New RE: Dual Saturator by Skrock

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

User avatar
Adabler
Posts: 424
Joined: 05 Oct 2017
Location: Oslo

Post 05 Apr 2021

I think this is the first fx unit from Skrock. Cool!
:reason: 11 Suite, Win10

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 3949
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 09 Apr 2021

No raw audio examples on the video though, just a video of it being used in the context of a mix which is pretty useless. You want to hear it used on an actual track like A/B'd with and without and see how the parameters alter the sound. So you have to use the trial up to hear it properly. These trials want changing to ten 1 day trials instead of a month long one (doesn't tell you how long the trial is either, is it a month or 30 days? poor that it doesn't tell you).
:reason:

Propellerhead Reason 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.25 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
Noise
Posts: 311
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: Lisbon

Post 09 Apr 2021

Creativemind wrote:
09 Apr 2021
(doesn't tell you how long the trial is either, is it a month or 30 days? poor that it doesn't tell you).
It's 30 days!

http://docs.propellerheads.se/reason10/ ... .13.3.html

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 3949
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 09 Apr 2021

Noise wrote:
09 Apr 2021
Creativemind wrote:
09 Apr 2021
(doesn't tell you how long the trial is either, is it a month or 30 days? poor that it doesn't tell you).
It's 30 days!

http://docs.propellerheads.se/reason10/ ... .13.3.html
So that's on their site is it? nothing when you actually click the link telling you how long it is.
:reason:

Propellerhead Reason 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.25 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 3227
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 09 Apr 2021

Creativemind wrote:
09 Apr 2021
No raw audio examples on the video though, just a video of it being used in the context of a mix which is pretty useless. You want to hear it used on an actual track like A/B'd with and without and see how the parameters alter the sound. So you have to use the trial up to hear it properly. These trials want changing to ten 1 day trials instead of a month long one (doesn't tell you how long the trial is either, is it a month or 30 days? poor that it doesn't tell you).
huh? RE trials have always been 30 days...am I missing something?

User avatar
Skrock
RE Developer
Posts: 143
Joined: 08 Jul 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 09 Apr 2021

Hi guys!

Just released update 1.0.1
  • Now compatible with Reason 9.2 and up.
  • Improvement: RE is now silenced when switching filter modes to remove unwanted noises.
  • Added: "Saturation Input" scale control on the back, default mode is 100%. Range 0% - 150%.

Reason 11 project file if you want to play around with it https://www.sendspace.com/file/04tiub

Here's a DRY / Bypassed -> to different presets demo
https://www.skrockmusic.com/
https://soundcloud.com/derekstrike
https://soundcloud.com/marcusbits
I make music in Reason using using Skrock synths and the creative tools from other developers!

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 3949
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 09 Apr 2021

guitfnky wrote:
09 Apr 2021
Creativemind wrote:
09 Apr 2021
No raw audio examples on the video though, just a video of it being used in the context of a mix which is pretty useless. You want to hear it used on an actual track like A/B'd with and without and see how the parameters alter the sound. So you have to use the trial up to hear it properly. These trials want changing to ten 1 day trials instead of a month long one (doesn't tell you how long the trial is either, is it a month or 30 days? poor that it doesn't tell you).
huh? RE trials have always been 30 days...am I missing something?
Yeah and I'd forgot the exact length of the trial, if it was 30 days or a month. I would've thought it common sense to state this underneath where it says Download trial or is that just me?
:reason:

Propellerhead Reason 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.25 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
Skrock
RE Developer
Posts: 143
Joined: 08 Jul 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 10 Apr 2021

Creativemind wrote:
09 Apr 2021
guitfnky wrote:
09 Apr 2021


huh? RE trials have always been 30 days...am I missing something?
Yeah and I'd forgot the exact length of the trial, if it was 30 days or a month. I would've thought it common sense to state this underneath where it says Download trial or is that just me?
Since months range from 28 to 31, 30 is the length of a trial, and that makes sense. But I agree, if it's not obvious and visible where it should be, send a mail/tweet or platform of choice to reasonstudios (Propellerhead in my heart 4ever) and let them know.
https://www.skrockmusic.com/
https://soundcloud.com/derekstrike
https://soundcloud.com/marcusbits
I make music in Reason using using Skrock synths and the creative tools from other developers!

User avatar
Skrock
RE Developer
Posts: 143
Joined: 08 Jul 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 10 Apr 2021

Adabler wrote:
05 Apr 2021
I think this is the first fx unit from Skrock. Cool!
Yes it is! And it's a whole new world, love it. I have a series of FX planned at this point, there are so many great RE tools out there and I don't see any reason to add to existing stuff. I'm more focused on what I haven't seen or what I would want to see in the reason rack. If you have any suggestions on how to improve on Dual Sat I'm all ears too. v 1.0.1 is out and will improve it further if makes sense
https://www.skrockmusic.com/
https://soundcloud.com/derekstrike
https://soundcloud.com/marcusbits
I make music in Reason using using Skrock synths and the creative tools from other developers!

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 3949
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 10 Apr 2021

Skrock wrote:
10 Apr 2021
Creativemind wrote:
09 Apr 2021


Yeah and I'd forgot the exact length of the trial, if it was 30 days or a month. I would've thought it common sense to state this underneath where it says Download trial or is that just me?
Since months range from 28 to 31, 30 is the length of a trial, and that makes sense. But I agree, if it's not obvious and visible where it should be, send a mail/tweet or platform of choice to reasonstudios (Propellerhead in my heart 4ever) and let them know.
Will do but it does get rather tiresome having to constantly point out rather obvious things to Reason Studio's in their software and also now on their site.
:reason:

Propellerhead Reason 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.25 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2719
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

Post 12 Apr 2021

This is NOT a video about Dual Saturator however I do use it in 3 places.

A night in with Voltage Modular and Reason.....


  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 4 guests