missing quad dynamics from my panda collection. May as well pick it up :)

StephenHutchinson

10 Nov 2021

Thanks so much for the sale... Just bought the PSQ-1684, DYN-4, and Aggregate Music System
today... Always amazing stuff!
Last edited by StephenHutchinson on 10 Nov 2021, edited 1 time in total.
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Nov 2021

RoryM0 wrote: ↑
10 Nov 2021
I'm only missing quad dynamics from my panda collection. May as well pick it up :)
Same here.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

Emian

10 Nov 2021

THX panda!

after years of fiddling with Korde + Scales & Chords i finally bought Kompulsion.

My Elektron devices are very happy with the hook-up! ;)

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

dvdrtldg

10 Nov 2021

MrFigg wrote: ↑
10 Nov 2021
RoryM0 wrote: ↑
10 Nov 2021
Same here.
Holy shit it's good. If you never thought you'd want a Ramdomize button on a compressor, get ready to change your mind

MattLeschuck

10 Nov 2021

Definitely snagging mDSQ and Nostromo. I just recently came across this synth and it is really good! Quick and easy to get great sounds.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Nov 2021

dvdrtldg wrote: ↑
10 Nov 2021
10 Nov 2021

Same here.
Holy shit it's good. If you never thought you'd want a Ramdomize button on a compressor, get ready to change your mind
What does that sound like then?

Same as 4dyne?
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ion/4dyne/

Going to buy it either way anyway just cos he’s a good guy.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

dvdrtldg

11 Nov 2021

Different beast to 4Dyne, which is more a mastering tool. Quad Dynamics is better suited to quick & creative slamming

Loque

11 Nov 2021

11 Nov 2021
Different beast to 4Dyne, which is more a mastering tool. Quad Dynamics is better suited to quick & creative slamming
I always hoped for a UI improvement of Quad Dynamics, so a dummy like me can make more out of it. I am always struggling with the different modes, the signal path and splitting.
Reason12, Win10

Ottostrom

11 Nov 2021

11 Nov 2021

Same as 4dyne?

Big difference between 4Dyne and DYN-4 is that 4Dyne splits the signal and send the different bands to their respective processing, while DYN-4 sends both bands through the same four processing effects.
So in DYN-4 you're not able to (for example) just send the low band to a compressor without also sending the high band to it as well.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Nov 2021

Ottostrom wrote: ↑
11 Nov 2021
11 Nov 2021

Same as 4dyne?

Big difference between 4Dyne and DYN-4 is that 4Dyne splits the signal and send the different bands to their respective processing, while DYN-4 sends both bands through the same four processing effects.
So in DYN-4 you're not able to (for example) just send the low band to a compressor without also sending the high band to it as well.
Thanks. So 4Dyne is more versatile in that sense?
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

Ottostrom

11 Nov 2021

11 Nov 2021
11 Nov 2021

Thanks. So 4Dyne is more versatile in that sense?
In the multiband department at least!
But their use case wouldn't really be the same anyways. I don't own DYN-4 but I can see how it would be useful for more creative shaping, with all the processing being in serial so the next step reacts differently depending on what the previous step does to the signal.

rcbuse
RE Developer

11 Nov 2021

11 Nov 2021
11 Nov 2021

Same as 4dyne?

Just updated DYN4 with a hold parameter. I think I might also add a mode where the splitter sends each low and high into two separate processors, instead of 4 parallel.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Nov 2021

rcbuse wrote: ↑
11 Nov 2021
11 Nov 2021

Just updated DYN4 with a hold parameter. I think I might also add a mode where the splitter sends each low and high into two separate processors, instead of 4 parallel.
What’s the hold parameter for?
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

Ottostrom

11 Nov 2021

11 Nov 2021
Nice! That feature would be great to have :thumbs_up:
Btw I checked the new picture on the shop page and it looks like the knobs are not evenly spaced.
Atk, Hold and Rel have indicators that are overlapping:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 17.13.15.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 17.13.15.png (105.55 KiB) Viewed 2203 times

Loque

11 Nov 2021

11 Nov 2021
11 Nov 2021
Nice! That feature would be great to have :thumbs_up:
Btw I checked the new picture on the shop page and it looks like the knobs are not evenly spaced.
Atk, Hold and Rel have indicators that are overlapping:
Yea, i saw that too. They were squeezed to fit :-D

Nevertheless, thanks for the added feature, Panda :thumbup:
Reason12, Win10

gribbly

11 Nov 2021

Can someone explain Aggregate to me? I'm interested in generative stuff, but I found the video in the prop shop (excuse me, Reason Studios Add-on Shop =]) pretty underwhelming:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... sic-system

What's cool about Aggregate? I want to be convinced because I generally like generative/random toys...
Reason 12 | Win 11 | gribbly.org | https://spoti.fi/39m1izC

dvdrtldg

11 Nov 2021

I'm also interested in generative music, but I couldn't get to like Aggregate. Trial it for yourself, but for me there's just too much interface, too much maths between my input and the musical output. Amazing piece of software, but I couldn't get it to produce anything that I liked

I much prefer setting up generative systems using simpler elements - CV, LFOs, combinators, other Players. The results can be as deep & complex as you like, but I find it easier to control & keep track of each step of the process than faffing around with numerical input & endless menus

Just my experience of course, others have been raving about this RE

challism

12 Nov 2021

11 Nov 2021
I'm also interested in generative music, but I couldn't get to like Aggregate. Trial it for yourself, but for me there's just too much interface, too much maths between my input and the musical output. Amazing piece of software, but I couldn't get it to produce anything that I liked

I much prefer setting up generative systems using simpler elements - CV, LFOs, combinators, other Players. The results can be as deep & complex as you like, but I find it easier to control & keep track of each step of the process than faffing around with numerical input & endless menus

Just my experience of course, others have been raving about this RE
Perhaps Evolution is a better fit for you. Good advice to just try it and see. The complexity of AMS can be dialed way back, by disabling some of the section and simplifying it. It can be very simple or very complex, which is something I really like about it.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

challism

12 Nov 2021

gribbly wrote: ↑
11 Nov 2021
Can someone explain Aggregate to me? I'm interested in generative stuff, but I found the video in the prop shop (excuse me, Reason Studios Add-on Shop =]) pretty underwhelming:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... sic-system

What's cool about Aggregate? I want to be convinced because I generally like generative/random toys...
I just posted this (below) in a similar thread. You might want to keep an eye on that thread and see what gets posted. You might find some good tips. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7525603

There are basically 2 sections of note generation in AMS. The melody (blue) and the accompaniment (dark orange). They both have "on" buttons. I would suggest turning one of them off and just playing with the parameters of the other one to get an understanding of what it's doing. I would suggest right clicking and selecting "reset device" to start off with the most basic parameters to figure out the device.

That's the most basic introduction to get AMS to play notes. It gets increasingly complicated from here.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Nov 2021

10 Nov 2021

Lectric Panda Sale

Ends Nov 14th.
Missed that bit. Oh well. Dyn4 will just have to wait.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

PhillipOrdonez

15 Nov 2021

15 Nov 2021
10 Nov 2021

Lectric Panda Sale

Ends Nov 14th.
Arrrr I missed that too!

RoryM0

15 Nov 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote: ↑
15 Nov 2021
15 Nov 2021

Arrrr I missed that too!
I managed to pick it up πŸ‘πŸ˜

Re8et
Competition Winner

15 Nov 2021

Plz add midi import/export!!!!

• Information