What are the RE must haves?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
User avatar
avasopht
Posts: 2666
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 25 Jul 2021

I just remembered I need to get the Coloring EQ (I remember putting it into my basket, but I can't remember why I never bought it).

Anyway, I'm just after some recommendations for other REs like that that I've long forgotten about but are must-haves.
---

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 6975
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 25 Jul 2021

RE-2A


;)
丰2ॐ

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 1635
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

Post 25 Jul 2021

MrFigg wrote:
25 Jul 2021
RE-2A


;)
Image
R11 Suite, R12 demo mode

My music made in Reason : https://audius.co/jeff40529158

outdatedstandard
Posts: 35
Joined: 04 Dec 2019

Post 25 Jul 2021

PX7

User avatar
avasopht
Posts: 2666
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 25 Jul 2021

MrFigg wrote:
25 Jul 2021
RE-2A


;)
outdatedstandard wrote:
25 Jul 2021
PX7
Comments reported to the mods, the CIA, NASA and the Illuminati.
---

User avatar
zabukowski
Posts: 175
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia, EU

Post 25 Jul 2021

Selig DeEsser & Leveler, Sonicbits Pump, LAB One Mace Compressor etc.

User avatar
SebAudio
Posts: 224
Joined: 08 Mar 2015

Post 25 Jul 2021

Blamsoft vk-2
Seb Audio ( :reason: 11 waiting for HD v12 / Ableton Live 10 + RRP 11-PX7)
https://maretranquillitatis.bandcamp.com/
https://ljseb.bandcamp.com/

TritoneAddiction
Posts: 3048
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 25 Jul 2021

These are some of my go-tos that I couldn't live without.

FRG-4RE Compressor,
Disperser,
CRAPRE 2,
kHs Distortion
Evolution,
Fritz,
Classic Filter (MagmaSonic),
Carve EQ Ducker,
FM4,
Legend,
DR-1 Deep Reverb,
GQ-7,
DQ,
Efektor RV3604 Reverb (for the Shimmer setting).

User avatar
Rising Night Wave
Posts: 511
Joined: 03 Sep 2019
Location: Vransko, Slovenia

Post 25 Jul 2021

BRIGGS wrote:
25 Jul 2021
MrFigg wrote:
25 Jul 2021
RE-2A


;)
Image
haha
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro x64 | Propellerhead Reason 10 | Reason+ Subscription

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 3836
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 25 Jul 2021

MrFigg wrote:
25 Jul 2021
RE-2A


;)
🥲😅

it really is so damn good, though.
I write bad music for good people

latest release—The Lake Door:
bit.ly/TheLakeDoor-Soundcloud
https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/track/the-lake-door

Mataya
Posts: 234
Joined: 03 May 2019

Post 25 Jul 2021

I guess when everybody are done replying, the answer will be, all of them.

M

User avatar
huggermugger
Posts: 111
Joined: 16 Jul 2021

Post 25 Jul 2021

Hundreds to choose from, I'm sure, but here are a few that I use a lot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Aosta
Posts: 539
Joined: 26 Jun 2017

Post 25 Jul 2021

Probably the most versatile and most used by me is Echobode.
Tend the flame

WarStar
Posts: 202
Joined: 17 Oct 2018

Post 25 Jul 2021

Quadelectra Stereo Splitter
Kuasa EVE MP5 EQ
McDSP FRG 4RE compressor
Selig Leveler
Synapse GQ7 EQ

Other essential REs:
Forgotten Clank Omega DEQ
Synapse Legend
Synapse DR-2 Deep Reverb

if you have these handful of REs you can cover alot of ground outside native Reason devices

User avatar
arnigretar
Posts: 110
Joined: 15 May 2020
Location: Iceland

Post 25 Jul 2021

Everything from Lectric Panda , AudioRealism ABL3, D16 - Devastor 2 and Decimort 2, Blamsoft VK-1 Viking (ofc there is 2, but I'm still using 1), Rob Papen SubBoomBass, DLD Technology Analog Sequencer. Those are at least the ones I use a lot. And also Selig Audio ReMark :thumbup: :reason:

User avatar
dvdrtldg
Posts: 1630
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 25 Jul 2021

What kind of music are you making?

User avatar
avasopht
Posts: 2666
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 25 Jul 2021

dvdrtldg wrote:
25 Jul 2021
What kind of music are you making?
It's sort of like hip-hop/RnB.
---

User avatar
zoidkirb
Posts: 656
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
Location: Brisbane Australia

Post 25 Jul 2021

Complex-1
Morpher
Shape
ARCUS
Kron
Abl3
Kompulsion
A-16 Analogue Sequencer
Autosub
Cv Player Tap

User avatar
raymondh
Posts: 1505
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 25 Jul 2021

So many fantastic REs!

Hard to list must-haves, especially in synths, so here's the effect RE's I use most frequently:

Synapse Deep Reverb, Fat Space, GQ-7
Soniccharge Echobode
Kuassa EVE-AT1
McDSP FRG-4RE
Softube Saturation Knob
JP Chenille

WarStar
Posts: 202
Joined: 17 Oct 2018

Post 25 Jul 2021

Common theme so far...

FRG 4RE
Selig Leveler
Synapse GQ7
Synapse DR-1 Deep Reverb
Kuasa EVE EQs

Would be interesting to keep track of the top 5 RE suggestions..

Too bad Synapse doesn't do an update on GQ-7.. Some dynamic bands would be cool feature... It's such an easy EQ to use..

Bes
Posts: 590
Joined: 22 Feb 2017

Post 25 Jul 2021

korde
delta midi computer
kron and psdn
midi-cv converter
lolth
RVL-1 and equation junior are a good combination
DVC-1 and now

User avatar
dvdrtldg
Posts: 1630
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 25 Jul 2021

Don't forget Shape LFO and Little LFO for all your LFO needs

Also:

Janitor CV Shaper
Quadelectra CV Suite Line Processor
RE 180 Dynamic Driver
All the Jiggery Pokery free splitters/mergers


Special mentions:

Softube FET compressor
Softube Trident EQ
Decimort 2 bit crusher
Tritone multiband waveshaper
D-Filter
PMS-20 filter
Runciter
Fritz

User avatar
aeox
Posts: 3025
Joined: 23 Feb 2017
Location: marsoo

Post 27 Jul 2021

Instruments:

eXpanse

VK-2

Algoritm

Friktion (I'm hoping to get this in some sort of package or deal one day)

Effects:

Coloring EQ

Decimort 2

Resampler

(Open slot for whoever makes a new accurate LA-2A RE)

Selig Leveler

RX950

There are so many amazing RE.. but if you say "must haves" the list is easier to make smaller. I truly believe anyone should own these devices and experiment with them, not just me personally
Last edited by aeox on 14 Sep 2021, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ottostrom
Posts: 549
Joined: 13 May 2016

Post 27 Jul 2021

Some REs that I've been using all over my production lately:

D-Filter
Pump
RX950
GQ-7
Uhbik A & Q
RE-2A
Matchlock
McDSP Compressor bundle
Selig Gain & DeEsser
Omega Dynamic EQ

slic
Posts: 122
Joined: 01 Jun 2021

Post 27 Jul 2021

Algoritm is a must have, not just a great Re, one of the best Virtual Instruments I have used in any format.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests