Why Maia orange edition is less expensive than Maia 2 in the madness sales?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
taipeiwalkerhk

22 May 2021

Sorry guys if this has been discussed before. I couldn't download MOE maybe I downloaded it before ( I really forgot the trial experiences).... May I know the main difference between 2 synths is the OSC of MOE is base on the sounds of Waldorf Microwave XT synth where M2 based on real instruments?

But both UI / features are nearly the same? Am I right?

Regards!
Cowby

Gardinski

22 May 2021

I'm not sure what the current prices are without, as I own both so can't see the figures without logging out, but my guess would be that any price discrepancy would be due to 'Maia 2' being a very recent paid update. (It has literally had a complete overhaul in the past month or so.)

I absolutely love Maia Orange Edition, and would recommend it highly. In truth, upon first hearing it I found it more sonically pleasing than the original Maia, and bought it first (followed by Maia a few months later), but that's just a matter of personal taste. I wouldn't interpret the lower price as being reflective of lesser quality. They're both exceptionally strong synths, and very versatile.

Luna is a beauty too.

altron

22 May 2021

> I absolutely love Maia Orange Edition, and would recommend it highly

Had to give it a try after reading this topic and holy crap yes, this a surprisingly good-sounding synth! Approx. 80% of the factory patches are extremely well made. This will be a keeper. No too keen on the original Maia though. Haven't trialed but the sound demos don't impress me.
Trap is where music goes to die.

Gardinski

22 May 2021

altron wrote:
22 May 2021
> I absolutely love Maia Orange Edition, and would recommend it highly

Had to give it a try after reading this topic and holy crap yes, this a surprisingly good-sounding synth! Approx. 80% of the factory patches are extremely well made. This will be a keeper. No too keen on the original Maia though. Haven't trialed but the sound demos don't impress me.
I was the same the first time I checked out the original Maia. I was blown away by Luna straight away, but thought Maia sounded a bit 'wishy-washy' in comparison, so I skipped it until a year later. When Maia Orange came out, it was instant love once again. As you rightly said, the patch design is superb, so subsequently I decided to give the 'original' Maia a second chance (courtesy of last year's May Madness, I think), and found it had finally grown on me. I still prefer the immediacy of Luna and Maia Orange: they're quite striking and flamboyant, and they really make their presence felt... but I'm glad I gave Maia the benefit of the doubt too. It's more understated, less 'in your face', but sometimes you need that contrast.

The addition of the 'Discrete Glissando' in version 2 is a masterstroke, imho. Having that option really adds something special to the playability. And I see that Andras has added that feature to Maia Orange this very morning, in the latest update. Brilliant news! :P

taipeiwalkerhk

22 May 2021

I just bought MOE and have d/l Luna and gave it a try. Luna is a very nice synth! However, anyone knows how to enable/activate OSC table A or B ?

I could easily enable/active in both MOE and Maia 2. For example, MOE has a little LED to enable "OSC Table A ====" which I couldn't find in Luna.

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

22 May 2021

taipeiwalkerhk wrote:
22 May 2021
I just bought MOE and have d/l Luna and gave it a try. Luna is a very nice synth! However, anyone knows how to enable/activate OSC table A or B ?

I could easily enable/active in both MOE and Maia 2. For example, MOE has a little LED to enable "OSC Table A ====" which I couldn't find in Luna.
Click on the grid below A and B

The user manual is always your friend, btw :)
Andras
----------------
I am the voice of PinkNoise

:reason: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :essentials: :rebirth: :recycle: :refillpacker: :re:

altron

23 May 2021

Gardinski wrote:
22 May 2021
The addition of the 'Discrete Glissando' in version 2 is a masterstroke, imho. Having that option really adds something special to the playability. And I see that Andras has added that feature to Maia Orange this very morning, in the latest update. Brilliant news! :P
I wasn't really sure what Discrete Glisando means but checked it out yesterday. Very interesting feature!
Trap is where music goes to die.

moneykube

23 May 2021

all 3 have been updated... cool... thanks AndrasHaasz
Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 7.14.58 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 7.14.58 AM.png (18.14 KiB) Viewed 936 times
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

24 May 2021

moneykube wrote:
23 May 2021
all 3 have been updated... cool... thanks AndrasHaasz
Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 7.14.58 AM.png
You're welcome, and enjoy the fruits of 5 months of hard work ! - and thanks for your support! :)
Andras
----------------
I am the voice of PinkNoise

:reason: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :essentials: :rebirth: :recycle: :refillpacker: :re:

• Information