Amalgam FM / Substractive synth released

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
User avatar
ekss
RE Developer
Posts: 404
Joined: 09 Nov 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 04 Nov 2021

Faastwalker wrote:
04 Nov 2021

I really hope RS implement device zoom.
A “hack” on mac is the ctrl+scrolling for screenzoom (or is it cmd?! ) however i use it quite often just for some quick zooming :)

User avatar
Faastwalker
Posts: 2049
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 04 Nov 2021

ekss wrote:
04 Nov 2021
Faastwalker wrote:
04 Nov 2021

I really hope RS implement device zoom.
A “hack” on mac is the ctrl+scrolling for screen zoom (or is it cmd?! ) however i use it quite often just for some quick zooming :)
On Windows 10. I did try detaching the rack, thinking maybe I could just zoom it. But, not surprisingly to be honest, Application Zoom still zooms everything.

User avatar
RandomNoise
Posts: 86
Joined: 01 Oct 2021

Post 06 Nov 2021

Just in case anyone missed it, I find the wave control on the back to be another awesome feature of this great synth. The possibility to change the oscillators of the 3 operators and alter their character makes it even more versatile and capable of some really cool sounds! :D

In general I feel like EKSS is taking extra care for the details not only on front, but also on the back of the racks 🙌

User avatar
Gardinski
Posts: 313
Joined: 04 Feb 2015

Post 07 Nov 2021

Oh, for god's sake... When is it going to end?

Just last week, I promised myself I wasn't going to buy any more Reason stuff for a year. I've got everything I could possibly need, and I've just blown FOUR AND A HALF GRAND on tuition fees for a songwriting/production course, so I thought: ''OK - it's time to cut back on rack extensions for a while.''

And then THIS happens... :lol: And it sounds gorgeous.....

WHY did I click that button on the demo? WHY???

At this rate, I'll be reduced to gatecrashing Mr Figg's porridge parties for sustenance before the year is out. :P

Steedus
Posts: 626
Joined: 31 Aug 2015
Location: Melbourne, AU

Post 07 Nov 2021

Imagine if RS pumped out quality devices like this at the same rate .. R+ would be a no brainer. Just saying.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7231
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 07 Nov 2021

Gardinski wrote:
07 Nov 2021
Oh, for god's sake... When is it going to end?

Just last week, I promised myself I wasn't going to buy any more Reason stuff for a year. I've got everything I could possibly need, and I've just blown FOUR AND A HALF GRAND on tuition fees for a songwriting/production course, so I thought: ''OK - it's time to cut back on rack extensions for a while.''

And then THIS happens... :lol: And it sounds gorgeous.....

WHY did I click that button on the demo? WHY???

At this rate, I'll be reduced to gatecrashing Mr Figg's porridge parties for sustenance before the year is out. :P
Door’s open. Porridge is on. Whenever you want man.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
Gardinski
Posts: 313
Joined: 04 Feb 2015

Post 08 Nov 2021

MrFigg wrote:
07 Nov 2021

Door’s open. Porridge is on. Whenever you want man.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I may take you up on that kind offer one day soon. "Sitars at the ready!!!" :thumbup:

User avatar
discoman
Posts: 4
Joined: 08 Nov 2021

Post 08 Nov 2021

Hummmmm I am new here... however not new to Reason. Just wondering... I own SineSynth and the Wave Master Synth... what makes this new synth 109 (now in sale 74) Euro worth? I also own Algoritm.

Btw, still loving the ES-01 Analog Synthesizer, first Ekks product that was developed by Robotic Bean.
--- Reasonist Since 2000 ---

User avatar
ekss
RE Developer
Posts: 404
Joined: 09 Nov 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 08 Nov 2021

Gardinski wrote:
07 Nov 2021
Oh, for god's sake... When is it going to end?

Just last week, I promised myself I wasn't going to buy any more Reason stuff for a year. I've got everything I could possibly need, and I've just blown FOUR AND A HALF GRAND on tuition fees for a songwriting/production course, so I thought: ''OK - it's time to cut back on rack extensions for a while.''

And then THIS happens... :lol: And it sounds gorgeous.....

WHY did I click that button on the demo? WHY???

At this rate, I'll be reduced to gatecrashing Mr Figg's porridge parties for sustenance before the year is out. :P

Amalgam is now available as Rent-to-own, so you can spread out the cost and eat something good in the meantime ;)

User avatar
BananaSkins
Posts: 419
Joined: 29 Sep 2017

Post 08 Nov 2021

A815D128-5ED7-4BD3-AB49-8D1E27473A1C.png
How do you get to £99… :?:
Is the last month balanced out at a lower payment of £3.12…?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
ekss
RE Developer
Posts: 404
Joined: 09 Nov 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 08 Nov 2021

BananaSkins wrote:
08 Nov 2021
A815D128-5ED7-4BD3-AB49-8D1E27473A1C.png

How do you get to £99… :?:
Is the last month balanced out at a lower payment of £3.12…?
Not sure, i guess you’re right that it balance out on the last month.

User avatar
discoman
Posts: 4
Joined: 08 Nov 2021

Post 09 Nov 2021

Bought it! :thumbup: Though… it would love to see some more presets, categorized in folders like bass, leads, pads, keys etc. :?
--- Reasonist Since 2000 ---

User avatar
MarkTarlton
Posts: 714
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Santa Rosa, CA

Post 09 Nov 2021

discoman wrote:
09 Nov 2021
Bought it! :thumbup: Though… it would love to see some more presets, categorized in folders like bass, leads, pads, keys etc. :?
I agree, could have used some organization.

User avatar
littlejam
Posts: 437
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 09 Nov 2021

hello,

i'm on the fence about getting this RE
can anyone state whether you can load your own fm wavetables?
(i think i got this right)

or can this RE load wavetables?

if not, can it be in a future update please?

and it would be great to get MrFigg's porridge recipe please for real

cheers and eat well,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

User avatar
discoman
Posts: 4
Joined: 08 Nov 2021

Post 10 Nov 2021

littlejam wrote:
09 Nov 2021
hello,

i'm on the fence about getting this RE
can anyone state whether you can load your own fm wavetables?
(i think i got this right)

or can this RE load wavetables?

if not, can it be in a future update please?

and it would be great to get MrFigg's porridge recipe please for real

cheers and eat well,

j
No you can’t… but you can adjust the wave (op1, 2 & 3) on the back…
--- Reasonist Since 2000 ---

dusan.cani
Posts: 292
Joined: 16 Oct 2018
Location: Slovakia

Post 23 Nov 2021

I've encountered a situation where Echo FX is not engaged into the output although it's set via the "intensity" knob:

amalgam-synth2-alt.zip

Touching the "intensity" knob will bring echo back to the sound. Resaving patch without the touching this knob does not help. But resaving after the knob touch will help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
ekss
RE Developer
Posts: 404
Joined: 09 Nov 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 23 Nov 2021

dusan.cani wrote:
23 Nov 2021
I've encountered a situation where Echo FX is not engaged into the output although it's set via the "intensity" knob:


amalgam-synth2-alt.zip


Touching the "intensity" knob will bring echo back to the sound. Resaving patch without the touching this knob does not help. But resaving after the knob touch will help.
Strange! Is there a way to recreate the situation?

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 9 guests