Ekssperimental Sounds SPACEXPANDER - Spring Reverb

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
PhillipOrdonez

Post 27 Mar 2021

Thanks to the developers!
Perpetual license holder

ekss
RE Developer

Post 27 Mar 2021

Loque wrote:
27 Mar 2021
The reverb or the convolution samples sound really nice. The bad thing is, it consumes around 6-8 times more of the CPU usage from RV7000MKII so i'd rather would have just the samples or does this thing any additional magic to justify the CPU usage?
Only thing added is the tube type amplifier on the input and the the filter(s). It shouldn’t consume much of cpu, but I’m not sure how optimized Gorilla Engine is. I’ve used the same stuff in other REs and none has been particularly heavy on the cpu, but i guess RV7000 is super optimized. Reason is known for being cpu friendly.

You can get the samples (and a few additional ones) for $7 directly from Past To Future - so if cpu power is an issue I suggest you go get them!

ekss
RE Developer

Post 27 Mar 2021

Yonatan wrote:
27 Mar 2021
Lovely taste of 70’s jamaican dub reverb on the drums. Thanks. Will have to test on vocals too.
Really quality RE”s by this developer. 🙏🏼
Yeah, king tubby used the spacexpander! I really love the springy’ness and atmosphere it has!

Loque

Post 27 Mar 2021

ekss wrote:
27 Mar 2021
Loque wrote:
27 Mar 2021
The reverb or the convolution samples sound really nice. The bad thing is, it consumes around 6-8 times more of the CPU usage from RV7000MKII so i'd rather would have just the samples or does this thing any additional magic to justify the CPU usage?
Only thing added is the tube type amplifier on the input and the the filter(s). It shouldn’t consume much of cpu, but I’m not sure how optimized Gorilla Engine is. I’ve used the same stuff in other REs and none has been particularly heavy on the cpu, but i guess RV7000 is super optimized. Reason is known for being cpu friendly.

You can get the samples (and a few additional ones) for $7 directly from Past To Future - so if cpu power is an issue I suggest you go get them!
Thanks for the hint 👍

I noticed that convolution reverbs in other RE and Guerilla Engine are quite heavy on the CPU too.
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

ekss
RE Developer

Post 11 Apr 2021

Hi RT crew!
I just wanted to give a heads up!
I’ve been discussing with Past To Future about how long we should have this offered for free and about doing an update. We want to add in the remaining IRs from the Vol.2 pack, adding CV jacks for gain and mix and also adding a IR representation on the front panel.
So we decided to make a 2.0 update and with it change from a free product to a paid one. The update will be minimum price (I think it’s 9usd) and the full price will be 49 usd. There’s been over 1300 downloads (that’s pretty much in the RE world!) of the free version so we recon that everyone that wanted it probably has got it by now (if you still haven’t got it please go and download while it’s still free!).
The update is of course optional so if you like it ‘as is’ you can just keep using it. We hope that those who really like it and also want the new features feel ok to pay the minimum price for the update and help supporting more collaboration REs by Ekssperimental Sounds and Past To Future Reverbs.
It will probably take about a week until 2.0 is ready so tell your friends to get it now!

Steedus

Post 11 Apr 2021

I was going to suggest when you were trying to decide if to keep it free or not that you could do a paid version with the other IRs included etc. Sounds good, definitely worth the upgrade!

ekss
RE Developer

Post 11 Apr 2021

Steedus wrote:
11 Apr 2021
I was going to suggest when you were trying to decide if to keep it free or not that you could do a paid version with the other IRs included etc. Sounds good, definitely worth the upgrade!
❤️

MrFigg

Post 16 Apr 2021

丰2ॐ

Steedus

Post 17 Apr 2021

Bought!

moneykube

Post 19 Apr 2021

a fair upgrade price.. bought and thank you for your endless temptations... bundle time
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals -

ksniod

Post 19 Apr 2021

Great! Bought the update too

Lost Dog

Post 19 Apr 2021

Me too, many thanks

• Information