Potential idea for a Rack Extension

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
electrofux

03 Sep 2021

I have been wanting some form of Clip Launching for years and since i am a "remote developer" i came up with a solution that sort of works and i wonder if it could be facilitated by doing that via a dedicated RE.

Now, it is not a Clip launcher but my solution stores a number of predefined Loop Marker Positions and jumps seemlessly between them.
I have a remote codec for my Launchpad locked to a Modpanel. On the launchpad i can save Loop marker Positions to a number of pads and at the same time these positions get stored into the rotaries of the Modpanel (so 128 bars only), so that they get recalled on Song Startup.

And when i press one of these pads i advise Reason to position the Loop Markers in the following way. I (or better the codec) wait for the Song Position Marker to be within 1 bar of the right loop marker and then it sets the Left Position Marker to the beginning of the Next Loop. Thus when the Song Position Marker hits the current Right Marker it jumps directly to the new Left Marker without any hickup. After that the current right marker gets positioned to the next loops right marker position and the jump is done.

Now Remote cant do interactions with Reason on its own. And thats where the scuffed remote part comes in, which i hope can be handled with a RE. I need to send ticks to the Codec via a Matrix connected to an EMI. So the codec can act on the incoming ticks. This works for the most part but it is not perfect.

If a Re could do this it would save configuration of a Remote Codec, locking of a Codec (needed to have the Looop Positions recalled on song start), saving Loop Positions to rotaries (could be made alot more accessible), and being more stable as the inputting of ticks would be obsolete.

• Information