SineSynth from Ekssperimental Sounds in the Shop.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

12 Mar 2021

🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

fieldframe
RE Developer

12 Mar 2021

I love this concept, like a lost, alternative synth architecture rediscovered. Like something Hainbach would unearth and do a video about.

Lost Dog

12 Mar 2021

And yet again my hard earned escapes my clutches... =)

sonicbyte

12 Mar 2021

Interesting !

PhillipOrdonez

12 Mar 2021

Nice 3d render. I'd love to have that in hardware 😂

MannequinRaces

12 Mar 2021

Congrats on another release! Looks cool. You’re releasing devices really fast! How many components do your REs borrow from each other (for example reusable code for filters, envelopes, effects, etc.)? Whatever your secret seems like you have a good workflow down at this point!

Loque

12 Mar 2021

fieldframe wrote:
12 Mar 2021
I love this concept, like a lost, alternative synth architecture rediscovered. Like something Hainbach would unearth and do a video about.
Isnt this thing using a similar concept?
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nthesizer/
Reason12, Win10

Mataya

12 Mar 2021

Loque wrote:
12 Mar 2021
fieldframe wrote:
12 Mar 2021
Isnt this thing using a similar concept?
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nthesizer/
Similar concept, but no FM I guess. Few more things are missing in jps. I like both.

M

MarkTarlton

12 Mar 2021

Nice work as I've come to expect from this developer, and at this rate it's starting to make me think you guys don't sleep :)

Re8et
Competition Winner

12 Mar 2021

Expansion Reader???? What is that???? Looks pretty interesting... any youtube promo to watch??

eusti

12 Mar 2021

Re8et wrote:
12 Mar 2021
Expansion Reader???? What is that???? Looks pretty interesting... any youtube promo to watch??
I was wondering about the Expansion Reader as well... So, not possible to just load any waveform?

D.

ekss
RE Developer

12 Mar 2021

Re8et wrote:
12 Mar 2021
You can load replacement waveform from floppy disks 💾 with the reader. There are five disks included with 10 waveforms on each. You can check them in the manual here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/efce92vb33c4t ... 0.pdf?dl=0

Also, thanks for the kind words from everyone! You’re almost right.. I do sleep but pretty much all wake time goes into reason work! I’m just so stoked to be able to realize ideas with IDT/GE now that I know my way around the tools. Someone asked how much can be reused; well some! Like I used some parts from WaveMaster in this, the lower row with settings for voices and glide, LFOs, effects (with some character tweaks). And some parts, like switches and knobs have also been reused, saves a lot of time and also keep a consistent look :D

Faastwalker

13 Mar 2021

This looks very interesting. The GUI is fantastic. This guy is really knocking it out of the park with his RE's. Next pay check .......... another dent in it BEFORE I have it!! :shock:

littlejam

13 Mar 2021

hello,

will you be releasing more floppy disks
or show us a way to make our own floppy disks please

to be able to load our own samples is a coolcool thing to do these days

mahalos,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

ekss
RE Developer

13 Mar 2021

littlejam wrote:
13 Mar 2021
hello,

will you be releasing more floppy disks
or show us a way to make our own floppy disks please

to be able to load our own samples is a coolcool thing to do these days

mahalos,
Actually, the waveforms are just a quirky and fun little bonus, as the basic idea is that you can create pretty much any wave form with just the original sinewaves and the wave shaping. The waveforms on the disks are 1024 samples long single cycle and you’ll notice that it quickly sounds somewhat similar and quite noisy when stacking them up, specially the sharper ones. So loading of custom waveforms seem a bit unlikely (also not sure if it’s doable technically). But yes, additional disks included in an update is possible, but the 50 included should give you an idea of how similar the sound get when you start stacking waveforms.
It might be an idea to let people submit waveforms to include via email or so, as long as they’re 1024sample long it should work!

