Is there a RE that can act as a gate signal latch?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Heater

28 Oct 2021

I'm trying to work out how I can set up a latch so that I hit a key and the gate signal goes high and stays high until I hit the same key to reset.

deeplink
Competition Winner

28 Oct 2021

StaticCling's Autolatch is a much loved (and versatile RE Player) https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... midi-gate/
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

challism

28 Oct 2021

Yes, AutoLatch is a must have for anyone using Players. It's a fantastic RE and it's so underpriced... practically free if you wait for a sale.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Jackjackdaw

28 Oct 2021

RPG 8 also has a hold button.

huggermugger

28 Oct 2021

Pongasoft's A/B Switch handles both CV and stereo audio. Remote Map a key to the switch and it will toggle between the A and B positions. Even includes a 'soften' setting to prevent audio pops.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 7.51.02 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 7.51.02 AM.png (493.3 KiB) Viewed 859 times
Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 7.50.14 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 7.50.14 AM.png (574.58 KiB) Viewed 859 times

Heater

28 Oct 2021

deeplink wrote:
28 Oct 2021
StaticCling's Autolatch is a much loved (and versatile RE Player) https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... midi-gate/
Thanks. That looks exactly what I’m after.

Heater

28 Oct 2021

huggermugger wrote:
28 Oct 2021
Pongasoft's A/B Switch handles both CV and stereo audio. Remote Map a key to the switch and it will toggle between the A and B positions. Even includes a 'soften' setting to prevent audio pops.
Thanks. I will try it

nemesjs

28 Oct 2021

Heater wrote:
28 Oct 2021
deeplink wrote:
28 Oct 2021
Don't forget to try the "Mono Latch" option! It only latches one note at a time and unlatches it either when you press the same key (and becomes silent) or any other key and it unlaches the previous and laches the one being played. It's perfect to use together on top or below the player "Chords" since you can free your left hand while a complex chord latches and you just have to momentarily press any other key to change that chord! That frees your left hand to move knobs while playing a melody with the right hand for example.

zoidkirb

28 Oct 2021

nemesjs wrote:
28 Oct 2021
Heater wrote:
28 Oct 2021

Don't forget to try the "Mono Latch" option! It only latches one note at a time and unlatches it either when you press the same key (and becomes silent) or any other key and it unlaches the previous and laches the one being played. It's perfect to use together on top or below the player "Chords" since you can free your left hand while a complex chord latches and you just have to momentarily press any other key to change that chord! That frees your left hand to move knobs while playing a melody with the right hand for example.
I own Auto Latch and have wanted that feature for a little while.
Alt-Click will find Latch mode but then you have to just click/scroll without Alt to find Mono mode.
I think having to do that extra step to find Mono latch doesn't make much sense.

Anyway, cheers for alerting me to the fact that mode exists!

nemesjs

29 Oct 2021

zoidkirb wrote:
28 Oct 2021
nemesjs wrote:
28 Oct 2021

Alt-Click will find Latch mode but then you have to just click/scroll without Alt to find Mono mode.
I think having to do that extra step to find Mono latch doesn't make much sense.

Yes, I agree this relatively recently implemented mode should be more widely adverted because I think, at least in my view, that it's quite an awesome Autolatch feature to use and many people that own it (like you) don't even know it's there (on it's latest version)! I'm also proud of it because I made a direct request for this "MonoLatch" mode to the Autolatch RE developer (from Static Cling) and he kindly agreed to implement it and let me beta test it! I was (and am) very thankful to him for this!
The fact that you have to go thru the maneuvers you describe to select that mode on Autolatch's interface was, in my view, quite secondary and I was not willing to ask for more than he already implemented - it was fine by me but I must admit it could be much easier to select, maybe even be the main option, making the polyphonic one ("Latch") to be the secondary one (more hidden) because in my view it is not so helpful (or easy to use/play with).
Anyway if you feel so inclined you can suggest that thru Static Clings contact channels. When I speak to him again I can bring your remark on this subject to his attention so we can have his opinion and willingness to eventually change it so that the "MonoLatch" mode could be more easily accessible on the interface.
Last edited by nemesjs on 29 Oct 2021, edited 1 time in total.

zoidkirb

29 Oct 2021

nemesjs wrote:
29 Oct 2021
zoidkirb wrote:
28 Oct 2021

Yes, I agree this relatively recently implemented mode should be more widely adverted because I think, at least in my view, that it's quite an awesome Autolatch feature to use and many people that own it (like you) don't even know it's there (on it's latest version)! I'm also proud of it because I made a direct request for this "MonoLatch" mode to the Autolatch RE developer (from Static Cling) and he kindly agreed to implement it and let me beta test it! I was (and am) very thankful to him for this!
The fact that you have to go thru the maneuvers you describe to select that mode on Autolatch's interface was, in my view, quite secondary and I was not willing to ask for more than he already implemented - it was fine be my but I must admit it could be much easier to select, maybe even be the main option, making the polyphonic one ("Latch") to be the secondary one (more hidden) because in my view it is not so helpful (or easy to use/play with).
Anyway if you feel so inclined you can suggest that thru Static Clings contact channels. When I speak to him again I can bring your remark on this subject to his attention so we can have his opinion and willingness to eventually change it so that the "MonoLatch" mode could be more easily accessible on the interface.
Oh cool I had no idea it was a relatively new feature. Yes definitely the dev should get the word out. It makes Autolatch so much more useful to me now.

Congrats and thanks for getting that request over the line.

Agreed it should be easier to find. I'm usually fairly good at finding the extra functions on RE's by clicking/ctrl/alt clicking things but even after I read your first post in this thread it look me a few goes to find Mono latch. I prefer design where you can use logic and intuition to learn a device. Static Cling is generally pretty good at this. In fact I've never even looked at the manual for Delta Midi Computer and have gotten along just fine.
I feel the solution is pretty simple here though: monolatch just needs to be accessed via alt click. The same way polylatch is.

Edit: I searched the forum and found the Autolatch thread. There was the announcement and a bit of related chatter back in May :)

• Information