RE Request: Forgotten Clank Viewer

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
deeplink
Competition Winner

06 May 2021

I must say out of all the RE's - the Waveform display in the Forgotten Clank Master Clipper is by far the best.
It looks great and is really smooth.

I often use this device before + after a particular effect (e.g compressor) to see what's happening with the signal - or just to see where the peak level is sitting, especially to catch nasty transients.

So I'm wondering if there is any interest in pulling just the display from Master Clipper into a smaller utility device.
Added bonus for some gridlines and/or peak level reading.

I hope this gains some interest, unless there is another RE that does the same thing just as well?
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Loque

06 May 2021

Man, i am looking for a really good sample view (oscilloscope) for quite a while now and nothing really fits. I need a "standing" wave and some additional tweaking. I am so close to buy LFO Tool from xfer and i really do not want to do that...

Sadly the Panda doesnt updated some of his older visualization devices. Maybe he does if the HD graphics will come...who knows.

I am in, for a really good viewer RE, which does not eat all my CPU.
Reason12, Win10

madwurmz

06 May 2021

yes you are right! great idea, but it shouldn't smaller, should it? I use it for the same reason. its easy to see my snare being too loud.
I also tried RE 128 loudness meter for this purpose and Skope and Spektrum Signal Monitor from Lectric Panda , but its not the same.
madwurmz from planet verbs

retreed
Competition Winner

06 May 2021

Loque wrote:
06 May 2021
Man, i am looking for a really good sample view (oscilloscope) for quite a while now and nothing really fits. I need a "standing" wave and some additional tweaking. I am so close to buy LFO Tool from xfer and i really do not want to do that...

Sadly the Panda doesnt updated some of his older visualization devices. Maybe he does if the HD graphics will come...who knows.

I am in, for a really good viewer RE, which does not eat all my CPU.
Not sure if the new oscilloscope mode works nicely for you, that was introduced a few weeks ago:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... -analyzer/
I would have tested it, but used my trial a while ago.

There are some oscilloscope VSTs out there, but I found Psyscope a solid free (cheap pro multichannel easy routing version), until any RE can fill the gap: https://fx23.net/psyscope/
Maybe it helps.

challism

06 May 2021

Have you looked at Static Cling's Optic? I think it's quite nice. It's got two modes: Oscilloscope and Frequency Analysis.
1.JPG
1.JPG (290.81 KiB) Viewed 1129 times
2.JPG
2.JPG (249.54 KiB) Viewed 1129 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

deeplink
Competition Winner

06 May 2021

mad@madwurmz.com wrote:
06 May 2021
yes you are right! great idea, but it shouldn't smaller, should it? I use it for the same reason. its easy to see my snare being too loud.
I also tried RE 128 loudness meter for this purpose and Skope and Spektrum Signal Monitor from Lectric Panda , but its not the same.
I guess I meant the RE unit itself to be smaller than the Master Clipper - as there is a lot of dead/empty space.

The display can stay the same height, perhaps just make it longer.

deeplink
Competition Winner

06 May 2021

challism wrote:
06 May 2021
Have you looked at Static Cling's Optic? I think it's quite nice. It's got two modes: Oscilloscope and Frequency Analysis.
I have tried Static Cling's Optic.. I still find the resolution and refresh rate a bit low - even after the update.

Also again, as a utility device I'm always looking for something smaller - say the footprint of The Echo.

The Echo has always been a niced sized device for me.

Loque

06 May 2021

retreed wrote:
06 May 2021
Thanks. I will give it a try.
Psyscope doesnt do it for me :-(

challism wrote: ...
Would you be so kind to check the performance/CPU impact with the new reason CPU meter?
Reason12, Win10

madwurmz

06 May 2021

challism wrote:
06 May 2021
Have you looked at Static Cling's Optic?
Oh, that update is cool! I use Analyzer VST but now Optic looks more handy.
I notice the oscilloscope is not able to zoom out to a full beat measure , makes it not a fit solution to this topic.

I got Pumper 3 VST when it was free, it shows the sound wave going on and also has a second layer to see changes.
that would be great for a RE. with customizible colors for visual enrichment
madwurmz from planet verbs

challism

06 May 2021

Loque wrote:
06 May 2021

Would you be so kind to check the performance/CPU impact with the new reason CPU meter?
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Faastwalker

06 May 2021

Loque wrote:
06 May 2021
Man, i am looking for a really good sample view (oscilloscope) for quite a while now and nothing really fits. I need a "standing" wave and some additional tweaking. I am so close to buy LFO Tool from xfer and i really do not want to do that... I am in, for a really good viewer RE, which does not eat all my CPU.
Same. The existing solutions available in Reason are okay. There’s a few now. But none quite do the job well enough.

Surely it’s possible to do a proper oscilloscope / vectorscope as an RE these days. Then we can try some scope drawing Jerobeam Fenderson style :D

Loque

07 May 2021

challism wrote:
06 May 2021
Thanks, very nice test. Does the mute on the front reduce CPU too?
Reason12, Win10

Loque

07 May 2021

Faastwalker wrote:
06 May 2021
Yes, exactly. Than we need a new subforum discussing how to create the images 😊
Reason12, Win10

• Information