Looking for Rack Extension Testers who use Eurorack / Hardware synths

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
wendallsan

24 Jun 2021

If you use Reason with hardware synthesizers, I have a Rack Extension that I'm building that might be useful! I'm looking for people to test my Rack Extension "Trigger Happy" and provide feedback and feature suggestions. It is very simple and built with a single task in mind: to help hardware ADSR's retrigger when the gate CV data they're getting never goes low between notes, which is common when providing a sequence of notes with no rests between them or when playing overlapping notes and you're not looking for a "Legato Mode"-like experience. If you're interested, please respond to this post and let me know and I'll get you a version of my Rack Extension for you to test! :reason: :puf_smile: :reason: :puf_smile: :reason:

Sterioevo

24 Jun 2021

Hi, happy to give a test.
Username: Sterievo
Thanks
Stephen

wendallsan

29 Jun 2021

Sterioevo wrote:
24 Jun 2021
Hi, happy to give a test.
Username: Sterievo
Thanks
Stephen
Thanks Stephen! You're added as a Beta Tester now. You're welcome to provide any feedback you have here on this thread or you can send emails to dansteeby ..... at ..... gmail ... com.

My 1st pass at documentation for the plugin is at:

https://dansteeby.com/trigger-happy/

Here's a link to a video announcement that shows it in use:

wendallsan

30 Jun 2021

I've just updated my plugin to minor version "d9" which fixes the one issue I've been able to identify with it in my testing. Sterioevo, you've been updated to this newest release license-wise. Anyone else interested in testing it, please let me know!

wendallsan

02 Jul 2021

I've updated my plugin to minor version "d12," which ensures that the Gate In/Out Lamp stays on long enough to be seen when VERY short Note or Gate In events are sent to the device, such as when connecting a Gate Out from ReDrum into the Gate In on Trigger Happy. This lamp now stays on for at least 1/10th of a second if the note or gate in data is shorter than that.

I also updated the Trigger Out time length from 200ms to 100ms after doing some research on what a "reasonable" Trigger signal should be in a modular synth. Apparently just a few milliseconds is all that is needed, so this 100ms-long trigger is probably overkill still, and may be adjusted again depending on the current round of testing that I'm doing.

If you're testing, I've updated your access to this latest version! Thanks!

• Information