(POLL) - Will you buy Algoritm?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

Will you buy Algoritm?

I've already bought it
6%
I'm a Reason + user so I have access to it
11%
Haven't bought it yet, but I will
26%
Haven't decided yet
23%
No not interested
30%
My plan is to win the Algoritm Song Competition so that I won't have to pay for it
5%

Total votes: 145
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

05 Mar 2021

Since most people seem to like Algoritm, I'm just curious, how many of you will buy it?
If non of the options suit you, make a comment and tell us about it.

EDIT: If you plan to wait for a sale before you buy it, put it under the "Haven't bought it yet, but I will". Feel free to add that additional comment though.
Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 05 Mar 2021, edited 1 time in total.

MannequinRaces

05 Mar 2021

Need an option on the poll wait for a sale.

Billy+

05 Mar 2021

You need another option.

I'm very interested in it and I always buy the Props synths however right now I'm waiting to see what happens with the next few updates / upgrades.

I promised myself that I wouldn't get anything including free products until I see what the up and coming bug fix does and if it's just a bug fix without features I will wait for the next major release and if that's no good them I'm afraid I'm buying Logic and will just leave Reason until they sort their sh*t out....

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

05 Mar 2021

MannequinRaces wrote:
05 Mar 2021
That will go under the "Haven't bought it yet, but I will" option. It doesn't say when you'll buy it or for how much, just that you WILL buy it.

rgdaniel

05 Mar 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
05 Mar 2021
MannequinRaces wrote:
05 Mar 2021
That will go under the "Haven't bought it yet, but I will" option. It doesn't say when you'll buy it or for how much, just that you WILL buy it.
...OR... " I haven't decided yet", until I see how much it goes on sale for... 50% off would definitely trigger me.... 30% might not....

Billy+

05 Mar 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
05 Mar 2021
MannequinRaces wrote:
05 Mar 2021
What about me?

Add the option:

I will if they sort their sh*t out!

MannequinRaces

05 Mar 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
05 Mar 2021
MannequinRaces wrote:
05 Mar 2021
Even if it’s discounted doesn’t mean I’ll buy it. ;) Not even going to trial unless it’s on sale. Guess I’m officially in the haven’t decided yet camp. :)

Billy+

05 Mar 2021

MannequinRaces wrote:
05 Mar 2021
Even if it’s discounted doesn’t mean I’ll buy it. ;) Not even going to trial unless it’s on sale.
I'm not going to trial it until they fix Reason ;)

BRIGGS

05 Mar 2021

r11s

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

05 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
05 Mar 2021
What about me?

Add the option:

I will if they sort their sh*t out!
So it's basically "Haven't decided yet". It depends on how RS manages things in the future?
Thanks for clarifying. :thumbs_up:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

05 Mar 2021

I know I could have probably written 20 different very nuanced options, but I wanted the poll the be fairly straightforward and not cluttered with way too many options.

Pick the option that's closest to how you feel and add a comment to clarify further. That way people will still get all the different nuanced opinions.

tronam

05 Mar 2021

I will definitely buy it, but I'm waiting for the upcoming Apple silicon Reason compatibility update first because the performance at the moment is quite erratic and unpredictable. The just released FL Studio v20.8.2 update was an amazing uplift in performance (like 2-3x more performant) and it's silky smooth now, so I'm hoping to see something similar for Reason.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

zoidkirb

05 Mar 2021

Might buy it at 50% off eventually. Hard to justify with already owning a bunch of FM although I do really like Algorithm.
I'd like to honestly say winning the comp would be 'the plan' but it's nowhere near realistic as I'm predicting a record number of entries and heavy hitting contestants :D

thedjjudah

05 Mar 2021

I told myself I wasn't going to buy an RE. Didn't want to get plugin lust, but I really like what I've trialed so far in Algoritm. I am going to buy it, although I'm really not looking forward to learning another instrument all over again.

Steedus
Competition Winner

05 Mar 2021

Both Algoritm and Friktion look like great fun and I would love to have them in the rack, but as a super casual user who does it purely as a hobby (and who isn't a synth tweaker), it doesn't make sense to buy new devices at $130 (AUD) a pop. Reason+ could be on the cards for me in future, but as a Suite owner it will take a good while for it to become worthwhile to start subscribing vs just updating every now and then and using what I've got.

Kuranes2021

05 Mar 2021

Bought it on day one, don't regret it.

raymondh

06 Mar 2021

I bought it, and really enjoy it!

I'll be surprised if Reason Studios ever discount their synths moving forward.
Now they have the (optional) subscription model, which will absolutely be their preference (smoothed revenue streams), discounts in perpetual licenses undermines the subscription push.

challism

06 Mar 2021

I've got it in R+ and I'm waiting for a huge sale to buy the license. Ideally, I'd like to see it offered in a BF or MM sale for $39 in the next year or two; I'd absolutely buy it for that price. R+ is cool, but I'm likely to still collect licenses to the products I want, along the way.
raymondh wrote:
06 Mar 2021
I'll be surprised if Reason Studios ever discount their synths moving forward.
Now they have the (optional) subscription model, which will absolutely be their preference (smoothed revenue streams), discounts in perpetual licenses undermines the subscription push.
That's a good point, and it makes absolute sense. I really hope you are wrong about it, though.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

antic604

06 Mar 2021

In the spirit of other replies, I'm missing an option for " I'd love to buy it, but I won't - f**k RS ".
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Popey
Competition Winner

06 Mar 2021

I am in the not sure camp. I have been enjoying using it but a few times I found myself wishing for a few more curves lfo etc for more modulation options. Never really dabbled much with fm synthesis but own fm8 from ni and tried that recently too. I certainly prefer working in algo more than fm8. Think I will trial f'em from traktion once it is released and then make a decision if I really need a new fm synth.

BCsab

06 Mar 2021

I wont't buy it. I got the PX7 so don't feel the need of another FM synth . I don't have the knowledge and experience in sound design to to see the differences. Maybe a year or two later when i will have more experience.
--------------------------------------------------------
Reason 12

moneykube

06 Mar 2021

won't consider buying one more device until they fix their software.... poor job RS... pathetic
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

SynthRatings

06 Mar 2021

Haven't bought it yet, but probably will (on sale).
Since I'm unfortunately more of a synth collector than a musician (hey, at least I'm honest), I can't really buy stuff at full price.
Interested in Algorithm, even more so after trialing it - it's a meaty-sounding little fella -, but not over a hundred bucks interested.
I publish ratings of VST and RE instruments on a dedicated YouTube channel here:
https://www.youtube.com/c/SynthRatings

tanni

06 Mar 2021

Haven't bought yet too. I think its a good synth and I will pay the price for it, but the thing is, I wait for Reason 12 and see how it goes for future with these Authorization stuff and how the Daw will develope this year. And until this point I dont buy any stuff in the shop. If they cancel the dongle for example, I switch to another DAW and won't buy stuff any more out of the shop, so no Rackextensions or updates.

sdst
Competition Winner

06 Mar 2021

I like everything that sounds like the 80s, so I like this synth

but it is also good with the cpu, I say it's good to have it

• Information