mDSQ - Lectric Panda Micro Drum Sequencer in the shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
challism

14 Oct 2021

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack-extension/mdsq/
mDSQFront.jpg.10000x10000_q85[1].jpg
mDSQFront.jpg.10000x10000_q85[1].jpg (39.08 KiB) Viewed 3925 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Jackjackdaw

14 Oct 2021

Looks like a Redrum sequencer for Kong.

Billy+

14 Oct 2021

Always good to see LP dropping devices,

When's it out?
What's the cost?

Oh is it going to be a freebie?

Will I be able to use my reward points to buy it?

MarkTarlton

14 Oct 2021

Panda always makes very interesting devices, so you know this one is going to be good and fun!

lowtom

14 Oct 2021

Looks great. Hope it will have full on Remote support over steps and LED indicators like in ReDrum.
:reason: :refill: :re:

challism

14 Oct 2021

Mataya wrote:
14 Oct 2021
If there will be slide per step, I'll kiss him.

M
I'm not sure if that's encouragement or discouragement.

Looks like the Facebook trolls are out...
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (57.98 KiB) Viewed 5298 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Mataya

14 Oct 2021

Trust me, it should be encouragement. I'm very cute.

But I do wonder on how it works... Few things seem obvious, but other aren't so. As always with this guy.

M

FizbanLaPolio

14 Oct 2021

Video shows an old combinator, so this device will not be exclusive to new R12+ owners :)
I love Panda's RE, this one is intriguing... the 4x4 dots blinking doesn't match with the Kong pads illuminating, so maybe each of the 16 lanes of pulses can have a dedicated note, and so can manipulate different devices, assuming there is enough CVs on the back !

dioxide

14 Oct 2021

This looks very interesting to me. I hope they’ve got the Remote side of things right.

Billy+

14 Oct 2021

FizbanLaPolio wrote:
14 Oct 2021
Video shows an old combinator, so this device will not be exclusive to new R12+ owners :)
I love Panda's RE, this one is intriguing... the 4x4 dots blinking doesn't match with the Kong pads illuminating, so maybe each of the 16 lanes of pulses can have a dedicated note, and so can manipulate different devices, assuming there is enough CVs on the back !
Only devices built in to Reason require a particular version,

rack extensions are built using the Reason SDK and the latest SDK is compatible with R10.2 and above but developers can also choose the other versions of the Reason SDK's which increases the compatibility with even lower Reason versions going back to R6.5 if I remember correctly.

All players have to be built using the latest SDK which requires R10.2

16161d

14 Oct 2021

I've always dreamed of a feature packed sequencer in Reason in this small form factor, I'd love all the features of Thors sequencer as a standalone unit, specifically it's '1-shot' and 'step' run modes, as well as CV outs for start and end of sequence. These are feature lacking in most of the sequencers and can be hard to come up with workarounds, but they're fun features to play around with. It doesn't look like this will have those features but I still love that it seems to be a handy useable sequencer that isn't a giant on the screen.

Would be interesting to see how it handles pattern changing (and whether this can be easily automated too), and it looks like the little grid module is like a smaller version of PSQ1684, doing some sort of pulse generating which is cool! Looking forward to reading the manual for this and having a play around with it.

dvdrtldg

14 Oct 2021

Insta-commit to buy

Jackjackdaw

14 Oct 2021

16161d wrote:
14 Oct 2021
I've always dreamed of a feature packed sequencer in Reason in this small form factor, I'd love all the features of Thors sequencer as a standalone unit, specifically it's '1-shot' and 'step' run modes, as well as CV outs for start and end of sequence. These are feature lacking in most of the sequencers and can be hard to come up with workarounds, but they're fun features to play around with. It doesn't look like this will have those features but I still love that it seems to be a handy useable sequencer that isn't a giant on the screen.

