Aggregate Music System 1.0.0 - on Sale now!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
carvingcode
Posts: 8
Joined: 14 Jan 2019

Post 11 Sep 2021

Many happy accidents with this Player. Spent 3 hours this morning tweaking. Much fun.

Curious: Is there a way to start with a totally empty patch? I don’t see an ‘init’.

User avatar
muckmclane
Posts: 115
Joined: 28 Oct 2018

Post 11 Sep 2021

carvingcode wrote:
11 Sep 2021
Many happy accidents with this Player. Spent 3 hours this morning tweaking. Much fun.

Curious: Is there a way to start with a totally empty patch? I don’t see an ‘init’.
I been using this one.
Init Patch-JB.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

carvingcode
Posts: 8
Joined: 14 Jan 2019

Post 11 Sep 2021

muckmclane wrote:
11 Sep 2021
carvingcode wrote:
11 Sep 2021
Many happy accidents with this Player. Spent 3 hours this morning tweaking. Much fun.

Curious: Is there a way to start with a totally empty patch? I don’t see an ‘init’.
I been using this one.
Init Patch-JB.zip
Thanks!

User avatar
muckmclane
Posts: 115
Joined: 28 Oct 2018

Post 11 Sep 2021

carvingcode wrote:
11 Sep 2021
muckmclane wrote:
11 Sep 2021


I been using this one.
Init Patch-JB.zip
Thanks!
No prob, feel free to share an interesting patch.


User avatar
Faastwalker
Posts: 1999
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 11 Sep 2021

rcbuse wrote:
10 Sep 2021
I'll be putting note/gate CV into this thing at some point.. the biggest challenge I need to address is the polyphonic aspect. It might just end up looking like CVPT on the back with one bank for the melody and one for the accomp.
Excellent news. Just playing with AMS now. Wow! It's bonkers good actually ;-)

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 7205
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 12 Sep 2021

kbard wrote:
11 Sep 2021
I believe it was a joke ?
rootwheel wrote:
11 Sep 2021
:lol:
That’s a shame. It’s very misleading and in poor form IMHO.
Win 10 | Reason 12 |  Studio 1 4.6 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, TR-8 7x7 Expansion, MX1, JX8P, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

kbard
Posts: 81
Joined: 05 Jun 2021

Post 13 Sep 2021

EnochLight wrote:
12 Sep 2021
kbard wrote:
11 Sep 2021
I believe it was a joke ?
rootwheel wrote:
11 Sep 2021
:lol:
That’s a shame. It’s very misleading and in poor form IMHO.
To me It was cool and even though I am a non english speaker it looked cool to me. It wouldn't offend me even if I speculated it wrong.

Anyway we should have even more presets for this music computer :thumbup:

carvingcode
Posts: 8
Joined: 14 Jan 2019

Post 13 Sep 2021

muckmclane wrote:
11 Sep 2021
carvingcode wrote:
11 Sep 2021


Thanks!
No prob, feel free to share an interesting patch.

How do I upload a combinator patch to the forum?

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 7205
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 13 Sep 2021

kbard wrote:
13 Sep 2021
To me It was cool and even though I am a non english speaker it looked cool to me. It wouldn't offend me even if I speculated it wrong.

Anyway we should have even more presets for this music computer :thumbup:
It's not about speculating - it's blatantly lying about something "as a joke" (that landed poorly). It contributes to the misinformation that is prevalent on the Internet these days, is all. So yeah, poor form IMHO.
Win 10 | Reason 12 |  Studio 1 4.6 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, TR-8 7x7 Expansion, MX1, JX8P, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

kbard
Posts: 81
Joined: 05 Jun 2021

Post 13 Sep 2021

EnochLight wrote:
13 Sep 2021
It's not about speculating - it's blatantly lying about something "as a joke" (that landed poorly). It contributes to the misinformation that is prevalent on the Internet these days, is all. So yeah, poor form IMHO.
Noone blatantly lied, jokes does not contribute to fake news just because you didn't realize it. There was a series of such images posted and it was clear. And I am not actually smartest person when it comes to jokes.

viewtopic.php?p=570796#p570796

page 5 then just two post later

viewtopic.php?p=570832#p570832

edit: wrong links

If you can't see through that then you have bigger problems then the person posting joke about it.

