Robotic Bean -60% in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

antic604

18 Mar 2021

Mataya wrote:
18 Mar 2021
Finally, sequences is mine now.
You probably should post a link.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/brow ... ic+Bean+AB
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

client6

18 Mar 2021

Thanks for the tip--just bought Resonans which I was considering using a $50 rewards voucher for but it was the same price on sale so I just bought it and saved the rewards for...hopefully some other stuff will eventually show up in the Rewards Shop.

antic604

18 Mar 2021

Does it still make sense to get Step Note Recorded if I already have Sequences?
Music tech enthusiast.

RoryM0

18 Mar 2021

antic604 wrote:
18 Mar 2021
Step Note Rec is brilliant, all the CV makes it such an experimental sequencer. You have play directions and built in scales which you can alter by sending it chords which is cool. I often have a Sequences on top of the Step Note feeding it midi to transpose the Step Note while I've got CV altering the play position and ties/mutes/gate widths etc. It's the Ultra-Matrix.

RoryM0

18 Mar 2021

I'd been looking at Resonans as the last 'big' 3rd party synth I didn't have yet. Sounds like such a great synth, the audio in and sample playing as the exciter is really interesting to me. I've always stayed away until now because of the relatively high price and also... tbh, I think it is quite ugly.

Mataya

18 Mar 2021

antic604 wrote:
18 Mar 2021
That's a good question. I have the step note II and I barely use it. I miss two things one is a note randomize feature and the other one is the lack of note input or delete with a mouse.
Sequences has note input/draw and delete and other functions, but is missing a randomize option. Matrix is 20years old and has it, so why not RB sequencers? I'm sure someone will write, "it would be missing a point" if you add that, but I would respond again...I don't care about the point, I would welcome that option.
The fact that note recorder is not a player maybe is an advantage, since it's not married to an instrument, so you can use it in the rack without loading an instrument first.
I've tried placing sequences above note step II to record sequences into note step and got an error message...maybe something RB would be interested to check out?
I've tried it just for fun.

M

Mataya

18 Mar 2021

RoryM0 wrote:
18 Mar 2021
I'd been looking at Resonans as the last 'big' 3rd party synth I didn't have yet. Sounds like such a great synth, the audio in and sample playing as the exciter is really interesting to me. I've always stayed away until now because of the relatively high price and also... tbh, I think it is quite ugly.
I had pretty much the same thoughts about it. I still want it, but I have to save for algoritm. :)
Resonans still makes some unique sounds, so I really wish I'll get it soon.

M

Mataya

18 Mar 2021

antic604 wrote:
18 Mar 2021
Also, I was always wondering if I should get sequences if I already have polystep seq? For me, the number one reason would be that sequences is regularly updated with more features. Still, polystep can do a lot.

M

Faastwalker

18 Mar 2021

Ah crap! More money I haven’t got going to get spent!! 😄

antic604

19 Mar 2021

RoryM0 wrote:
18 Mar 2021
antic604 wrote:
18 Mar 2021
Step Note Rec is brilliant, all the CV makes it such an experimental sequencer. You have play directions and built in scales which you can alter by sending it chords which is cool. I often have a Sequences on top of the Step Note feeding it midi to transpose the Step Note while I've got CV altering the play position and ties/mutes/gate widths etc. It's the Ultra-Matrix.
Thanks! Yes, its much more expanded modularity (over Sequences) was something that always drew me to it.

But I decided to not support this dev anymore, so that's one easy decision :)
Music tech enthusiast.

challism

19 Mar 2021

antic604 wrote:
19 Mar 2021
RoryM0 wrote:
18 Mar 2021

Thanks! Yes, its much more expanded modularity (over Sequences) was something that always drew me to it.

But I decided to not support this dev anymore, so that's one easy decision :)
Not supporting RB anymore? Your loss. Great Dev.

