Strange issue with 'Helium' (DNA) trial

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Gardinski

17 May 2021

Hello chaps,

Has anyone tried installing the trial version of DNA's Helium recently? I took out a trial around lunchtime today, but it simply isn't showing up amongst my rack extensions. My other three DNA Labs REs are there (including Glacius, which I bought this morning shortly before attempting the Helium installation), but there's no sign of Helium.

Furthermore, it is no longer showing up under 'My Account' / Rack Extensions (as would usually be the case for a trial product).

And yet it shows up in Authorizer as 'installed 17/05/2021 11:48am', and there's definitely been 4 or 5Gb of SSD space consumed during the installation, so I'm pretty sure the download happened smoothly enough.

I'm wondering if it's a fault with the RE itself or a glitch at ReasonStudio's end. If anyone else is experiencing the same thing, that might help us to figure out where the problem lies. (I tried the new Support Bot, but it seemed more interested in pointing me towards a bunch of irrelevant articles, and RS probably have too much on their plate to handle support tickets right now.)

DaveyG

18 May 2021

Gardinski wrote:
17 May 2021

Furthermore, it is no longer showing up under 'My Account' / Rack Extensions (as would usually be the case for a trial product).
That's your problem. It's like it thinks your trial has already expired. If you look at the RE in the shop is the trial "used"?
You might need human support to sort it. Assuming there still is some human support at RS....

Gardinski

18 May 2021

Cheers Davey. I suspected this might be the case, but it seems odd that I've never encountered it before now, which is why I was wondering if it was happening to anyone else... If so, that might point to a possible blip (either with this specific product, or with the store in general.)

I'll try human support, now that we're in 'office hours'. Thanks again.

• Information