Synthetic rig upgrade option removed from shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Tinnitus

24 Sep 2021

Hi I've been toying with the idea of buying the v4 rig upgrade (from v3) but the option (for £79) seems to have been removed from the shop. Now there is no price at all

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/bund ... tic-rig-4/

It now says
"30 devices + 1 ReFill
• 66 tutorials & +500 presets
• Products worth over $1900
Not available for this account"

Is it a glitch on my account or are others seeing this?
If it's by design, I wonder why?

Fwiw I'm on r12 following on from r11suite. Rigs v3 bought whilst on r10.
Last edited by Tinnitus on 24 Sep 2021, edited 2 times in total.

craven

24 Sep 2021

I was wondering the same and would like to get the upgrade - there’s no reason I can think of why it shouldn’t be possible
:ugeek:

Noise
Competition Winner

24 Sep 2021

This is strange, maybe it's a bug in the shop. I own Mix & Mastering RIG and I also have the following screen:
I have Reason 12 in the account, maybe this was only for Suite Owners (v11?)

ReasonRIGS.jpg
ReasonRIGS.jpg (101 KiB) Viewed 1932 times
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Sep 2021

There's a few things doing the same...Soul School Bundle, Various Developers products etc.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Tinnitus

24 Sep 2021

Noise wrote:
24 Sep 2021
This is strange, maybe it's a bug in the shop. I own Mix & Mastering RIG and I also have the following screen:
I have Reason 12 in the account, maybe this was only for Suite Owners (v11?)

ReasonRIGS.jpg
Good spot. I get the same.

"Synthetic Rig 4 requires another version of Reason, Reason Essentials or ReCycle than what you currently have registered to your Reason Studios user account."

Looks like the webdev bugged the shop!

BananaSkins

24 Sep 2021

Every topic seems to have the word ‘BUG’ in it these days…or is this just a bug? :idea:

Noise
Competition Winner

24 Sep 2021

BananaSkins wrote:
24 Sep 2021
Every topic seems to have the word ‘BUG’ in it these days…or is this just a bug? :idea:
uh oh, my bad, I was trying to write "feature", pressed the wrong keys!
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

Skullture

30 Sep 2021

Backline Rig seems to be removed from the shop as well.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 Sep 2021

Skullture wrote:
30 Sep 2021
That was removed ages ago.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

AttenuationHz

30 Sep 2021

Would purchase an upgrade to a rig if it was available.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

DaveyG

30 Sep 2021

I was wondering whether they were planning to launch a Synths Rig 5 at some point soon.
I think the backline rig had to go because they removed all the "A-list" stuff which just didn't leave enough othe rthings to make it attractive.

challism

01 Oct 2021

DaveyG wrote:
30 Sep 2021
I was wondering whether they were planning to launch a Synths Rig 5 at some point soon.
I think the backline rig had to go because they removed all the "A-list" stuff which just didn't leave enough othe rthings to make it attractive.
It was going to be rebranded the barebackline rig.
AttenuationHz wrote:
30 Sep 2021
Would purchase an upgrade to a rig if it was available.
And you waited all this time to get the upgrade. What are the chances? ha ha ha
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Skullture

01 Oct 2021

MrFigg wrote:
30 Sep 2021
Skullture wrote:
30 Sep 2021
Any reason why?

challism

01 Oct 2021

Skullture wrote:
01 Oct 2021
MrFigg wrote:
30 Sep 2021

Any reason why?
DaveyG hit the nail squarely on the head.
DaveyG wrote:
30 Sep 2021

Skullture

01 Oct 2021

challism wrote:
01 Oct 2021
Skullture wrote:
01 Oct 2021

Any reason why?
DaveyG wrote:
30 Sep 2021

They didn't follow that series up with anything new right?

It's been bothering me that many RE's have been discontinued and just dissapear from the face of the earth. Wouldn't it be great if you somehow could get them like an abandonware? I'd kill to try the u-he devices (I'm aware of their reputation though).

challism

01 Oct 2021

Skullture wrote:
01 Oct 2021
challism wrote:
01 Oct 2021

They didn't follow that series up with anything new right?

