Does a Rack Extension that can host a VST plugin exist?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Lotuz2019

15 Jun 2021

There are RRP users like me who would like to be able to use VST plugins inside the RRP. Maybe Reason Studios aren't interested in adding VST support to RRP, but would they allow someone to develope an RE that can host a VST plugin? Has anyone already developed such an adapter? Maybe someone retired that idea years ago when VST support was added to the DAW, but for the RRP it could be revived. Wouldn't that be great? :cool:

orthodox
RE Developer

15 Jun 2021

Such an adapter will never, ever be possible.

Billy+

15 Jun 2021

Lotuz2019 wrote:
15 Jun 2021
There are RRP users like me who would like to be able to use VST plugins inside the RRP. Maybe Reason Studios aren't interested in adding VST support to RRP, but would they allow someone to develope an RE that can host a VST plugin? Has anyone already developed such an adapter? Maybe someone retired that idea years ago when VST support was added to the DAW, but for the RRP it could be revived. Wouldn't that be great? :cool:
Well I don't think you going to see a 3rd party RE that would work as the current SDK isn't suitable, however there are some hosts that might be usable given that RRP is a vst.

Nektar has Nektarine.
Blue cat has Patchwork.

Lotuz2019

15 Jun 2021

:( Thanks for replying this quickly though. :-) Then I hope RS will become interested in adding VST support to the RRP.

• Information