Can't Edit Effects In Obsession

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
22ndCenturyStudio

12 Jun 2021

I've had the Obsession RE trial for a couple of weeks and have yet to figure out how to open the editing area of the effects.Due to it being a trial,I thought perhaps,the effects editing was disabled.I then purchased this RE today & still cannot do any effects editing.I downloaded the manual and despite there being screenshots of the edting page,I found no instructions on how to access the editing area.At which time,I sought out a tutorial video on YouTube,but it was for the VST version and in the VST version...there is an icon in the far upper right-hand corner,which takes you to page 2 of the VST(but this icon is missing in the RE version.
Is there no way to edit in the RE version....are the effect parameters fixed??

retreed
Competition Winner

12 Jun 2021

22ndCenturyStudio wrote:
12 Jun 2021
I've had the Obsession RE trial for a couple of weeks and have yet to figure out how to open the editing area of the effects.Due to it being a trial,I thought perhaps,the effects editing was disabled.I then purchased this RE today & still cannot do any effects editing.I downloaded the manual and despite there being screenshots of the edting page,I found no instructions on how to access the editing area.At which time,I sought out a tutorial video on YouTube,but it was for the VST version and in the VST version...there is an icon in the far upper right-hand corner,which takes you to page 2 of the VST(but this icon is missing in the RE version.
Is there no way to edit in the RE version....are the effect parameters fixed??
The FX are on the back of the device, so you just turn the rack around by pressing the TAB key on your keyboard.

Keep in mind that the effects button on the main page must be activated (red light) to work.

Billy+

12 Jun 2021

I don't have the RE but have you checked the back with [tab] ?
IMG_2726.JPG
IMG_2726.JPG (182.98 KiB) Viewed 1132 times

22ndCenturyStudio

12 Jun 2021

retreed wrote:
12 Jun 2021

The FX are on the back of the device, so you just turn the rack around by pressing the TAB key on your keyboard.

Keep in mind that the effects button on the main page must be activated (red light) to work.
Thank you so much(I've never much bothered with accessing the rear of Reason's instruments,so that did not occur to me.) As for the red light effects button,I am very well aware of it(as it's the first thing I noticed when looking to do editing) and after all,it is on the front face of the RE,but thanks.

DaveyG

12 Jun 2021

22ndCenturyStudio wrote:
12 Jun 2021
retreed wrote:
12 Jun 2021

Thank you so much(I've never much bothered with accessing the rear of Reason's instruments,so that did not occur to me.) As for the red light effects button,I am very well aware of it(as it's the first thing I noticed when looking to do editing) and after all,it is on the front face of the RE,but thanks.
Don't blame yourself. It's an utterly dreadful design decision to put all those FX controls on the back panel. WTF were they thinking??? :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Loque

12 Jun 2021

DaveyG wrote:
12 Jun 2021
22ndCenturyStudio wrote:
12 Jun 2021

Don't blame yourself. It's an utterly dreadful design decision to put all those FX controls on the back panel. WTF were they thinking??? :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
Size...and probably might be easier to switch/migrate from VST to RE for them. Better this, than they dont make any RE anymore.
Reason12, Win10

DaveyG

12 Jun 2021

Loque wrote:
12 Jun 2021
DaveyG wrote:
12 Jun 2021

Size...and probably might be easier to switch/migrate from VST to RE for them. Better this, than they dont make any RE anymore.
Loque, even in your world where you defend almost everything, that is an indefensible decision. They could have just had another tab or button on the front to access the FX. Because we don't walk around to the back of a rack to adjust the reverb or delay. It's just bad design, plain and simple.

Loque

12 Jun 2021

DaveyG wrote:
12 Jun 2021
Loque wrote:
12 Jun 2021

Loque, even in your world where you defend almost everything, that is an indefensible decision. They could have just had another tab or button on the front to access the FX. Because we don't walk around to the back of a rack to adjust the reverb or delay. It's just bad design, plain and simple.
Dont buy it. Thats so simple. Make decisions with your wallet.
Reason12, Win10

22ndCenturyStudio

12 Jun 2021

DaveyG wrote:
12 Jun 2021
22ndCenturyStudio wrote:
12 Jun 2021

A bad design indeed....but RE designs seem to be quite restrictive and therefore, developers probably cannot squeeze all of the necessary controls within the GUI of certain synths.Then again though...I don't see why a drop-down menu wouldn't work?

raymondh

12 Jun 2021

It never crossed my mind that this was a negative until I read the thread haha!
First world problems!
Now I'm mad I have to reach to the back of my Roland Boutique synths to adjust the volume control :D

MannequinRaces

12 Jun 2021

DaveyG wrote:
12 Jun 2021
Loque wrote:
12 Jun 2021

All you have to do is press tab. Get over it.

deeplink
Competition Winner

13 Jun 2021

I don't have this RE, but the Legend is similar in the use of the back of the rack.

IMO, I actually like it. Keeps things tighter in the front - and it's a good use of available space.

Even Thor's mini instruction manual at the back is pretty cool.

Grain and Europa on the other hand... That's just awful.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

• Information