ES Utility Bundle in the shop! (Ekss)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Ottostrom

06 Jul 2021

"ES Utility Bundle by Ekssperimental Sounds Studio - Containing three powerful precision tools for the Reason Rack: HBL313 Multi Filter, C212 Compressor & L36 Limiter and PEQ-213 Parametric Equalizer. "
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/bund ... ty-bundle/

Price: €109

The new devices can also be bought separately:
C212 Compressor & L36 Limiter
HBL313 Multi Filter
PEQ-213 Parametric Equalizer

Audio Examples:

deeplink
Competition Winner

06 Jul 2021

Pretty cool make-over for the built-in MClass effects.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Loque

06 Jul 2021

Hm...not my cup of tea. The compressor costs as a single unit half of the FabFilter C-2. I can recommend to wait for a FabFilter 20-40% sale, which is probably the better deal.

The units are pretty expensive for nothing special IMO and the bundle seem to be kind of channel strip, but lacks at least a good gate/expander fx.
Reason12, Win10

EdwardKiy

06 Jul 2021

Probably said this before, but I wish RS would hire Ekss to re-design all their utility stuff or straight up pay him off to use his designs. This fits the rack so much better aesthetically and would be another great selling point for Reason 12 if it came as gorgeous "out of the box".

At this rate Ekss is creating a parallel "pimped-out" UI version of Reason, which is just a joy to look at. Also simplifying the swiss-knife monster REs like RV7000 into more usable hunks, which, again, should be enticing to new users or users potentially coming from other DAWs so there's less of a learning curve.

The price is well out of reach for most users starting out though and this is more of a "third guitar" kind of thing.

Either way, even if I can't afford it yet, more of this, please.
How about a sexy mid-side processing tool?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Jul 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
06 Jul 2021

The price is well out of reach for most users starting out though and this is more of a "third guitar" kind of thing.
Are you saying you don’t need a third guitar??!!!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

doze

06 Jul 2021

MrFigg wrote:
06 Jul 2021
EdwardKiy wrote:
06 Jul 2021

Mr Figg, I think the 3rd guitar is a distant memory for you 8)

EdwardKiy

06 Jul 2021

MrFigg wrote:
06 Jul 2021
EdwardKiy wrote:
06 Jul 2021

Absolutely not, Mr. Figg! :D Just a lower priority for those starting out. If you have a guitar that can get you where you need to go, you should probably be more focused on getting a half-decent amp and growing your skill with what you already have, is all I'm saying.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Jul 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
06 Jul 2021
MrFigg wrote:
06 Jul 2021

Absolutely not, Mr. Figg! :D Just a lower priority for those starting out. If you have a guitar that can get you where you need to go, you should probably be more focused on getting a half-decent amp and growing your skill with what you already have, is all I'm saying.
Are you saying you don’t need a third guitar and two decent amps???!!!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

EdwardKiy

06 Jul 2021

MrFigg wrote:
06 Jul 2021
priorities, Mr.Figg. Priorities.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Jul 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
06 Jul 2021
MrFigg wrote:
06 Jul 2021
priorities, Mr.Figg. Priorities.
Exactly :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Steedus
Competition Winner

06 Jul 2021

Very nice to see some minimal colour coming to his more recent devices ;)

boosto23

06 Jul 2021

Will there be an intro price for the bundle? Looks enticing!

ekss
RE Developer

07 Jul 2021

boosto23 wrote:
06 Jul 2021
Will there be an intro price for the bundle? Looks enticing!
Each device has a intro offer of 25-30% and with the bundle it’s a permanent discount at 33%!

challism

07 Jul 2021

Once again, Ekks knocked the GUI out of the park. These look beautiful. I agree that RS should hire Erik to do/redo all their GUI.
Do these categorize themselves into the "utilities" section of Reason's browser? I would consider these to be effects, not utilities.
MrFigg wrote:
06 Jul 2021
EdwardKiy wrote:
06 Jul 2021

I'm curious how many third guitars you guys own.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

DaveyG

07 Jul 2021

challism wrote:
07 Jul 2021
Once again, Ekks knocked the GUI out of the park. These look beautiful. I agree that RS should hire Erik to do/redo all their GUI.
Do these categorize themselves into the "utilities" section of Reason's browser? I would consider these to be effects, not utilities.
MrFigg wrote:
06 Jul 2021

They use the Baldrick method of counting. One guitar, two guitars, some guitars.

ekss
RE Developer

07 Jul 2021

challism wrote:
07 Jul 2021
MrFigg wrote:
06 Jul 2021

Indeed they are listed under effects.
The name of the bundle refers to the usage rather than the categories in reason, I mean they’re more of tools than creative effects :)

Ermitage

08 Jul 2021

Will you be doing vst versions at some point?

ekss
RE Developer

08 Jul 2021

Ermitage wrote:
08 Jul 2021
Will you be doing vst versions at some point?
Not in the foreseeable future but i sure do want to make it possible sometime. Since they can be used in the RRP in other daws I would love if there was a bare bone stripped down empty rack offered for free, for those just wanting to buy and use REs in their daw.
But anyway: GE can be used to build VSTs so I should investigate the possibilities to port my IDT/GE stuff… :)

Faastwalker

08 Jul 2021

challism wrote:
07 Jul 2021
I agree. The GUI’s on the EKKS are stunning. Always look the business. With these device though I feel like I’ve already got them from Reason Studios and Kuassa, who also create really nice GUI’s I should add. However, everyone likes ‘new’ and I’m sure these will be excellent. They are hard to resist looking so nice and with the intro pricing. But I’m really hanging for Ouroboros and those more creative sound sculpting and mangling FX. Love those the most. Do I need these ones though?

• Information