Radical Piano still downloading RE version

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
stfual

24 Oct 2021

I purchased Radical Piano in an earlier version of Reason. I upgraded to R12 and went through the process to resynch HiRes Rack Extensions and delete and reinstall the optional content including the now "built in" Radical Piano.

I note that if I delete the Radical Piano Re I can still select and add a Radical Piano - correct behaviou because it's now built in.
But it still downloads the RP Re on a Resynch. I assume as its now bundled I dont need the Re anymore becauses its built in. Is this behaviour correct ?
At miminum its using 0.5GB space I dont need to and I assume the Re and Built in versions are now different because of the resolution change (are a different sizes on disk at least).

Is there a permanent way to delete and stop the Re downloading?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Oct 2021

stfual wrote:
24 Oct 2021
I purchased Radical Piano in an earlier version of Reason. I upgraded to R12 and went through the process to resynch HiRes Rack Extensions and delete and reinstall the optional content including the now "built in" Radical Piano.

I note that if I delete the Radical Piano Re I can still select and add a Radical Piano - correct behaviou because it's now built in.
But it still downloads the RP Re on a Resynch. I assume as its now bundled I dont need the Re anymore becauses its built in. Is this behaviour correct ?
At miminum its using 0.5GB space I dont need to and I assume the Re and Built in versions are now different because of the resolution change (are a different sizes on disk at least).

Is there a permanent way to delete and stop the Re downloading?
It’ll always download when you do a sync all. You can either stop it as it’s downloading in Authorizer or you can go in on your RE folder on your HD and delete it manually. Here’s the location of the folder for both Windows and Mac.

macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/RackExtensions

Windows: c:\users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\RackExtensions
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information