Just to be clear, you decided to stop supporting Robotic Bean because he's tired of you repeating yourself and your far-fetched assumptions in every thread. Is that right?
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

dvdrtldg

19 Mar 2021

Boycotting an excellent developer's products because they got slightly snippy with you on an internet forum is next level drama queenery

antic604

19 Mar 2021

challism wrote:
19 Mar 2021
Not supporting RB anymore? Your loss. Great Dev.
Agree, but I've enough of his REs already.

challism wrote:
19 Mar 2021
Just to be clear, you decided to stop supporting Robotic Bean because he's tired of you repeating yourself and your far-fetched assumptions in every thread. Is that right?
You know, I wouldn't mind an actual, merit-based discussion with him (or any dev) about this for a change, instead of people panicking and resorting to slander name calling. Instead he decided to reply to a post that was actually very positive about Reason and twist it (yeah, yeah @joeyluck "I know all about it"). In any other situation no one would bat an eye on that rhetorical device I used there to make my point stronger, but he decided to rather pile on me with the scared mob. You're suprised I don't appreciat it?
Music tech enthusiast.

antic604

19 Mar 2021

dvdrtldg wrote:
19 Mar 2021
Boycotting an excellent developer's products because they got slightly snippy with you on an internet forum is next level drama queenery
Actions have consequences. For both parties :)
Music tech enthusiast.

Mataya

19 Mar 2021

...and you provided a link to his product that I forgot, in your first post in this thread, soooo you're not really that mad. :)

M

antic604

19 Mar 2021

Mataya wrote:
19 Mar 2021
...and you provided a link to his product that I forgot, in your first post in this thread, soooo you're not really that mad. :)
That's because his REs are great and he deserves to be compensated for his work!

I'm not mad enough to not be able to distinguish between my personal views and benefit that both him and users of his REs can have :)
Music tech enthusiast.

electrofux

19 Mar 2021

If you have a Launchpad and knowledge how to program a Remote codec StepNoteRecorder is imho by far the best Stepsequencer on the Market. It is crazy what you can do with it.

Yonatan

19 Mar 2021

I kind of want Time slider and also the Metronome (because of the visual counter) but I tend to postpone these.
Anyone using those two and having no regrets?

Creativemind

19 Mar 2021

Wouldn't mind handclap studio. £19 is a good deal.

What's with Sequences being FREE now?

EDIT - I logged out of my account and then it displayed for £28 so I guess it was saying FREE as I already have it? confusing though, should say, "Already Purchased" or something.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Mataya

19 Mar 2021

Creativemind wrote:
19 Mar 2021

EDIT - I logged out of my account and then it displayed for £28 so I guess it was saying FREE as I already have it? confusing though, should say, "Already Purchased" or something.
Still 32euro here.

M

antic604

19 Mar 2021

Creativemind wrote:
19 Mar 2021

If what you have says "free" it usually means there's an update available. I think.
Music tech enthusiast.

RoryM0

19 Mar 2021

antic604 wrote:
19 Mar 2021
dvdrtldg wrote:
19 Mar 2021
Actions have consequences. For both parties :)
Apparently this is partly true.

Creativemind

19 Mar 2021

antic604 wrote:
19 Mar 2021
Creativemind wrote:
19 Mar 2021

If what you have says "free" it usually means there's an update available. I think.
Ahh I see. Will check that tomorrow (or in 10hrs time after a good nights sleep and a shower & breakfast). Thought I was on the latest version though.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

challism

20 Mar 2021

Yonatan wrote:
19 Mar 2021
I kind of want Time slider and also the Metronome (because of the visual counter) but I tend to postpone these.
Anyone using those two and having no regrets?
I have Time Slider and it's great. I would definitely grab it at this price. It's a great tool for nudging tracks into the pocket. For drums, you can run a different instance on each drum channel, so you can push the hats up, bull the bass drum back, etc, to kind of create your own customs shuffle. It can be used on MIDI and audio alike. I find it really useful.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

• Information