It's been bothering me that many RE's have been discontinued and just dissapear from the face of the earth. Wouldn't it be great if you somehow could get them like an abandonware? I'd kill to try the u-he devices (I'm aware of their reputation though).
I don't think the rig was followed up with anything, no. Now there are just 2 rigs... used to be 3 of them.

Yeah, I really wish developers would donate their REs to the community, much like HAMU, THAT MUSIC COMPNAY and others have done. It seems a shame that the software just ends up being lost forever. Oh well... it's theirs to do with as they wish.

BTW, the upgrade is showing up for me.
synth1.JPG
synth1.JPG (37.59 KiB) Viewed 1565 times
synth2.JPG
synth2.JPG (61.16 KiB) Viewed 1565 times

RoryM0

01 Oct 2021

Says 'not available for this account' for me, and clicking the link asks me to upgrade to a newer version of Reason, but I have the newest.

I don't actually have the synth rig, but I do have the mix and master rig (first or second one, can't remember) and it says the same thing - not available this account.

AttenuationHz

01 Oct 2021

challism wrote:
01 Oct 2021
And you waited all this time to get the upgrade. What are the chances? ha ha ha
Usually get an email about them being on sale. Have gotten none the past while because Apple bought the company that used to be my ISP and that I use as a registered email address with my Propellerhead/RS account, that email address was being forwarded to my gmail; they then wanting to charge all customers €5 for the maintaining of the domain of the email addresses which everyone had already paid for when they got the email address (pre 2015, which was €2 for the email address). Then everyone who used the email were up in arms about being charged again, customers and non-customers. So the company Apple own released a statement saying we won't charge again for the use of the email. 5-7 months after this they just deactivated the emails without any warning. So yeah fuck Apple. Have not gotten any updates to the second account either though.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

DaveyG

01 Oct 2021

RoryM0 wrote:
01 Oct 2021
Says 'not available for this account' for me, and clicking the link asks me to upgrade to a newer version of Reason, but I have the newest.

I don't actually have the synth rig, but I do have the mix and master rig (first or second one, can't remember) and it says the same thing - not available this account.
I have Synth Rigs 3 and I can access the upgrade to 4.Not that I'll be buying it - there is no value in the extra stuff for me but I will take a look at Rigs 5 if it ever arrives. Interesting to see that the US price for the upgrade is 79 USD. UK price is 75 GBP which is a tad over 100 USD. Shame we can't buy REs and Bundles from places like JRR shop. Get that a forum/group discount and take advantage of the exchange rates.

moneykube

01 Oct 2021

would be nice if the rigs were in the reward store.... since there is a year deadline to use points>more racks in the reward store please... they make money on the racks with me.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

moneykube

01 Oct 2021

BananaSkins wrote:
24 Sep 2021
Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 12.13.00 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 12.13.00 PM.png (287.74 KiB) Viewed 1455 times

challism

01 Oct 2021

moneykube wrote:
01 Oct 2021
BananaSkins wrote:
24 Sep 2021
Arguably one of Pearl Jam's worst "songs". But it seems appropriate to place right here.

JohnnyFave

01 Oct 2021

DaveyG wrote:
01 Oct 2021
RoryM0 wrote:
01 Oct 2021

I have Synth Rigs 3 and I can access the upgrade to 4.Not that I'll be buying it - there is no value in the extra stuff for me but I will take a look at Rigs 5 if it ever arrives. Interesting to see that the US price for the upgrade is 79 USD. UK price is 75 GBP which is a tad over 100 USD. Shame we can't buy REs and Bundles from places like JRR shop. Get that a forum/group discount and take advantage of the exchange rates.
The Shop doesn't use dynamic currency exchanges - they are fixed (someone inputs the price / conversion factor for each currency). I noticed this and sent in a ticket upon seeing some RE's that are 145% conversion from USD to CAD. Quite unfair really since the exchange is only approx 126%. *sigh*

moneykube

01 Oct 2021

challism wrote:
01 Oct 2021
moneykube wrote:
01 Oct 2021

Arguably one of Pearl Jam's worst "songs". But it seems appropriate to place right here.
ha ha ha... sounds similar to David Thomas

moneykube

01 Oct 2021

• Information