Drum sequencer - batch midi note editing

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Reminiscence

27 Mar 2021

Hey there,

Is there a way to alter the midi input field in the drum sequencer as all 8 at the same time instead of just 1 lane at a time? I want to run some VST drum machines through it, but find the process slightly tedious. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :thumbup:

Edit: I'll just save a init template for the required midi settings. :D

Re8et
Competition Winner

27 Mar 2021

:?: If you stack one over another, and play a pattern on the first with all 8 rows filled, and then record with the lower, it should records all 8 rows...
What is your settings?? It should work as far as recording; but I'm not sure I got the point.

Reminiscence

28 Mar 2021

Certain VSTs have a default layout for their sounds on certain note ranges (midi-values) like Battery or Polyplex, and by default Drum Sequencer is mainly catered for Redrum and Kong for example in its default note range settings. I was just wondering if there is a one-stop way to alter the values on Drum Sequencer to correspond with the midi-values of these VSTs. I found a way around it, but it's still relatively time consuming especially for a live performance setup.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

28 Mar 2021

Reminiscence wrote:
28 Mar 2021
Certain VSTs have a default layout for their sounds on certain note ranges (midi-values) like Battery or Polyplex, and by default Drum Sequencer is mainly catered for Redrum and Kong for example in its default note range settings. I was just wondering if there is a one-stop way to alter the values on Drum Sequencer to correspond with the midi-values of these VSTs. I found a way around it, but it's still relatively time consuming especially for a live performance setup.
I use the Delta player for remapping. The TM-1 from Robotic Bean also works well...

Delta works well with remapping other players and I have used it to remap the Drum Seq. player to Battery...
TM-1 works really well with different gate sources from different devices mapped back to one device. (one to one also works)

Reminiscence

28 Mar 2021

Thanks I'll check them out! :)

• Information