By your logic internet should ban all memes.

In all honesty and at this point I think you are just pissed off because you were under impression some big dude is using Reason, you got excited by it, posted about it and then you realized it was a joke and now you think your online character superiority is ruined or something like that. No one actually made a fuss about it - only you.

Oh well. I guess everyone who ever made memes (billion of them) should apologize to everyone who didn't realized it.

It's like when Spielberg posted a photo sitting next to a dead Dinosaur - it was a meme about upcoming Jurassic Park movie.

But internet knights started to attacking him for killing a real animal - like for real.
Last edited by kbard on 13 Sep 2021, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 7205
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 13 Sep 2021

kbard wrote:
13 Sep 2021
EnochLight wrote:
13 Sep 2021
It's not about speculating - it's blatantly lying about something "as a joke" (that landed poorly). It contributes to the misinformation that is prevalent on the Internet these days, is all. So yeah, poor form IMHO.
Noone blatantly lied, jokes does not contribute to fake news just because you didn't realize it. There was a series of such images posted and it was clear. And I am not actually smartest person when it comes to jokes.

posting.php?mode=quote&f=7&p=570796

page 5 then just two post later

posting.php?mode=quote&f=7&p=570832

If you can't see through that then you have bigger problems then the person posting joke about it.

By your logic internet should ban all memes.

In all honesty and at this point I think you are just pissed off because you were under impression some big dude is using Reason, you got excited by it, posted about it and then you realized it was a joke and now you think your online character superiority is ruined or something like that. No one actually made a fuss about it - only you.

Oh well. I guess everyone who ever made memes (billion of them) should apologize to everyone who didn't realized it.

It's like when Spielberg posted a photo sitting next to a dead Dinosaur - it was a meme about upcoming Jurassic Park movie.

But internet knights started to attacking him for killing a real animal - like for real.
That’s adorable.
Win 10 | Reason 12 |  Studio 1 4.6 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, TR-8 7x7 Expansion, MX1, JX8P, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

User avatar
muckmclane
Posts: 115
Joined: 28 Oct 2018

Post 15 Sep 2021

kbard wrote:
13 Sep 2021

Anyway we should have even more presets for this music computer :thumbup:
Check this one out. I was experimenting with Polyrhythmic Groove's today and this player is excellent for that task.
Polyrhythmic Groove 98 Bpm.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kbard
Posts: 81
Joined: 05 Jun 2021

Post 18 Sep 2021

muckmclane wrote:
15 Sep 2021
kbard wrote:
13 Sep 2021

Anyway we should have even more presets for this music computer :thumbup:
Check this one out. I was experimenting with Polyrhythmic Groove's today and this player is excellent for that task.

Polyrhythmic Groove 98 Bpm.zip

That was really good source thanks!!

User avatar
Re8et
Posts: 1008
Joined: 14 Nov 2016

Post 18 Sep 2021

but can it get reversed midi, or can we just drop a midi sequence in the bottom visualizer and get that decoded, so we could, hypothetically, use those set of informations to produce other piece of music with the same style progression?? Save Beethoven style or stuff like that???

I don't even know what is the visualizer doing... :lol:

Amazing.

User avatar
Re8et
Posts: 1008
Joined: 14 Nov 2016

Post 18 Sep 2021

artotaku wrote:
26 Aug 2021
The best way for me at least to approach this thing is
  1. read the manual
  2. start simple with the shortest sequence, no chords, just a bass line and tweak one parameter at a time
  3. read the manual again
  4. try to take over a "conventional" chord progression you did somewhere else and recreate it in Aggregate
  5. as soon as you have a better understanding of the device tweak it more
  6. two weeks later.... hit the randomize button :puf_bigsmile:
I read the manual, it looks to me it needs some excercise pages along with it :lol:

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 8 guests