Strive Creative Filter by Speo

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
moofi

19 Nov 2021

Oh, you mean like it´s the amplitude + phase in relation to their frequencies and according harmonics?
Speo wrote:
19 Nov 2021
I didn't manage to phrase it well haha. You can basically think of the frequency domain as what you see in a spectrum analyzer with some extra bits. Anyway thank you for your interest in Strive!
moofi wrote:
19 Nov 2021
Though I don´t know how the "(amplitude) and phases corresponding to the constituent harmonics of the wavetable" bit works, I at least got a rudimentary idea of the principle, thank you. :-)

Speo
RE Developer

19 Nov 2021

Yeah that's it.
moofi wrote:
19 Nov 2021
Oh, you mean like it´s the amplitude + phase in relation to their frequencies and according harmonics?
Speo wrote:
19 Nov 2021
I didn't manage to phrase it well haha. You can basically think of the frequency domain as what you see in a spectrum analyzer with some extra bits. Anyway thank you for your interest in Strive!

moofi

19 Nov 2021

Allight, got it, thank you. :-)

Just to sum it up in an easy way, one could say the waveform parts (e.g. 1024) are being constituently analysed in terms of what frequencies and harmonics they produce individually while then being adjusted in amplitude + phase to "filter"-out the wanted frequencies.
Speo wrote:
19 Nov 2021
Yeah that's it.
moofi wrote:
19 Nov 2021

tomusurp

15 Aug 2023

Hey Speo is there any way to let a vocal sample just play out? It looks like the only way is to move that wave knob from left to right to get the filter to sound somewhat like the vocal. Is it not possible to simply morph the vocal into whatever synth is chosen, kind of like writing in a long note in sequencer track and it just plays the vocal in morph mode. It's also hard to make out vocal. It would be great if it resembled the vocal more or if there was some parallel processing
Speo wrote:
30 Sep 2021
Thanks to everyone checking out Strive!
esselfortium wrote:
30 Sep 2021
This looks and sounds fantastic. Purchased!
Thank you, I hope you get some great sounds out of it! I'd be keen to know how it goes.
JohnnyFave wrote:
30 Sep 2021
This new RE sounds great and looks cool too! One little question, it's listed as $63 CAD and is "on sale" for $59 CAD ($4 CAD OFF). What do other countries see?
That is curious. The device is 50€ usually and 43€ introductory pricing, 14% off. It's close to 14% for GBP and USD as well, but for CAD it's closer to 6%. Not sure why the price categories are that way in CAD.
Adabler wrote:
30 Sep 2021
Is that string around the Wave knob homage to some weird equipment I should know about?
It's a capstan and it's purposefully completely out of place.
"The hottest in the matrix"
My music:
https://www.youtube.com/c/TomUsurp
https://www.tomusurp.com

:reason: :re: :refill: :rt:

jam-s

15 Aug 2023

I suggest to have strive in a parallel channel as an insert FX that way you can easily control how much you want to apply to your vocal.

• Information