Industrializer RE from Ekssperimental Sounds

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
SpeculationStudios
Posts: 15
Joined: 27 Aug 2019

Post 27 Mar 2021

I'd suspected as much before, but this settles it, Ekssperimental Sounds is the developer whose record collection I would probably most enjoy listening to.

I bought the Industrializer. If I could justify it to myself, I would purchase the other recently released rack extensions, but I just have so many other synths, and drums already.

User avatar
ekss
RE Developer
Posts: 321
Joined: 09 Nov 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 27 Mar 2021

SpeculationStudios wrote:
27 Mar 2021
I'd suspected as much before, but this settles it, Ekssperimental Sounds is the developer whose record collection I would probably most enjoy listening to.

I bought the Industrializer. If I could justify it to myself, I would purchase the other recently released rack extensions, but I just have so many other synths, and drums already.

The record collection is mostly synthesizer based stuff, underground genres like minimal synth/coldwave/NDW/industrial/italodisco but also a rather big chuck of roots/digi/uk/dub :)

I’ve come to realize that the red thread (can you say like that in English?) is electronic and experimental within all of the records I get.

User avatar
phithegoldenratio
Posts: 36
Joined: 30 Jul 2018

Post 27 Mar 2021

ekss wrote:
27 Mar 2021
SpeculationStudios wrote:
27 Mar 2021
I'd suspected as much before, but this settles it, Ekssperimental Sounds is the developer whose record collection I would probably most enjoy listening to.

I bought the Industrializer. If I could justify it to myself, I would purchase the other recently released rack extensions, but I just have so many other synths, and drums already.

The record collection is mostly synthesizer based stuff, underground genres like minimal synth/coldwave/NDW/industrial/italodisco but also a rather big chuck of roots/digi/uk/dub :)

I’ve come to realize that the red thread (can you say like that in English?) is electronic and experimental within all of the records I get.
red thread - we have that in German language. makes sense - not sure about English :puf_bigsmile:

BTW what I would love to see on the Industrializer would be a dry blend, even it makes it less *trve* to some extend :lol: .. maybe it could be a small trim like the pan and in/out gain trimpots already present...

in any case I love this RE and start to use it on all kind of material!

User avatar
ekss
RE Developer
Posts: 321
Joined: 09 Nov 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 27 Mar 2021

phithegoldenratio wrote:
27 Mar 2021
ekss wrote:
27 Mar 2021



The record collection is mostly synthesizer based stuff, underground genres like minimal synth/coldwave/NDW/industrial/italodisco but also a rather big chuck of roots/digi/uk/dub :)

I’ve come to realize that the red thread (can you say like that in English?) is electronic and experimental within all of the records I get.
red thread - we have that in German language. makes sense - not sure about English :puf_bigsmile:

BTW what I would love to see on the Industrializer would be a dry blend, even it makes it less *trve* to some extend :lol: .. maybe it could be a small trim like the pan and in/out gain trimpots already present...

in any case I love this RE and start to use it on all kind of material!
That is my first idea for an update, a dry/wet control just below the Pan trimmer :D

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 1310
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 27 Mar 2021

phithegoldenratio wrote:
27 Mar 2021
red thread - we have that in German language. makes sense - not sure about English :puf_bigsmile:
In English its called a leitmotif (which is funny as this is basically a German word) or recurring theme.
If you're in Aachen, come and visit us at the Voidspace. ... Pool's closed due to corona.

SpeculationStudios
Posts: 15
Joined: 27 Aug 2019

Post 28 Mar 2021

ekss wrote:
27 Mar 2021
minimal synth/coldwave/NDW/industrial/italodisco but also a rather big chuck of roots/digi/uk/dub :)
All good stuff. As I suspected.

User avatar
ksniod
Posts: 85
Joined: 05 Jan 2019

Post 28 Mar 2021

ekss wrote:
27 Mar 2021
phithegoldenratio wrote:
27 Mar 2021


red thread - we have that in German language. makes sense - not sure about English :puf_bigsmile:

BTW what I would love to see on the Industrializer would be a dry blend, even it makes it less *trve* to some extend :lol: .. maybe it could be a small trim like the pan and in/out gain trimpots already present...

in any case I love this RE and start to use it on all kind of material!
That is my first idea for an update, a dry/wet control just below the Pan trimmer :D
THIS is going to make me buy it

User avatar
ekss
RE Developer
Posts: 321
Joined: 09 Nov 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 28 Mar 2021

ksniod wrote:
28 Mar 2021
ekss wrote:
27 Mar 2021


That is my first idea for an update, a dry/wet control just below the Pan trimmer :D
THIS is going to make me buy it
I’ll try to make it before the intro offer end!

User avatar
ksniod
Posts: 85
Joined: 05 Jan 2019

Post 29 Mar 2021

ekss wrote:
28 Mar 2021
ksniod wrote:
28 Mar 2021

THIS is going to make me buy it
I’ll try to make it before the intro offer end!
Purchased, such a nice effect

User avatar
Faastwalker
Posts: 1823
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 29 Mar 2021

Another BUY. Very cool :thumbs_up:

User avatar
ekss
RE Developer
Posts: 321
Joined: 09 Nov 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 30 Mar 2021

ksniod wrote:
29 Mar 2021
ekss wrote:
28 Mar 2021


I’ll try to make it before the intro offer end!
Purchased, such a nice effect
Great!
I've got the dry/wet in place now, it will take a few days more but it is coming in an 1.0.1 update! :thumbup:

User avatar
ksniod
Posts: 85
Joined: 05 Jan 2019

Post 30 Mar 2021

ekss wrote:
30 Mar 2021
ksniod wrote:
29 Mar 2021

Purchased, such a nice effect
Great!
I've got the dry/wet in place now, it will take a few days more but it is coming in an 1.0.1 update! :thumbup:
:thumbs_up:

ravasb
Posts: 95
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 30 Mar 2021

Is there any chance of extending the sale for a little while so we can try out the dry/wet function?

