CORIOLIS FORCE (Sustainer, Parallel Pitch-Shifter, Filter, Wah, Tape-Stop/Play Stompbox fx)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
turn2on
RE Developer

18 Jun 2021

Coriolis Force:
• Stompbox: Sustainer, Filter, Dual Pitch Shifter
• Tape-Stop & Play / Wah / Harmonizer / Drifter FX
• 3 Pitch Horizon modes & 4 Mark characters

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... lis-force/
video+web2.png
video+web2.png (935.71 KiB) Viewed 3370 times
Coriolis Force is a pretty weird phenomenon however the nature of it is simple: Different parts of the Earth move at different speeds.
The Earth rotates once every 24 hours.

If you stand within a few steps of center at the North or South pole, the speed of your foot is around 8 km/h. If you stand on the equator line, the speed of your foot is around 1673 km/h. Nothing has changed. The Earth is still rotating at the same speed but your travel speed is different depending on where on Earth you are standing.

Anything traveling long distances, such as air currents, ocean currents, airplanes etc. will be pushed out of linear movement due to the Coriolis Effect.
The Coriolis Effect is a force that causes objects in motion to deflect in relation to a rotating reference frame.

CORIOLIS FORCE is based on a Pitch-Shifter with parallel mode, sustain holder, multimode filter, wah fx and harmonizer.
The Pitch-Shifter's Coarse and Fine parameters allow individual adjustment of the pitch value of the wet signal for the Left & Right channels. When Parallel mode is engaged, pitch shifting the Left Channel also affects the Right Channel and vice versa. Left and Right pitch-shifter channels have a range of +/-1 octave and have +/-12 semitones fine tuning control. The Pitch-shifter has 4 different Mark modes each with its own frequency characteristics.

When the HOLD button is enabled the wet Pitch-Shifted signal is frozen to a micro loop. A clean dry signal can then be played in parallel to the frozen processed pitch-shifted signal.

In SPECIAL mode, the filter is controlled by the Left or Right Pitch-Shifter parameter. From here it is possible to vary filter modes and routings. This allows emulation of Tape-Stop or Tape-Play effects. If the filter Frequency parameter is controlled using the LEFT PITCH SHIFTER, it works as SUM (Filter+Left Pitch Shifter). The RIGHT channel continues to operate as a simple Right channel Pitch Shifter. And vice versa

Hold control mode is accessible on rear panel. This is used to select between toggle On/Off button and momentary button modes.
Routing mode selects between Off/Main/Post modes of the filter section. In Main mode the wet signal is routed to the Filter. The Filter does not affect the Dry signal. In Post mode both the wet and dry signal are routed to the Filter.
The Filter includes 4 different modes: LowPass (LPX), HighPass (HPX), BandPass (BPX) and XAU (X-Wau) filter.
Coriolis Force's large number of filter and pitch-shifter modes allow for incredible manipulation of pitch and filter frequencies. The freeze function further enhances the effect increasing the creative possibilities

plesio

18 Jun 2021

The audio samples imho are absolutely amazing. I will get the trial right now.
Good work, turn2on !
:reason: R11 Suite & R+, what else. I just love it. https://soundcloud.com/user-543016572
Ultimate mixing noob with medical certified lowpass at 9,6 kHz :(
Music is that certain noise you can remember three minutes later...and vice versa.

freshkidblaze

18 Jun 2021

I'm sold off the demo, going to try it before I purchase!

bak

19 Jun 2021

Congrats on the release... It's a great looking and sounding rack

kbard

21 Jun 2021

I am going to test this one out later this week. Can anyone comment on a signal delay? How much is signal delayed in pitch shifters? I certainly doubt it's zero latency?

turn2on
RE Developer

21 Jun 2021

Hi, need to said before anybody trying to make delay measuring:

MARK parameter: downsamples the effect (and in 7kHz or 5 kHz mode, this works at 1/2 or 1/4 speed). Why?
This helps to better handle the lower frequencies and sounds better for the lower and upper tones.
Just listen to sounds like a piano chord. And you can hear the differences between the MARK modes.

And back to delays.
Using downsampled modes, the bandwidth parameter is halved, and latency is doubled.
Its why any users delay tests can have various results.
Now you know, that MARK modes can downsampling FX that adds charm to the pitch effect

eoinoco

21 Jun 2021

This sounds amazing. Is that a typo on the front panel? "corase". Should it be Coarse?
Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 5.52.22 p.m..png
Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 5.52.22 p.m..png (39.26 KiB) Viewed 2977 times
Last edited by eoinoco on 21 Jun 2021, edited 1 time in total.

motuscott

21 Jun 2021

Someone should stop this guy.
He's a danger to the community
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

motuscott

21 Jun 2021

More like a danger to my bank account
Amirite?
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

turn2on
RE Developer

21 Jun 2021

eoinoco wrote:
21 Jun 2021
This sounds amazing. Is that a typo on the front panel? "corase". Should it be Coarse?Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 5.52.22 p.m..png
Thank you for attention.
Device images currently is a photoshop, not real printscreens, before R12 start to work at 4K.
Photoshop image with typo. Sorry. Must be fixed soon.