antic604

13 Mar 2021

MannequinRaces wrote:
12 Mar 2021
Congrats on another release! Looks cool. You’re releasing devices really fast! How many components do your REs borrow from each other (for example reusable code for filters, envelopes, effects, etc.)? Whatever your secret seems like you have a good workflow down at this point!
He's using Gorilla Engine: https://gorilla-engine.com/
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

geronimo

13 Mar 2021

My two cents _
Sinesynth01.jpg
Sinesynth01.jpg (130.27 KiB) Viewed 2913 times

ekss
RE Developer

13 Mar 2021

I made a stream on twitch, showing some patches and playing around with the different functions of SineSynth. You can see it here: https://www.twitch.tv/ekssperimentalsounds - it's long and improvised :exclamation: with out any script, so more like a small taste of what it can do and how it can sound. :geek:

ekss
RE Developer

13 Mar 2021

ekss wrote:
13 Mar 2021
I made a stream on twitch, showing some patches and playing around with the different functions of SineSynth. You can see it here: https://www.twitch.tv/ekssperimentalsounds - it's long and improvised :exclamation: with out any script, so more like a small taste of what it can do and how it can sound. :geek:

Ps: I should hook up a mic and talk some about what I do in these kind of videos in the future :)

Sus4

13 Mar 2021

Wow. I've been demoing it for the last hour and it feels like a synth I didn't even know I was waiting for. Some of these presets are incredibly tasty, fun as hell to tweak, and play very nicely with some of my favourite FX. And I love the expansion reader concept.

But... I'm also having a LOT of trouble with the UI text. Tiny, a bit low-contrast and... kind of blurry? I want to dive in and start making my own sounds with it but I'm already getting headaches from squinting - and I'm only in my 30s, so it's not like my eyes have failed me yet! I love the design overall but this feels like a real barrier to what would otherwise be an instant purchase. For me, anyway. None of which is meant to detract from an otherwise really inspiring instrument.

ekss
RE Developer

14 Mar 2021

Sus4 wrote:
13 Mar 2021
Wow. I've been demoing it for the last hour and it feels like a synth I didn't even know I was waiting for. Some of these presets are incredibly tasty, fun as hell to tweak, and play very nicely with some of my favourite FX. And I love the expansion reader concept.
Thanks for the kind words!
But... I'm also having a LOT of trouble with the UI text. Tiny, a bit low-contrast and... kind of blurry? I want to dive in and start making my own sounds with it but I'm already getting headaches from squinting - and I'm only in my 30s, so it's not like my eyes have failed me yet! I love the design overall but this feels like a real barrier to what would otherwise be an instant purchase. For me, anyway. None of which is meant to detract from an otherwise really inspiring instrument.
The blurry feeling is due to small text and reason being pretty low res, the actual bit maps are sharp and will look great when Reason 12 comes with the HD option!
As a work around in the meantime you could reference the screenshots, the manual or the pointer tool tips.
And you might want to check your screen resolution settings, because it should be pretty clear to read, even if not razor sharp.
On Mac you can zoom by holding ctrl+scroll, if you need to “dive” closer, might be some similar option in windows too :)

rcbuse
RE Developer

14 Mar 2021

Love that backside!

Lost Dog

15 Mar 2021

After Ekss-perimenting I now have jumped in and purchased, such a great tool, it has made me learn more about harmonics and sub-harmonics and how wave patterns are created, wow!!!
Also thanks Erik (and rcbuse, saw your old post!!!) for mentioning the zoom function on Macs, mine didn't work and I thought it was just a Reason feature but this is a relatively new Mac and I had not set up the zoom to work in settings, much appreciated!!!

zoidkirb

15 Mar 2021

Very cool synth. It's a real modulater's dream, where you can really bring things to life with all those rear CVs. Reminds me of the Noise Engineering bundle, but with control names that are a lot more straightforward.

Noise
Competition Winner

18 Mar 2021

Hi! Is there anyway to 'pan' these partials, for some nice wide stereo ?
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

• Information