No Gforce deals during may madness whats up!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
WOO

21 May 2021

I thought that everything was at least 30% off. Was hoping to get chambertron and re-tron during sale.

moneykube

21 May 2021

WOO wrote:
21 May 2021
I thought that everything was at least 30% off. Was hoping to get chambertron and re-tron during sale.
I read it as all reason studios stuff as 30 percent off> since other developers discounted their racks even more than 30% off. Not all developers took part in the sale.
Last edited by moneykube on 21 May 2021, edited 1 time in total.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

guitfnky

21 May 2021

WOO wrote:
21 May 2021
30% off for Reason Studios stuff. RS doesn’t get to set prices for third party developers (I hope!)
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

joeyluck

21 May 2021

guitfnky wrote:
21 May 2021
WOO wrote:
21 May 2021
30% off for Reason Studios stuff. RS doesn’t get to set prices for third party developers (I hope!)
Unless they did a campaign where RS waives their cut of RE sales. Which would be mighty awesome of them to do. Like Bandcamp does. One or a few days out of the year. Call it RE day.

guitfnky

21 May 2021

joeyluck wrote:
21 May 2021
guitfnky wrote:
21 May 2021

Unless they did a campaign where RS waives their cut of RE sales. Which would be mighty awesome of them to do. Like Bandcamp does. One or a few days out of the year. Call it RE day.
😳
is that their cut? I know that’s standard by app store standards, but for a DAW...yeesh.

Steedus
Competition Winner

21 May 2021

I bought chambertron when it was released and have literally never used it :oops:

joeyluck

21 May 2021

Steedus wrote:
21 May 2021
I bought chambertron when it was released and have literally never used it :oops:
Chambertron is one of my favorite REs! I have all the ones my GForce. They're all really great. And Dave is a really cool guy!

joeyluck

21 May 2021

guitfnky wrote:
21 May 2021
joeyluck wrote:
21 May 2021

😳
is that their cut? I know that’s standard by app store standards, but for a DAW...yeesh.
Unless anything has changed, it's 30% if not using Gorilla Engine, 50% if making a RE using Gorilla Engine. I would presume that just means an additional 20% to UJAM.

Plus side is there is no big upfront cost such as creating a library for Kontakt Player. And then everything else is covered, such as the hosting, shop handling, license handling, and SDK updates and support...

Not sure if any RE devs would prefer to pay a fee upfront or if most of them don't mind the cut of sales.

Steedus
Competition Winner

21 May 2021

50% if using GE? Why?

guitfnky

21 May 2021

joeyluck wrote:
21 May 2021
guitfnky wrote:
21 May 2021

😳
Unless anything has changed, it's 30% if not using Gorilla Engine, 50% if making a RE using Gorilla Engine. I would presume that just means an additional 20% to UJAM.

Plus side is there is no big upfront cost such as creating a library for Kontakt Player. And then everything else is covered, such as the hosting, shop handling, license handling, and SDK updates and support...

Not sure if any RE devs would prefer to pay a fee upfront or if most of them don't mind the cut of sales.
wow, that's not great. no wonder there were some serious grumbles after the R+ announcement, when they kind of shafted the 3rd party devs and the Shop. 😰

joeyluck

21 May 2021

guitfnky wrote:
21 May 2021
joeyluck wrote:
21 May 2021

wow, that's not great. no wonder there were some serious grumbles after the R+ announcement, when they kind of shafted the 3rd party devs and the Shop. 😰
I guess you could say there would be even more reason to be upset if using the hosting and RE SDK cost a fee up front. I'm not arguing in defense of the change...I don't know why the shop hasn't returned to the navigation at the top of the page. Does seem like a weird choice.

Especially since RS gets a cut of sales, they should have a vested interest in customers buying anything from the shop.

Only RS can know for sure what effects the move of the shop has had (page loads, trials, and purchases). RE devs may also have a rough idea based on their own sales.

• Information