Would be interesting to see how it handles pattern changing (and whether this can be easily automated too), and it looks like the little grid module is like a smaller version of PSQ1684, doing some sort of pulse generating which is cool! Looking forward to reading the manual for this and having a play around with it.
Robotic bean Sequences has step run and one shot play modes.

buddard
RE Developer

15 Oct 2021

Billy+ wrote:
14 Oct 2021
rack extensions are built using the Reason SDK and the latest SDK is compatible with R10.2 and above but developers can also choose the other versions of the Reason SDK's which increases the compatibility with even lower Reason versions going back to R6.5 if I remember correctly.
As of August this is no longer the case: The build servers will only accept SDK 4.2.0 now, even for updates of old devices.
This is related to the high res update, I’m guessing it was too much work to back port the high res rendering to earlier SDK versions.

Billy+

15 Oct 2021

buddard wrote:
15 Oct 2021
Billy+ wrote:
14 Oct 2021
As of August this is no longer the case: The build servers will only accept SDK 4.2.0 now, even for updates of old devices.
This is related to the high res update, I’m guessing it was too much work to back port the high res rendering to earlier SDK versions.
Will that mean every RE fixed or new won't work on older Reason versions then ?

buddard
RE Developer

15 Oct 2021

Billy+ wrote:
15 Oct 2021
buddard wrote:
15 Oct 2021

Will that mean every RE fixed or new won't work on older Reason versions then ?
New or fixed REs will work on Reason 10.2 or later. I'm guessing that there are relatively few users that are still running Reason 9 and older.

Billy+

15 Oct 2021

So the 4.2.0 SDK is just an enhancement to enable hires and the older sdk's are expiring athen...

kbard

15 Oct 2021

Jackjackdaw wrote:
14 Oct 2021
Looks like a Redrum sequencer for Kong.
Yeah. I am trying to understand does on mDSQ spit out one sequence for one particular instrument so basically you need to load more of them one below another (which is cool for me) or one single mDSQ can spit out all notes to power Kong sequencing?

I believe it's the case where user need to stack more of them which again is fine with me because even that way sequence which user would be creating at is visually nicely laid out.

I am surprised it doesn't have "random" button which is kinda signature thing for LP devices by now.

And again no matter what this developer spit out it always seems so cute and visually and aesthetically really nice and intuitive. I love LP products.

Bes
Competition Winner

15 Oct 2021

kbard wrote:
15 Oct 2021

Yeah. I am trying to understand does on mDSQ spit out one sequence for one particular instrument so basically you need to load more of them one below another (which is cool for me) or one single mDSQ can spit out all notes to power Kong sequencing?

I believe it's the case where user need to stack more of them which again is fine with me because even that way sequence which user would be creating at is visually nicely laid out.

I am surprised it doesn't have "random" button which is kinda signature thing for LP devices by now.
the video title says the patterns have been randomised and the video shows multiple kong drums being triggered by a single instance of mDSQ. i think you'r right about stacking mDSQ for a better visual but also varied speeds and pattern lengths :)
- Certified Reason expert

kbard

16 Oct 2021

Bes wrote:
15 Oct 2021

the video title says the patterns have been randomised and the video shows multiple kong drums being triggered by a single instance of mDSQ. i think you'r right about stacking mDSQ for a better visual but also varied speeds and pattern lengths :)
Thanks. I didn't saw video as I don't have Facebook. Hence my question. I see now that there's a youtube video as well.

Cheers

arnigretar

17 Oct 2021

Fav developer. Can't wait for this :clap:
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

rootwheel

18 Oct 2021

challism wrote:
14 Oct 2021
Excited for this; own all of Lectric Panda's REs so far. This looks essential too!

rootwheel

29 Oct 2021

Anyone heard any further word on this? I love me some Prop's Drum Sequencer but this looks like it'll be off the hook for driving beats in a different way...

rcbuse
RE Developer

29 Oct 2021

rootwheel wrote:
29 Oct 2021
Anyone heard any further word on this? I love me some Prop's Drum Sequencer but this looks like it'll be off the hook for driving beats in a different way...
Wrapping up the manual, everything else is ready to rock. Should be within a week or two at most.

• Information