BradfordMoeller

23 Jun 2021

I've instantly bought most of what Turn2On has done, including Coriolis Force, which is incredible.

I do have a question though: is it possible to only have the wet signal present when the hold button is engaged?

As in, in many cases, I'd like for the signal to be completely dry, aside from what's being sustained by the hold button. Any thoughts?
:reason:)))

turn2on
RE Developer

23 Jun 2021

Hi, BradfordMoeller

At first, device support to use Momentary mode of Hold button (holding sound only at pressing button moment). Switching at rear panel.

Coriolis Force was been designed to pitch wet sound, and at Hold moment, save wet sound with active pitch in parallel to dry sound. Placement help to mix them (dry/wet).
Its very useful to playing withs pitch, and at needed moment hold wet sound, but play with original signal at the same time.

You can easy realise what you want in Reason. I build Combi with this functional and attaching it..
Combi have one HOLD button.
If button not used, you can play with DRY signal, no wet signal at all.
When pressing Combi Hold, no more dry signal, used only pitched and holded Wet signal.
This is what you need?
Coriolis_StartDry_HoldWet.png
Coriolis_StartDry_HoldWet.png (539.75 KiB) Viewed 2782 times
You can change in Combi Programmer Placement range not as 0/100%, but as 0/50% that helps to listen both Dry and Wet signals with HOLD.
START DRY and HOLD WET.cmb.zip
(51.19 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
I also attach Combinator Backdrops (JPG, multilayered PSD):
Coriolis Backdrop JPG PSD.zip
(609.9 KiB) Downloaded 60 times

BradfordMoeller

23 Jun 2021

turn2on wrote:
23 Jun 2021

You can easy realise what you want in Reason. I build Combi with this functional and attaching it..
Combi have one HOLD button.
If button not used, you can play with DRY signal, no wet signal at all.
When pressing Combi Hold, no more dry signal, used only pitched and holded Wet signal.
This is what you need?
You are truly my favorite RE developer!

This is incredibly cool, thank you very much for this!- I was trying to also hear the dry signal once the wet signal gets turned on by the hold button, and your combinator quickly helped me get to what I think will be how I do it:

(100% dry + hold = 50/50 dry wet at the same levels)

I attached an image of what I changed with the hold button that I think will work, in case you or someone else is curious.
(Only changed button 1, I am still fine tuning gain change)

While I'm sure I'll be using this RE in many ways, this particular way will function like the ElectroHarmonix Freeze pedal for guitar, which I've always been curious about.

Let me know if you have any additional thoughts and thanks again!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 12.48.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 12.48.59 PM.png (39.08 KiB) Viewed 2749 times
:reason:)))

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Nov 2021

I’m bumping this just because I’m not sure people noticed this when it came out. Great RE.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

challism

06 Nov 2021

ha ha, I just watched this video because MrFigg messaged me with it. This does look like an interesting FX RE.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Tinnitus

06 Nov 2021

I bought this during the Halloween special having trialed it a while ago. Was really difficult deciding between several of his similar REs dropnlift and ghammy. In some ways it's a shame they weren't consolidated into a fewer devices. Nice device though.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Nov 2021

Tinnitus wrote:
06 Nov 2021
I bought this during the Halloween special having trialed it a while ago. Was really difficult deciding between several of his similar REs dropnlift and ghammy. In some ways it's a shame they weren't consolidated into a fewer devices. Nice device though.
Ghammy is modeled after the original Digitech Whammy pedal. Newer versions of the hardware pedal have now added a simple drop and lift function. The T2on Drop’n’Lift however adds a whole load of extra features to those found on the hardware version which is probably the reason it’s been produced as a separate device. The Coriolis RE is based on a completely different guitar stomp box altogether.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

turn2on
RE Developer

28 Jan 2022

Coriolis Force (dual pitch shifter) updated to v.1.1.1:

- Bugfix of audio dropouts at the pitch activity
- Pitch shifting optimisation
- More smoothing on the Filter Frequency in all modes

turn2on
RE Developer

21 Mar 2024

Coriolis Force (dual parallel pitch-shifter)

Update 1.1.2: Reduced CPU load when processed wet signal is inaudible, at 0%.

• Information