User avatar
ekss
RE Developer
Posts: 321
Joined: 09 Nov 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 30 Mar 2021

ravasb wrote:
30 Mar 2021
Is there any chance of extending the sale for a little while so we can try out the dry/wet function?
It's just a normal dry/wet so there is really nothing to try, 0% wet = no effect, 100% wet = how it is now.
You can try it already now by creating a parallel channel and have the Industrializer on that, or use it on a send.
It's not like a new feature, more like a convenience thing, to have a mix on the device rather than separate channel/send.

ravasb
Posts: 95
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 30 Mar 2021

ekss wrote:
30 Mar 2021
ravasb wrote:
30 Mar 2021
Is there any chance of extending the sale for a little while so we can try out the dry/wet function?
It's just a normal dry/wet so there is really nothing to try, 0% wet = no effect, 100% wet = how it is now.
You can try it already now by creating a parallel channel and have the Industrializer on that, or use it on a send.
It's not like a new feature, more like a convenience thing, to have a mix on the device rather than separate channel/send.
Thank you for replying.

User avatar
decoder
Posts: 90
Joined: 04 Nov 2016

Post 30 Mar 2021

Insta-buy here... Fantastic!
Totally sold me on the retro old school industrial effect...
Thank you for creating this!

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 2454
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 30 Mar 2021

ekss wrote:
23 Mar 2021
Good idea with an FX challenge! I'm planning to make an FX bundle eventually and for the launch of that it would be perfect!
I would probably buy this now, on sale. But I'm going to wait for the bundle. Too many other Ekss Effekss I want. But this one particularly sounds tasty. And it works as a vocoder too. Cool.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

stp2015
Posts: 312
Joined: 02 Feb 2016

Post 01 Apr 2021

Very nice device. It looks beautiful, and I really like the Demos.

Unfortunately, the loose panel on the backside makes me very nervous. Could you maybe add a version where that little piece of metal is gone / attached firmly? :? :? :?

User avatar
decoder
Posts: 90
Joined: 04 Nov 2016

Post 01 Apr 2021

stp2015 wrote:
01 Apr 2021
Very nice device. It looks beautiful, and I really like the Demos.

Unfortunately, the loose panel on the backside makes me very nervous. Could you maybe add a version where that little piece of metal is gone / attached firmly? :? :? :?
I fixed mine with some duct tape! Wait... Oh crap :lol:

User avatar
ekss
RE Developer
Posts: 321
Joined: 09 Nov 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 07 Apr 2021

INDSTRLZR 1.0.1 update is now available with added mix trimmer for dry/wet, located on the Programmer unit below output Level and Pan. The level and pan will control the wet signal, the dry signal is tapped right after the initial input, so the dry level is also affected by the input gain trimmer.

Free update here: https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... trializer/

User avatar
ekss
RE Developer
Posts: 321
Joined: 09 Nov 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 07 Apr 2021

decoder wrote:
01 Apr 2021
stp2015 wrote:
01 Apr 2021
Very nice device. It looks beautiful, and I really like the Demos.

Unfortunately, the loose panel on the backside makes me very nervous. Could you maybe add a version where that little piece of metal is gone / attached firmly? :? :? :?
I fixed mine with some duct tape! Wait... Oh crap :lol:
Haha! The lid is still tucked in behind the ribbon cable, seems to sit tight, hasn’t fallen off for me one single time even when flipping the rack back and forth as a maniac :lol:

User avatar
ksniod
Posts: 85
Joined: 05 Jan 2019

Post 07 Apr 2021

ekss wrote:
07 Apr 2021
INDSTRLZR 1.0.1 update is now available with added mix trimmer for dry/wet, located on the Programmer unit below output Level and Pan. The level and pan will control the wet signal, the dry signal is tapped right after the initial input, so the dry level is also affected by the input gain trimmer.

Free update here: https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... trializer/
Thanks :thumbs_up:

ravasb
Posts: 95
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 08 Apr 2021

Thank you!

rorystorm
Posts: 94
Joined: 06 Jul 2019

Post 10 Apr 2021

so I have a question about the audio mod in. How does it work? Because I'm playing around with it now and I'd assumed it would act as a vocoder, but instead I can still hear the carrier signal clearly as well as some kind of modulation.

User avatar
ekss
RE Developer
Posts: 321
Joined: 09 Nov 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 10 Apr 2021

rorystorm wrote:
10 Apr 2021
so I have a question about the audio mod in. How does it work? Because I'm playing around with it now and I'd assumed it would act as a vocoder, but instead I can still hear the carrier signal clearly as well as some kind of modulation.

The amount of vocoder type modulation is affected by the LFO amount, so if you don’t want any carrier coming through you need to set all the programmable LFO steps to full and also set LFO depth to full, set Mode to VCF and LP, open freq to max. Then it will be 100% modulated signal and no carrier. It’s also described in the manual: https://www.dropbox.com/s/330ux1l8845dc ... l.pdf?dl=0
Last edited by ekss on 10 Apr 2021, edited 1 time in total.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Bes, CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests