Ekssperimental Sounds SPACEXPANDER - Spring Reverb

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
User avatar
dvdrtldg
Posts: 1491
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 25 Mar 2021

Ooooh yeah this is tasty

Electric Mojo
Posts: 3
Joined: 21 Nov 2020

Post 26 Mar 2021

Thanks :)

Lotuz2019
Posts: 69
Joined: 04 Jul 2020

Post 26 Mar 2021

Some Rack Extensions are Online-only.

Some installed Rack Extensions require that you log in to use them. This may be because they are Trial versions.
Is there a way to use this RE offline?

User avatar
ekss
RE Developer
Posts: 321
Joined: 09 Nov 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 26 Mar 2021

Lotuz2019 wrote:
26 Mar 2021
Some Rack Extensions are Online-only.

Some installed Rack Extensions require that you log in to use them. This may be because they are Trial versions.
Is there a way to use this RE offline?
Go to the product page and Download via the "Buy now" button.
I think only trials require online connection!

Lotuz2019
Posts: 69
Joined: 04 Jul 2020

Post 26 Mar 2021

That's what I did. Nowhere it says it's a trial version.

User avatar
ekss
RE Developer
Posts: 321
Joined: 09 Nov 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 26 Mar 2021

If you go to "My products" and check (https://www.reasonstudios.com/user/rack ... acexpander)
Does it says trial there?

I'm not sure about how this with trials and downloads works but when I've had the same problem going to the product page and download it again usually help. It ends up in a basket for 0$ and you get to check out and download again . Hope this helps!

Lotuz2019
Posts: 69
Joined: 04 Jul 2020

Post 26 Mar 2021

I had to authorize it for offline use. Didn't expect I had to do that for free Rack Extensions.

But now I can enjoy your nice spring reverb. Thanks again! :thumbup:

User avatar
ekss
RE Developer
Posts: 321
Joined: 09 Nov 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 26 Mar 2021

Lotuz2019 wrote:
26 Mar 2021
I had to authorize it for offline use. Didn't expect I had to do that for free Rack Extensions.

But now I can enjoy your nice spring reverb. Thanks again! :thumbup:
Great that you got it to work! :thumbup:

User avatar
Zac
Posts: 1724
Joined: 19 May 2016

Post 26 Mar 2021

Thanks 👍

User avatar
ksniod
Posts: 87
Joined: 05 Jan 2019

Post 26 Mar 2021

Thanks, and it's as gorgeous as the other ones :)

Harpuia
Posts: 3
Joined: 10 Mar 2021

Post 26 Mar 2021

Really nice to have another reverb to use so I don't continue my habit of using only the RV7000 initial preset. Never realized how nice a spring reverb is for adding some nice background to spooky drone sounds.

User avatar
Adabler
Posts: 424
Joined: 05 Oct 2017
Location: Oslo

Post 26 Mar 2021

What is going on!?

Thank you very much!
:reason: 11 Suite, Win10

Heater
Posts: 413
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 26 Mar 2021

Thank you very much

User avatar
arqui
Posts: 380
Joined: 22 Jan 2015

Post 26 Mar 2021

thank you very very much,
congratulations on the great work, and very generous of you.
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

User avatar
TheGodOfRainbows
Posts: 534
Joined: 31 Mar 2015

Post 26 Mar 2021

Well, I'm loving this reverb. I would have paid for it. One thing though: why is the IR selection on the back? I find that rather frustrating. What is the reasoning behind putting in back there?

User avatar
Auryn
Posts: 747
Joined: 12 Aug 2015
Location: La Mancha

Post 26 Mar 2021

Big up your chest to EKSS for putting this out for free.
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

estuary
Posts: 105
Joined: 09 Apr 2018
Location: tokyo

Post 26 Mar 2021

Great !
Thank you
Truth is hidden in silence

User avatar
artmessiah
Posts: 25
Joined: 22 Apr 2017
Location: Virginia Beach

Post 27 Mar 2021

Thank you! Very generous gift.

User avatar
ekss
RE Developer
Posts: 321
Joined: 09 Nov 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 27 Mar 2021

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
26 Mar 2021
Well, I'm loving this reverb. I would have paid for it. One thing though: why is the IR selection on the back? I find that rather frustrating. What is the reasoning behind putting in back there?

Because its something you don’t change or live tweak, like the controls on the front. It represent a “physical” aspect of the device so to say. And it would kind of ruin the esthetics of the front panel.

User avatar
selig
RE Developer
Posts: 9156
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: The NorthWoods, CT, USA

Post 27 Mar 2021

ekss wrote:
27 Mar 2021
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
26 Mar 2021
Well, I'm loving this reverb. I would have paid for it. One thing though: why is the IR selection on the back? I find that rather frustrating. What is the reasoning behind putting in back there?

Because its something you don’t change or live tweak, like the controls on the front. It represent a “physical” aspect of the device so to say. And it would kind of ruin the esthetics of the front panel.
Just speaking for myself, it’s the first thing I would change and explore, so it would involve a bit of flipping back and forth. so I don’t agree it is something ‘you don’t change”, but agree you won’t likely live tweak it. I consider it similar to the filter selector in Pulveriser, or the algorithm selector in RV7000 which would also be odd to find on the back panel but you could make a similar argument that it isn’t likely to be “live tweaked”.
Selig Audio, LLC

User avatar
ekss
RE Developer
Posts: 321
Joined: 09 Nov 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 27 Mar 2021

selig wrote:
27 Mar 2021
ekss wrote:
27 Mar 2021



Because its something you don’t change or live tweak, like the controls on the front. It represent a “physical” aspect of the device so to say. And it would kind of ruin the esthetics of the front panel.
Just speaking for myself, it’s the first thing I would change and explore, so it would involve a bit of flipping back and forth. so I don’t agree it is something ‘you don’t change”, but agree you won’t likely live tweak it. I consider it similar to the filter selector in Pulveriser, or the algorithm selector in RV7000 which would also be odd to find on the back panel but you could make a similar argument that it isn’t likely to be “live tweaked”.

I see your point here. Maybe if i can incorporate it in the patchbrowser display to keep the design as is. There might come an update! :)

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 8341
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 27 Mar 2021

ekss wrote:
27 Mar 2021
selig wrote:
27 Mar 2021


Just speaking for myself, it’s the first thing I would change and explore, so it would involve a bit of flipping back and forth. so I don’t agree it is something ‘you don’t change”, but agree you won’t likely live tweak it. I consider it similar to the filter selector in Pulveriser, or the algorithm selector in RV7000 which would also be odd to find on the back panel but you could make a similar argument that it isn’t likely to be “live tweaked”.

I see your point here. Maybe if i can incorporate it in the patchbrowser display to keep the design as is. There might come an update! :)
Oh if exploring updates...wouldn't it be fun to be able to smack part of it to hear the springs? :D
Or even make it playable via MIDI with different velocities. Not that it can't be done now by feeding it a signal and having it 100% wet, but just a thought.

User avatar
MannequinRaces
Posts: 1508
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 27 Mar 2021

Feature requests for a free RE... SMDH, haha. You people are monsters. ;)

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 8831
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 27 Mar 2021

The reverb or the convolution samples sound really nice. The bad thing is, it consumes around 6-8 times more of the CPU usage from RV7000MKII so i'd rather would have just the samples or does this thing any additional magic to justify the CPU usage?
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

Yonatan
Posts: 1313
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 27 Mar 2021

Lovely taste of 70’s jamaican dub reverb on the drums. Thanks. Will have to test on vocals too.
Really quality RE”s by this developer. 🙏🏼

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest